Posted:

Fraud and cheating company!

4.8
3433 Lithis Pinecrest Rd. Ste 303
Valrico, Florida
Phone: 813-657-4130
www.transamassociates.com
I actually found this job on yahoohotjobs.com which would make one think it is legitimate. Wrong-they emailed me repeatedly asking me to do a sample dictation for them which I did. Then they said all you have to do is read the agreement and then we will start your training today. In the agreement it says you have to purchase the software, which I know many transcriptions who have done that. So I started chatting with their so-called live help center. I asked for references from Doctors whom they transcribe for and testimonials from employees. The chat person said 'I'm sorry we cannot release info on our Doctors and if we had our employees say anything we would have to pay them and that would be tainted information but we can tell you how long we've been in business.' I'm sorry but just the way the whole thing goes down is shady. They told me that they do not under any circumstance refund the money and the training can be anywhere from one to several months, it all depends on you. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. I told live chat that they should be ashamed of themselves for ripping people off and they should get real jobs. Her response was 'good luck to you, thanks for chatting with me today, bye for now' yeah I don't think I will be back.
Complaint comments Comments (189) Complaint country United States Complaint category Job & Career

Comments

28th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
These people advertise through Yahoo Jobs offering transcription jobs, but they are crooks and thieves. Around 2002, I applied thinking it was a real job, but it wasn't. It is a school and you have to buy a very expensive program. I file complaints with just about every complaint board, but they didn't do anything about it. I even filed a complaint with Yahoo, but Yahoo kept on letting TransAm rip people off. Shame on Yahoo also.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
As someone who took this companies "bait" I can assure those of you that have started training with this company that they are legit. I started their training program in May 2008 and passed my third consecutive test in May 2009. I have been working with them ever since. They don't send me a ton of work, but I do get work from them daily. They have never promised a ton of work as a New Professional. That will come when you are moved to Professional status. They have high standards and to call something a scam as soon as you don't meet those standards is silly, I think. I can see how people get discouraged. I did, but I also stuck with it. They send me work everyday and a Christmas gift this year. How many scam companies do that?
 4th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Don't just tell them no or "opt out" via the link in the solicitation email. Mark this as spam. This is the only way that Yahoo is going to recognize these offers and start treating them accordingly.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Transam Associates - Frauds
Florida

I got the email today about learning to be a Medical Transcriptionist. It said it was from Hotjobs so I thought it was legitimate. I did the sample dictation and sent an email back to the recruiter, Kim something. But of course, I didn't feel right about the whole deal and I pulled up the company name and found all this. I want to thank each of you for telling your story and I am so sorry that you had to go through what you did. I can't believe companies can do this to people! Again thank you for saving me from making a huge mistake I can't afford to make... GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
 15th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
When they asked for $450 for software, I was skeptical. I think I could have typed anything for the dictation sample and they would have been "very impressed."

My philosophy is this: any legitimate company in their position would be making their profit by getting people jobs, and if any software is required for that they could buy a company license policy for the software to make it available to their employees for free, like every other company I've worked for in the past.

They need to stop ripping off the unemployed. Greed is ruining our society.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
there are great jobs out there that you can do from home. westathome.com is a great one. also liveops.com, now liveops does want a fee for a background check, but they are legit. I know a few ppl that actually work with them. there is also 1-800 Flowers. These company hire just as any other company would. You have to pass a background check and drug screen. as someone said earlier, avoid those emails that have exclamation points in them. as a matter of fact, maybe u shud just avoid the emails all together, unless it's a job u know u personally applied for. most of the jobs that come thru some of those site without me even applying, i really don't pay attention to. i mean wal-mart has never just called me up and asked if i wanted a job, without me even applying.

yeah there may be some legitimate ones that contact you without u contacting them, but i really think it's rare. as far as medical transcribing companies, i can't help you guys out with that, i wish i cud(for myself also). im still typing b/c im still thinking...oh, there's also convergy.com<<
 29th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
OMG
I just spent all this money buying a laptop and was just going to pay for this schooling. I went to their product purchase website and tried to pay for part of the schooling only half up front but I kept receiving a denial on the processing. i thought this was strange so I went online to look up the company and found these postings. I freaked out called my bank cancelled my debit card and now have to re-order a new one. Wow, thank you for posting these truths you just saved me a tone of money. Does anyone know a legitimate company that does the trainning?
Signed,
Blessed MOM
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
After reading the numerous negative comments on this board, I have to ask a question. Beyond the issiue of having to pay for the books and software, has there ever been a complaint that they do not deliver on their promises? They say you get certified, waive the tuition, guarantee work from home, at your own pace. Is there any sense that they do not deliver on this? Or is the only complaint the cost of the software?
 18th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am very glad that I decided to check this company out. I am already certified, but am finding it very hard to get hired with no experience so I thought this would be a great place to start. Obviously, I was very wrong. Thank you to all who complained!
 12th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
They are a complete scam. Don't waste your money. They wouldn't answer any of my e-mails when I asked them to provide accreditation certificates or references. In fact, they misspelled "applied" when they responded to me, spelling it "appliced". This from a professional transcription service?? What a joke! They want your money, not your expertise.
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Transam is a fluke! They are so interested in you and want you on their team, and make you think that your are the perfect match for this stay at home job. They wanted money right away, now its $569 much higher than a couple of years ago, the economy is bad and there has not been comments on this company in a while but now we are losing our jobs and desperate to find a reasonable salary to get by. I asked for time to research the company, when I did and found they had way too many complaints, I sent a very curteous email saying I have researched the company and didnt like the findings, could they please remove me from their records, they emailed me back saying that THEY are opting out, that I don't need to contact them any more unless I want to be a nuisance!!! I couldn't believe I tried to be the kinder one about this and how I would reply to them letting them know I wasn't interested anymore in a decent manner!!! I'm blown away by this, Im happy that I listened to my gut and researched these people, I am not as desperate as them to scam good peoples money, and will never stoop to their level, BEWARE when you hear about Transam, I will let everyone I know what happened to me so they will not get sucked into this horrible "Dream Job"!!!
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Transam Associates - Don't Pay to Work!!
Transam
Florida

This "company" is horrible, I found this company through YahooJobs and I'm sorry I did, they ask for $595, and claim they have been in business for 11 years, though through the BBB they have only been around since 2005, they can't even get their lies straight! I was nice in my email to them saying I did research the company and wasn't happy with the findings, if they could please remove me from their records, I didn't expect an email from them but they did get back to me, stating "We are opting out, DON'T email us anymore unless you want to be a nuisance". Did my ears decieve me? What jerks, and to think I was trying to be kind to them with my request!!! They are known for taking your money and then not sending you work, always research everything!! Lucky I didn't get suckered, they need to be closed down for being dishonest people taking honest peoples money. Make sure not to let your wife, mother, daughter or anyone who wants a stay at home job doing Medical Trascription go through Transam.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well, shoot. I got the email and did the translation, but i still had that funny feeling that it was a scam and all they wanted to do is get your money out of you. So, I googled her name and her "so called company status" and sure enought Scam Scam Scam Do not go here and do this!! I thought I was going to be able to find a job, but I guess I am stuck going back to the drawing board as well!! Thank god I checked to see if it was a scam do I didnt get myself stuck in a hole.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
My boyfriend got an e-mail from them from hotjobs on yahoo. He found a full time job as an operator so he forwarded me the e-mail and I went ahead and did the test and sent it to them. They said I did an outstanding job and so forth saying I got an interview with an online chat. I went there today and they said I had to buy software to use for training and for the "live job". My boyfriend thought it was legit so I believed him and sent them $100.00 as a down payment so I can start classes now because I really need a job. They said I could do payments each month and when training was done before I got to start the "live job" I would of had to pay the full amount of $495 for the software. Then my dad said to google them and I saw these complaints. Is there anyway I can get my $100 back cause it was hard enough getting the money to pay them and now they even have my credit card number!!! Any suggestions please??
 14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
WITH ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ABOUT TRANSAM ASSOCIATES
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED?
 14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
where is this company located
 4th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

Transam Associates - Scam

When questioned about their business practices, the Transam representative became flustered and accusatory of me for questioning them on their business practices.

See the following conversation that I had with them.

Recruiting Assistant: Hello! Thank you for contacting Transam's Live Support. How may I help you today?

Geneva: hello. I would like to reschedule my interview please.

Recruiting Assistant: Good afternoon

Recruiting Assistant: I'd be happy to talk with you about the job interview with our company.

Recruiting Assistant: Where are you in the application process? Did you transcribe a sample for us yet? And if so, have you heard back from the company?

Geneva: Yes. I have transcibed a sample and I have been accepted. I also heard back from the company and the company would like to move forward with an interview.

Recruiting Assistant: This is your job interview. This is a guaranteed job!
If you qualify, you work for and get paid by us.

This is hard work. Did you go to school for medical transcription?
What working experience have you had?
Tell me a little bit about your background.

Geneva: I have worked as an adminstrative assistant for 3 years. I have also worked in the medical insurance field for 3 years as well. I also have several years of customer service. I have not done straight transcribing before, but feel that my work in the medical insurance field - explaining to customers about their conditions and making sure that they understand how they are covered may help with my understanding the process of transcribing.

Recruiting Assistant: We will train you and bring you up to speed to the way we transcribe. We assign you your own personal trainer to do that. The trainer designs a program specifically for you. Based on your background, experience, and previous training. That way you don't have to repeat what you already know. Here's the guarantee: as soon as you are accurate in your transcription we move you over to 'live' work and you start getting paid right away by us. We pick up all the cost for training, your only investment is in the software itself.

Geneva: How much is the software?

Geneva: hello? are you still there?

Recruiting Assistant: You may not need any training at all.

Three exams are given in the beginning and if you pass, then you are put to work immediately and start getting paid right away. You only need to be accurate according to our standards.

I am sure you will do just fine.

Recruiting Assistant: The MT Professional is the total communication link between you and us. That's how you receive your work. That's how you send your work back to us. And that's how you talk to your personal trainer 'live' right in the program.

MT Professional utilizes state-of-the-art techniques to ensure patient confidentiality and to keep all of the transactions and operations in accordance with the HIPAA regulations and guidelines.

Let me briefly explain how this whole process works and then I will answer your questions.
- The special software is the MT Professional..
- It's $495 and you will need that for both the training and for the actual 'paid live' work.
- Are you in the position financially to purchase the software at this time?

Geneva: No, unfortunately, I am not in a position to pay $495 at this time.

Geneva: Do you have a company intranet that I could log onto in lieu of purchasing the software?

Geneva: Are you still there?

Recruiting Assistant: We DO NOT expect you to have ALL the money right now. We will work with you.

The good news is that you can start your training today.

Recruiting Assistant: You may be wondering if we are a credible organization. Is this for real?

We are with the Chamber -- .and we are not just members of the Chamber of Commerce --- we are on the board of directors too. You can email the Chamber of Commerce.
Chamber Member
Chamber Email: info@seffnerchamber.com
You can also know that the state of Florida has 'certified' Transam Associates as a valid legitimate corporation.
Go to the Secretary of State for reassurance at this web site:
http://sunbiz.org/corinam.html and search for Transam Associates
We are listed with the Better Business Bureau and we are celebrating our 11th year in business. You are in good hands with us. We have over 200 transcriptionists all over the country. From Hawaii, Alaska, Canada and sprinkled all across the USA.
You are in good hands with us.

Geneva: It looks like Linda Loehr has been doing this for some time. So, how is it that you will be working with me on the price of this software?

Recruiting Assistant: We want you to start this month. This limited opportunity of tuition FREE training has been extended to 5:00 pm. EST on June 13, 2010...
- I don't want you to miss out on this opportunity. If you take advantage of this and sign up this month you won't miss out...
- We need you to start in the next week or so...
- Let me see what I can do.
- Hold on...

Recruiting Assistant: There are payment plans! You pay $260 and you can download the software and start today. The balance can be paid later ... at your convenience.

The balance can be paid in the next month or two..hopefully as soon as possible.
We will send you a reminder!

Click on this link and take a look:

Geneva: I see that you have control over the discount on the software, however, I am not in a position to pay $260.00. I've also noticed that payments go to the pinecrest address that you list. Is there anything else you can do to help with this? I prefer to work dept free.

Recruiting Assistant: There is another option. We have a "Lay Away Plan" which means that you will have complete access to the training department in case you have any questions and we will set aside your own personal copy of the MT Professional on terms which permit periodic payments for the software. Delivery is deferred until you pay the first $260. For example, you could pay $130 this month and then $130 next month. The remaining balance of $255 will need to be paid during your training before you begin your Group 2 practice files. Please note there are no refunds.
Please note: The minimum payment is $130.
I don't want you to miss out on this opportunity.
Click on this link and take a look: https://www.mtprofessional.com/layaway.asp

Geneva: I have been looking at the bbb site and how found numerous complaints against your company. What is your response to the complaints filed against you?

Recruiting Assistant: Rather than just relying on the ratings section that the BBB provides, we recommend that you scroll further down the page and read the details concerning the actual complaints. In reading this detail you will see that in almost all cases the BBB was satisfied with our response to the complaint.

Recruiting Assistant: There are always two sides and the BBB requires that a company address every complaint in detail. They then make their determination based on having both sides, hence they were satisfied that we provided a valid response and addressed all issues in the complaint. Just because a complaint is lodged does not mean it necessarily has merit.

Geneva: I also see that you are not accredited with the BBB. What is your response to this?

Geneva: Due to the number of complaints against you, your company has a C- rating. What is your response to this?

Recruiting Assistant: BBB accredited businesses PAY A FEE for accreditation to the Better Business Bureau.

BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by the BBB, or that the BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.

Recruiting Assistant: The information above answers that question. We have responded to each and every complaint with the BBB and to the satisfaction of the BBB. Just because a complaint is lodged does not mean it necessarily has merit.

Geneva: There is something to be said about being accredited with the BBB. To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards. With a C- rating, would it not improve the image of the company and my possible employment if you improved your own situation by meeting their accreditation standards instead?

Geneva: Regardless of your history as shown above. I think that this deserves an answer independent of that.

Geneva: To gain accreditation you must:

Geneva: 1. build trust - establish and maintain a positive rating in the market place.

Geneva: 2. Advertise Honestly

Geneva: 3. tell the truth - honestly represent products and give adequate disclosures upfront

Recruiting Assistant: Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not PAID A FEE to the BBB. We have chosen not to pay the BBB to get a higher rating.

Recruiting Assistant: It is certainly an admirable goal for an organization to give consumers insight into how a company does business, but at the same time, every company, no matter what industry they are part of, should be treated and rated by the same standards as any other company regardless of the industry. This is where the BBB fails. If you would like to see what other companies feel about this same issue you can visit the following websites: copy into your web browser, i, e, Internet Explorer.

/URL removed/

or /URL removed/

Geneva: I did search those already which is why I am asking the questions here.

Geneva: Which is also why I expect real answers; not canned ones.

Recruiting Assistant: Those sites will give you information on the BBB also. We as a company have made the decision not to pay for accreditation. As the BBB states accreditation does not mean the BBB endorses or is evaluating our company. You would need to look at more than just the rating to get an understanding that we have responded to all complaints and the BBB agree that we have complied with that.

Geneva: Let me quote you: "It is certainly an admirable goal for an organization to give consumers insight into how a company does business, but at the same time, every company, no matter what industry they are part of, should be treated and rated by the same standards as any other company regardless of the industry. This is where the BBB fails." and yet it applies the same standards to every company. Those were the standards that I began to list for you before you cut me off and got flustered. Why do you not feel obligated to align yourself with these standards that apply across the board to other companies? Because of a fee?

Geneva: and yet you ask me to pay a fee to be obligated to you?

Geneva: no obligation to be professional, be transparent, be honest, be upfront regarding the product costs, or to honor promises? all because of a fee?

Recruiting Assistant: We have given you all of the information regarding our company and any costs upfront.

Recruiting Assistant: You are taking the rating on the BBB and making it your sole decision on whether we are an upfront, honest, professional company without taking into consideration that we have responded to those complaints and to the satisfaction of the BBB.

Geneva: No, I am asking a question. Your perception of me making this personal is incorrect.

Recruiting Assistant: Please review all of the information we have provided you, only you can decide if this opportunity is right for you. We are not accreditated with the BBB and that is a choice that each company makes. It should not be a reflection on our company as even the BBB states that it is not endorsing or evaluating a company. It is merely providing the consumer with information.

Recruiting Assistant: I understand that this is a personal decision and you need to do what is best for you. We indeed welcome you with us if you decide to proceed. If your decision is not to proceed at this time, we wish for you success in the future.

Geneva: Being that your discussion with me has at times been accusatory and at other times flustered due to simple questioning about the company and its history of complaints, I choose to not be an employee of yours.

Geneva: Thank your for the heads up look into my future with your company. It is much appreciated.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I did get suckered and hope this will help. I did buy their program; I completed three groups of 31 dictation files each; took the test and (surprise!) did not pass. (Just to mention, I completed the medical transcription course fron U.S. Career Institute and received a 93% - A). Then I completed two more groups of 31 dictation files, took the test and guess what - because I did not upload it in "rtf" format (I sent it in "word" by mistake), even if Ipassed - even if there were no errors in my transcription, I won't pass the test . I have to complete another two groups of 31 dictation files before I can take the test again (each group can only be downloaded after ten days from downloading the prior one - therefore, I couldn't take the test for another 20 days). The person that they have dictate the test is apparently a southern man, who talks so fast that you can hear the drool falling out his mouth! I never knew that anyone could talk that fast and without taking any breath, just stumbling over the words. They set you up to fail. I am unemployed and I worked very hard to try to get in which this company and get some work. Right now, I just don't believe there is any company.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
HA! I just told the recruiter, Kimberly Carton, that I just couldn't rationalize paying to earn pay. I gave her this website and cited my reasons.

She still invited me to their web-conferencing and said I had some really good questions. HA!

Audacious! They must be really confident in their ability to verbally persuade you into paying anyway.

Good luck to those who were conned. Thank you to all those who were able to read the signs, and the posts before they bought and posted here to let the rest of us suckers know not to be suckered.

Yes, we all want to believe its possible.

I did stumble upon a good one that is a legitamite site for at home jobs, but unless you have the specific skills, there is almost no way to get a job

Good Luck!
 15th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I too passed their "sample" test online, next thing I know I am getting a contract and all of the associated information, first of all if they think for a second I would pay nearly $500 just for the digital response let alone medical terminology and software monies, well their crazy. I need to add to my income not take away from it.I am an LPN and prior that worked in many Physician's offices, my command of medical terminology is pretty darn good and I have transcription experience.
These people should be reported and stopped (like so many).
BTW Transcription America and Transam are the same .
Good luck everyone, these jobs are very hard to find.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree