logo

Phony Psychics

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Transam Associates, Valrico, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and cheating company!

Transam Associates Contacts & Informations

Transam Associates

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating company!

Transam Associates
3433 Lithis Pinecrest Rd. Ste 303
Valrico, Florida
Phone: 813-657-4130
www.transamassociates.com
I actually found this job on yahoohotjobs.com which would make one think it is legitimate. Wrong-they emailed me repeatedly asking me to do a sample dictation for them which I did. Then they said all you have to do is read the agreement and then we will start your training today. In the agreement it says you have to purchase the software, which I know many transcriptions who have done that. So I started chatting with their so-called live help center. I asked for references from Doctors whom they transcribe for and testimonials from employees. The chat person said 'I'm sorry we cannot release info on our Doctors and if we had our employees say anything we would have to pay them and that would be tainted information but we can tell you how long we've been in business.' I'm sorry but just the way the whole thing goes down is shady. They told me that they do not under any circumstance refund the money and the training can be anywhere from one to several months, it all depends on you. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. I told live chat that they should be ashamed of themselves for ripping people off and they should get real jobs. Her response was 'good luck to you, thanks for chatting with me today, bye for now' yeah I don't think I will be back.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2007 by   Erika T. 0 Votes
I received an email from TransAm Associates through collegerecruiter.com. They sent me an email saying that they were impressed with my resume and had this great job opportunity doing medical transcribing. I could pick my hours and it was great pay. All I had to do was a sample transcription. I did the very easy sample and they were very impressed with it. This after they were impresed with my resume. They then wanted to talk to me. It was about me having to purchase additional software ( that I doubt even worked) and medical terminology books. That I don't even need. The whole thing sounded way off and very shady. Needless to say, I did not do it. I have checked with the Better Business Bureau...and there were numerous complains about them. I just finished talking to a live agent on collegerecruiter.com. They said that they've heard of TransAm Associates, but haven't heard of anything negative. Somehow they've managed to get through the fraud detectors there. Which makes me a bit worried about them now too. This is a scam and it's extremely obvious. If you see an email from them, run. I don't want to see anyone else taken by them.
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   Linda Brown 0 Votes
I unfortunetyly took the bait, now what do I do? I need to find an at home job doing transcription. My question is where? If anyone has a real lead please let me know.
 31st of Dec, 2007 by   Gertrude Shiver 0 Votes
I also received an e-mail from this company. They got my job application through CollegeRecruiter.com and Beyond.com. Also, I took the test and pass it. In addition, they sent me the contract throght the e-mail and I read it. I got suspicious whenI saw the inofrmation about purchasing the software and the foot pedal and that they were non-refundable items.

The job information sounded too good to be true. After reading the contract, I contacted the live person via chart. After communication with this person, I asked about the company being legitimate because I had never heard about this company before. I was almost taken when I was told about them being members of the Chamber of Commerce and I was sent a logo. Then they wanted to know if I had enough money to pay for the software and the equipment. Something still didn't seemed right.

Then the recruiter said that today was the last day for the special and for me getting the training free and for purchasing the software at the said amount before the price went up. Nothing was ever said about this to me when I received the e-mail and took the test and corresponded with them before today. There wasn't a time limit on the tuition being free. Then I decided to wait and get back with them later, which I am glad that I did. I told the person that I would get back with them later I checked on the Website of the Chamber of Commerce, and there was their information. The recruiter said that this company was also on the board of directors of the Chamber of Commerce of The Greater Seffner Area. I further became suspicious when I had been given a different number in which to contact the Chamber of Commerce.

This had sounded like a great deal, but I am glad that I decided to find out more about this company. After checking with the Better Bureau Website, I found out some negative information about them. Then I found this website which has enlightened me more about this company. I have not ordered the software nor the foot pedal yet and I am glad that I never gave them my credit card number. I don't think that I am going with this company now since I have found out some negative information about them. I don't need to be scam or incur any more debt on my credit card. Is there anyway I can find out any more information about them? I really wanted to do some home transcription because I have already taken some transcription courses. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gertie
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   Terrie McCarthy 0 Votes
If it sounds too good to be true...it is! I have also been contacted by this "company" (using the term lightly) and others like it over the years. I have wanted to work part-time at home to add to my full-time income. Any legitimate business will not ask you to spend money to work for them, if they do, take it for granted selling their software, footpeddles, training, etc., is how they make their money. Now whenever I get email from any kind of scam like this one, I just reply to their email and up front I tell them I don't want to waist time and if they expect me to purchase anything to work for them, don't even bother contactime me again (then I block their address). I need to work two jobs to make money, not give it away.
 11th of Jan, 2008 by   liz 0 Votes
I am so glad I checked with this site before losing any money!! The did the same thing to me, but I found this job on ajcjobs.com. When I asked why can't they provide a free trail version of their software to train, they said they used to do that, but realized people were not following through. They actually tokd me that when people have to pay for something, they work harder to get it (like they would know anything about that) I was also told that they had been in business for ten years and on the BBB site it shows 2005. They can't even keep their lies straight. What happened to legitimate companies/people?
 16th of Jan, 2008 by   Pam Hammitt 0 Votes
Thank you so much for this site and all the comments. I found this job on qcjobs.com. I thought it was the answer to my prayers. I have taken the MT courses and am looking for a job that doesn't require 2 -3 years experience. I really need the job, and I am glad I decided to check out Transam before I went any further. If anyone knows of any legitimate jobs... please email me.
 28th of Jan, 2008 by   Rachael M 0 Votes
I almost fell for the trick too. Thank god I looked up the scam before I sent them money! If anyone knows of anything legitimate please let me know.
Rachael
 30th of Jan, 2008 by   RT 0 Votes
I got an email from them as soon as I updated my hotjob.com resume. I did their sample and sent it because I was curious what the catch was and they responded today with the software "catch". And then they asked how I heard about them... they don't even have a clue what their auto emails say and I got 3 emails from 3 different email addresses.

I responded to them and said no thanks, I don't pay to get a job.
 12th of Feb, 2008 by   fishinggal2000 0 Votes
Transam Associates very definitely is a scam. I have an up-to-date Infinity Footpedal and they wanted me to purchase an old 9-pin style footpedal because they were "not going to upgrade their software". If it smells like a rat it most definitely is. I've been doing medical transcription for over 15 years and my husband is an IT manager so between and we both just laughed at the audacity of Transam to think that they wouldn't be found out. Sorry if anyone got scammed. I always go to www.snopes.com to check out scams - also to sohojobs.org since I belong to their website. Best Regards,

Connie
 26th of Feb, 2008 by   athena terry 0 Votes
I also received an email from the same company. When I tried to send in my test, their email came back as undeliverable. I also tried different spellings thinking maybe I was spelling it wrong, then my daughter told me to try google. Then I saw the complaints.
 2nd of Mar, 2008 by   Melissa 0 Votes
Transam Associates also sent me an email and I was excited because I would like to get into this field so that I can work from home. When I saw their location in Valrico, FL that made me even more curious because I live right around the corner from the address they have (which I checked on Map Quest). Well, my husband and I looked for it today and guess what we found! A UPS store. So that made me start to think it's a scam. I know some people use UPS stores to receive mail, but come on! I happened to have an email from them this evening when I got home and it was a link for the application and info. Well, I decided to question the operator regarding the non-refund of software as well as the location. Of course I got all these scripted answers for a while and then the operator started asking me what did the email say, etc... Then I was told that they can't help me and I must call corporate during normal business hours with my questions. This has SCAM all over it. If anyone knows of any legitimate positions and how I can get the proper training, please email me.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   Brittany 0 Votes
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I wanted so badly to believe this was a legit offer that I may have been fooled if I hadn't found this page.

Connie mentioned soho jobs. Has anyone heere obtained employment through sohojobs.com? I was a little leary of it because it cost money to "subscribe".
 11th of Mar, 2008 by   Nads 0 Votes
Thank God I found this website. I am just about to pay the downpayment (50%) today !!! I agree we shouldn't have to pay to get a job. Incidentally, how come we had no problem transcribing their test dictation without any software in the first place? And we all passed perfectly? If anyone knows of any legitimate positions and how I can get the proper training, please email me asap. I am keeping my money safe right here where it belongs.
 15th of Mar, 2008 by   Angela M Walker 0 Votes
I tried looking them up on Snopes.com but there isn't a post about them. I wish they did so my mind could be put to rest. As it is now, I have seen nothing good about Transam Associates, Inc. I'm thankful people are sharing their experiences and information so we don't get scammed. I found the job offer on Jobs.com (beyond.com)
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Alexander Bernal 0 Votes
I got suspicious when their e-mail had an exclamation point. Con-artists always use the exclamation point. Thanks for the comments. I was about to be suckered myself. I will continue searching.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   Julie 0 Votes
I so wanted this to be legit. I am glad I found this website. I didn't send any money either.

Anyone know of legit training?
 23rd of Mar, 2008 by   judith a orlando 0 Votes
Today by judi orlando(send email)
I thought today was my lucky day, until I read all of the coments posted against them. I'am very sick and need some kind of work at home. I'am working right now 32 hours a week & that is to much for me. I have a lot of trouble walking. That's is why I wanted to work from home to make it easier on myself. If anyone hears of anything legit please email me.

Have a Blessed Easter.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Please Help 0 Votes
I'm glad i went and reasearch about this company. I WILL NOT PURCHASE AND JOIN THIS SCAM. Please help and email me if you know of any work from home transcribe or admin work that we could do for our 2nd job. My husband is currently laid off from his work becuase of the housing slow down and we have two kids to support. Please email me and let me know if there is a legit work from home transcribe. We are in the process of loosing our house. Thnak you and god bless.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Bonnie +1 Votes
A friend of mine who teaches medical transcription referred me to this website - www.ahdionline.org that list programs that you can gain the proper certification. She wanted to make sure that I didn't get "taken". My understanding is that The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) sets the standards for medical transcription.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   Yvette Marrero 0 Votes
Well like all of you i thought my prayers have been answered with transam associates i have been looking for a job to work from home but after reading about them i guess my search for a legitimate company still continues. Thanks for the info i am glad i checked them out before i sent them any money.

Mortgage Scam Scheme