logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
2. (5 mins ago)
nobita
bad effect for my child
3. (9 mins ago)
worldhealth.ca
Reps are liars and told bullshit about their services
4. (9 mins ago)
ACS Legal Group / Advance Cash America
ACS Legal Group Scam
5. (17 mins ago)
Bovada
Cheating honest people out of money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Transamerica Life

Posted: 2011-12-31 by    stevero2

Transamerica Life Insurance Company
Iowa
Customer Service is non existent. I have had an individual life insurance policy with TransAmerica since 2002. In August I applied for reinstatement. TransAmerica sent a paramedic who performed an exam including EKG and blood/urinalysis testing.

By letter dated August 30, 2011, TransAmerica informed me that my reinstatement was denied. They attached a "Your Right to Know" which said that I have "the right to see and obtain copies of documents related to this decision". I was instructed to submit a written request within 90 days. "We will respond to you within 21 business days from the date of receipt of your written request", it said.

By telephone call to TransAmerica customer no-service on September 13, 2011, I asked if an email request would suffice, and was told "yes". I was given an email address to submit my request, which I did on September 13, 2011.

After having received no reply, I called TransAmerica customer no-service on October 25, 2011, and spoke with Bonnie. She said my email request had not been received. That day I resubmitted the request, and this time requested a return receipt. On October 28, 2011, I received such receipt saying that my message had been read.

After two more months of not receiving any documentation, on December 30, 2011, I called TransAmerica customer no-service again. This time I talked to Robert who said I should have received an email response. I rechecked my email, and at his suggestion my spam folder. Nothing. He said they will mail the documents, but I am skeptical.

Fact is, it has been 15 weeks since my first request, and 10 weeks since my second request, and no documents.

My doctor says I am healthy. TransAmerica says I am not. I wish to purchase replacement life insurance and also long term care insurance. My broker says insurance companies will not even talk to me without an explanation of why I was denied WHICH TRANSAMERICA WILL NOT PROVIDE!!!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2012 by   Consumer Affairs 0 Votes
At Transamerica nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or policy/certificate number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

Businessman Helps Police Nab Scammers