logo

Kirby Vacuums
scam
3. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
WC*MON TASTE 4 SAVINGS
Idid not authorize or order your services
4. (1 hr 51 mins ago)
Scam and rip off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Transam Associates, Valrico, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and cheating company!

Transam Associates Contacts & Informations

Transam Associates

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating company!

Transam Associates
3433 Lithis Pinecrest Rd. Ste 303
Valrico, Florida
Phone: 813-657-4130
www.transamassociates.com
I actually found this job on yahoohotjobs.com which would make one think it is legitimate. Wrong-they emailed me repeatedly asking me to do a sample dictation for them which I did. Then they said all you have to do is read the agreement and then we will start your training today. In the agreement it says you have to purchase the software, which I know many transcriptions who have done that. So I started chatting with their so-called live help center. I asked for references from Doctors whom they transcribe for and testimonials from employees. The chat person said 'I'm sorry we cannot release info on our Doctors and if we had our employees say anything we would have to pay them and that would be tainted information but we can tell you how long we've been in business.' I'm sorry but just the way the whole thing goes down is shady. They told me that they do not under any circumstance refund the money and the training can be anywhere from one to several months, it all depends on you. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. I told live chat that they should be ashamed of themselves for ripping people off and they should get real jobs. Her response was 'good luck to you, thanks for chatting with me today, bye for now' yeah I don't think I will be back.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jan, 2010 by   ocean22 0 Votes
When they asked for $450 for software, I was skeptical. I think I could have typed anything for the dictation sample and they would have been "very impressed."

My philosophy is this: any legitimate company in their position would be making their profit by getting people jobs, and if any software is required for that they could buy a company license policy for the software to make it available to their employees for free, like every other company I've worked for in the past.

They need to stop ripping off the unemployed. Greed is ruining our society.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   goodluck guys 0 Votes
there are great jobs out there that you can do from home. westathome.com is a great one. also liveops.com, now liveops does want a fee for a background check, but they are legit. I know a few ppl that actually work with them. there is also 1-800 Flowers. These company hire just as any other company would. You have to pass a background check and drug screen. as someone said earlier, avoid those emails that have exclamation points in them. as a matter of fact, maybe u shud just avoid the emails all together, unless it's a job u know u personally applied for. most of the jobs that come thru some of those site without me even applying, i really don't pay attention to. i mean wal-mart has never just called me up and asked if i wanted a job, without me even applying.

yeah there may be some legitimate ones that contact you without u contacting them, but i really think it's rare. as far as medical transcribing companies, i can't help you guys out with that, i wish i cud(for myself also). im still typing b/c im still thinking...oh, there's also convergy.com<<! Report Spam
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   Duaghter of THE KING 0 Votes
OMG
I just spent all this money buying a laptop and was just going to pay for this schooling. I went to their product purchase website and tried to pay for part of the schooling only half up front but I kept receiving a denial on the processing. i thought this was strange so I went online to look up the company and found these postings. I freaked out called my bank cancelled my debit card and now have to re-order a new one. Wow, thank you for posting these truths you just saved me a tone of money. Does anyone know a legitimate company that does the trainning?
Signed,
Blessed MOM
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   scottl2001 0 Votes
After reading the numerous negative comments on this board, I have to ask a question. Beyond the issiue of having to pay for the books and software, has there ever been a complaint that they do not deliver on their promises? They say you get certified, waive the tuition, guarantee work from home, at your own pace. Is there any sense that they do not deliver on this? Or is the only complaint the cost of the software?
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   ddbead 0 Votes
They are a complete scam. Don't waste your money. They wouldn't answer any of my e-mails when I asked them to provide accreditation certificates or references. In fact, they misspelled "applied" when they responded to me, spelling it "appliced". This from a professional transcription service?? What a joke! They want your money, not your expertise.
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   shouldveknownbetter 0 Votes
Transam is a fluke! They are so interested in you and want you on their team, and make you think that your are the perfect match for this stay at home job. They wanted money right away, now its $569 much higher than a couple of years ago, the economy is bad and there has not been comments on this company in a while but now we are losing our jobs and desperate to find a reasonable salary to get by. I asked for time to research the company, when I did and found they had way too many complaints, I sent a very curteous email saying I have researched the company and didnt like the findings, could they please remove me from their records, they emailed me back saying that THEY are opting out, that I don't need to contact them any more unless I want to be a nuisance!!! I couldn't believe I tried to be the kinder one about this and how I would reply to them letting them know I wasn't interested anymore in a decent manner!!! I'm blown away by this, Im happy that I listened to my gut and researched these people, I am not as desperate as them to scam good peoples money, and will never stoop to their level, BEWARE when you hear about Transam, I will let everyone I know what happened to me so they will not get sucked into this horrible "Dream Job"!!!
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   IAmXToThe10 0 Votes
Well, shoot. I got the email and did the translation, but i still had that funny feeling that it was a scam and all they wanted to do is get your money out of you. So, I googled her name and her "so called company status" and sure enought Scam Scam Scam Do not go here and do this!! I thought I was going to be able to find a job, but I guess I am stuck going back to the drawing board as well!! Thank god I checked to see if it was a scam do I didnt get myself stuck in a hole.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   kmdi 0 Votes
My boyfriend got an e-mail from them from hotjobs on yahoo. He found a full time job as an operator so he forwarded me the e-mail and I went ahead and did the test and sent it to them. They said I did an outstanding job and so forth saying I got an interview with an online chat. I went there today and they said I had to buy software to use for training and for the "live job". My boyfriend thought it was legit so I believed him and sent them $100.00 as a down payment so I can start classes now because I really need a job. They said I could do payments each month and when training was done before I got to start the "live job" I would of had to pay the full amount of $495 for the software. Then my dad said to google them and I saw these complaints. Is there anyway I can get my $100 back cause it was hard enough getting the money to pay them and now they even have my credit card number!!! Any suggestions please??
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   DianeEhrman 0 Votes
I did get suckered and hope this will help. I did buy their program; I completed three groups of 31 dictation files each; took the test and (surprise!) did not pass. (Just to mention, I completed the medical transcription course fron U.S. Career Institute and received a 93% - A). Then I completed two more groups of 31 dictation files, took the test and guess what - because I did not upload it in "rtf" format (I sent it in "word" by mistake), even if Ipassed - even if there were no errors in my transcription, I won't pass the test . I have to complete another two groups of 31 dictation files before I can take the test again (each group can only be downloaded after ten days from downloading the prior one - therefore, I couldn't take the test for another 20 days). The person that they have dictate the test is apparently a southern man, who talks so fast that you can hear the drool falling out his mouth! I never knew that anyone could talk that fast and without taking any breath, just stumbling over the words. They set you up to fail. I am unemployed and I worked very hard to try to get in which this company and get some work. Right now, I just don't believe there is any company.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   Theresa Hackett Fuqua 0 Votes
HA! I just told the recruiter, Kimberly Carton, that I just couldn't rationalize paying to earn pay. I gave her this website and cited my reasons.

She still invited me to their web-conferencing and said I had some really good questions. HA!

Audacious! They must be really confident in their ability to verbally persuade you into paying anyway.

Good luck to those who were conned. Thank you to all those who were able to read the signs, and the posts before they bought and posted here to let the rest of us suckers know not to be suckered.

Yes, we all want to believe its possible.

I did stumble upon a good one that is a legitamite site for at home jobs, but unless you have the specific skills, there is almost no way to get a job

Good Luck!
 15th of Aug, 2010 by   Kerrith 0 Votes
I too passed their "sample" test online, next thing I know I am getting a contract and all of the associated information, first of all if they think for a second I would pay nearly $500 just for the digital response let alone medical terminology and software monies, well their crazy. I need to add to my income not take away from it.I am an LPN and prior that worked in many Physician's offices, my command of medical terminology is pretty darn good and I have transcription experience.
These people should be reported and stopped (like so many).
BTW Transcription America and Transam are the same .
Good luck everyone, these jobs are very hard to find.
 13th of Sep, 2010 by   antlu65 0 Votes
Lol, I was reading the reviews on this site as I entered the live chat, here's how it went (for your amusement):

-----------------------------------

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Qualifying Operator'

Qualifying Operator: Hello! Thank you for contacting "Live Support" How may I help you today?
Anthony Lu: Transcription America application?
Qualifying Operator: I'd be happy to talk with you about the job interview with our company.
Qualifying Operator: Where are you in the application process? Did you transcribe a sample for us yet? And if so, have you heard back from the company?
Anthony Lu: Hello?
Anthony Lu: Can you repeat that pls?
Anthony Lu: Transcription America application?
Qualifying Operator: Yes
Qualifying Operator: Just hit your back button on the page you are on
Anthony Lu: I'm contacting you regarding the job interview for Transcription America.
Anthony Lu: I transcribed the sample and I heard back from the company.
Qualifying Operator: Great
Qualifying Operator: Let me help you with this...
Qualifying Operator: This is your job interview. This is a guaranteed job!
If you qualify, you work for and get paid by us.

This is hard work. Did you go to school for medical transcription?
What working experience have you had?
Tell me a little bit about your background.
Anthony Lu: Can I ask you a few questions?
Qualifying Operator: Yes in a moment
Qualifying Operator: What is your background?
Anthony Lu: Recent grad with bachelors in a science.
Anthony Lu: No previous medical transcription experience.
Qualifying Operator: Great
Qualifying Operator: That helps a lot.
Qualifying Operator: You may not need any training at all but if you do...It is all at your own pace in your own time. It usually takes a minimum of one month.
Qualifying Operator: Have you read and submitted the work agreement before coming to this live chat interview?
Qualifying Operator: http://www.transcription-america.com/application.htm
Anthony Lu: I filled out the application already.
Qualifying Operator: Great
Qualifying Operator: We will train you and bring you up to speed to the way we transcribe. We assign you your own personal trainer to do that. The trainer designs a program specifically for you. Based on your background, experience, and previous training. That way you don't have to repeat what you already know. Here's the guarantee: as soon as you are accurate in your transcription we move you over to 'live' work and you start getting paid right away by us. We pick up all the cost for training, your only investment is in the software itself.
Anthony Lu: What hospitals / healthcare companies do you provide service for?
Anthony Lu: Ok.
Qualifying Operator: You may not need any training at all.

Three exams are given in the beginning and if you pass, then you are put to work immediately and start getting paid right away. You only need to be accurate according to our standards.

I am sure you will do just fine.

Qualifying Operator: ok
Qualifying Operator: Let me help you with this...
Qualifying Operator: As you read in the work agreement, the Special Internet Component is the total communication link between you and us. That's how you receive your work. That's how you send your work back to us. And that's how you talk to your personal trainer 'live' right in the program.

The Special Internet Component utilizes state-of-the-art techniques to ensure patient confidentiality and to keep all of the transactions and operations in accordance with the HIPAA regulations and guidelines.

Let me briefly explain how this whole process works and then I will answer your questions.
- The software is the Special Internet Component.
- It's $495 and you will need that for both the training and for the actual 'paid live' work.
- Are you in the position financially to purchase the software at this time?
Anthony Lu: Ok.
Anthony Lu: Yes I have the financial capacity to purchase the software if I choose to.
Qualifying Operator: Great
Qualifying Operator: You can take the exams today...right after you install the software. The software is required to place the templates on your computer..this makes your job a lot easier.

Also, as part of your software download you receive samples of what your work should look like. You just match your work with the samples.

It is very easy. I am sure you will do just fine.
Anthony Lu: Ok.
Qualifying Operator: Can you start this week?
Anthony Lu: I could.
Qualifying Operator: Welcome aboard
Anthony Lu: Can I ask a few questions?
Qualifying Operator: Yes
Anthony Lu: What hospitals / healthcare companies do you currently provide service for?
Qualifying Operator: We provide to hospitals, clinics and doctor offices
Anthony Lu: Please be more specific?
Qualifying Operator: I am just an operator
Qualifying Operator: I don't have any information about that
Qualifying Operator: What other questions do you have?
Anthony Lu: Why is it necessary to purchase your company's proprietary software just to work for you?
Qualifying Operator: The Special Internet Component is the total communication link between you and us.
Timing is everything! When do you think you will be able to get the software?
Qualifying Operator: Please call the Corporate office at 302-351-6188. The hours are 9 to 5 Eastern time Monday through Friday.
Qualifying Operator: They will help you.
Anthony Lu: Lol, a copy-pasted response.
Anthony Lu: I wasn't born yesterday, man. They better pay you well to help them scam people looking for honest work. What legitimate company asks its prospective employees to pay for their ass-ancient software just to work for them? What legitimate company throws up Google Adsense on its homepage? Jesus fucking christ, get a better job. I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually the owner of this ridiculous operation.
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

-----------------------------------------

As you can see, I didn't take the job.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   the Pat-Mann 0 Votes
I don't know how I found out about Transam Associates. I'm thinking they more likely found out about ME. Anyway, I received an email from a Nancy Klune titled "Job interview" stating they were impressed with my resume and wanted to offer me the position of CSR (entry level Data Entry). If I was interested to write back to her. So I did. Following day i receive a dictation typing test. I' thought this was to see how well I can take dictation and type. I did a miserable job: in 30 seconds the best I did was 4 partial sentences (which I relied more on memory than actual dictation skills. btw, I HAVE NO dictation skills. My 86 year old aunt with Macular Degeneration can run circles around me when it comes to dictation and typing). Following day I get a email saying "Congratulations! You've been accepted..." and I could start training this week, etc.
There was no mention of a person to person interview, submitting to a drug test, or where any call center was located. I wondered if they even bothered to look at my "test" to begin with. Alarms started going off. Well, I noticed the email I received was from verizon.net. I have friends employed by Verizon. I forwarded these emails to them. Just to see if this was legit. One of them sent this site back. This was all i needed. So I'll continue to seek employment elsewhere.

It also occurrred to me: Klune (more commonly spelled KLUN in Europe) is Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, and German for ------ CLOWN.
 1st of Jan, 2011 by   smkinwi 0 Votes
As a person who teaches Med. Trans. at a local college as well as General English (grammar), and is an editor for another transcription company, I gave Transam Associates, Inc. a try. The main reason for giving Transam Associates a try was a referral from my MT certifcation school. Ya'd think it would be a safe bet as a legitimate business if the referral came from an MT school; however, after going through the intitial testing modules as well as multiple tears of training transcriptions and further testing modules, it became obvious to this teacher of grammar that the people/person that made the keys does NOT have a firm grasp on grammatical rules, and there was no chance for me to pass the tests to get to real work. Thankfully, there was some additional learning of rheumatoid arthritis terminology acquired through the training modules, so it was not a complete waste of money in my case, but if you are a new MT looking for a place to start, this is NOT IT!!!
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   EO'S 0 Votes
Thank you all so much for this information. I am actually right in the moddle of the communication with this outfit, having just completed the transcription and with an interview timed for 10 am EST (in 10 mins.) Their communication to me immediately drew my suspcions claiming, as it did, that my resume content made me an ideal candidate for a position with the company. As my career history would certainly not suggest that and I had never mentioned my typing speed etc., one can see why suspicions would arise. I will now break off all contact with them and thanks to you, at no cost to me.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   devnull 0 Votes
Be advised - every entity mentioned in this post is a scam, view URLs at your own risk.

Transam Associates also does business (scams) with these web pages (spaces added on purpose):
http://www. healthcare-employment .net/
http://www. affiliated-healthcare .net/

Their sample.mp3 file also matches a sample from Transcription America over a year ago. Although the badly made web pages are made from different templates than http://www. transamassociates .com, their live chat links use the same site ID numbers, proving the connection.

The "software" site http:// mtsoftware .org/ is also badly made and features the same chat link. The scammers in the live chat are unwilling (and do not even attempt) to explain why the support chat for a computer program links to a recruiting session/interview.

A sample of a chat I experienced is saved here:

Again, be advised - every entity mentioned in this report is a scam.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   devnull 0 Votes
Please pardon the triple-post, that was not my intent.
 14th of Jul, 2011 by   Terry1957 0 Votes
Hi Matt,
I was one of the foolish ones. I paid for the program, I took their Grammar English course, plus bought the book through Amazon. I took their Terminology Course also, which I bought a book for through Amazon. I have done so many Groups of 30-31 and then tested. I have passed my group files with flying colors but when it comes to the test, can't understand the same person that was on the audios that I could understand. They say you receive a certificate for your Grammar course and your Terminology course although, when I completed both with high A's and B's they told me NO, I don't get that until I start working for them. Disappointed here and fed up with this place, if there were some place I could go for my money back I would, although they do not give your money back, I have lost my money on the program of $500.00 plus all of my books plus almost a years worth of my time in which I have worked very hard daily to get this position. I have gone to some colleges now in order to get my certificate for Medical Terminology as well as my RMT and each college I have spoken to can not even find MT Professional or Transam Associates in their books as a good replicable Credited Schooling. Beware people in what you find on the internet. These people are out to take your money...

Avoid Auto Dealer Scams