logo

Global Telelink
Fraud company and cheaters
4. (7 mins ago)
12 Voip Internet Phone
Very poor connections & customer service
5. (23 mins ago)
Jollychic.com
Strange charges and complete slight

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Tradetang Complaints & Reviews - Bad copy of fake guitar.

Tradetang Contacts & Informations

Tradetang

Posted:    g-force

Bad copy of fake guitar.

Tradetang
China
tradetang.com
Hi: June- July 2009
Here is a heinous tale of guitar woe.
I thought I'd try a Parkwood PWH4.
Thought I'd found one one the Tradetang website.
Pictured is the PWH4...$340USD + Freeshipping...from the seller "guitar_house".

I contacted/chatted withthe seller guitar_house and I said " sounds too good to be true.
He said: 'Maybe I should charge $500.'
Tradetang said " Escrow Process " and "Customer Satisfaction".

The seller sent me a bad copy of a fake Gibson that sort of looked like the PWH4 from a distance.
IT is not tune-able because the fake stop bridge/tail-piece is pulling out, among other things.
So not only was it the wrong guitar - it was not playable.
I would have been 'content' and "lesson learned" if it had only been playable... or could be made so.

Then - after numerous e-mails and photos and even a couple of phone calls to frikken' Shanghai !!
Tradetang's escrow process turns out to be mostly BS.
I did get $100 back after way too much effort and a solid case for FRAUD.
They kept $240. Not exactly 'Escrow'.
Paypal also crapped out on me. I asked them to remove Tradetang from their site, not because 'guitar_house' sent a bad fake- but because Tradetang's escrow process was BS.
Paypal sent me corporate boiler plate about getting a guitar instead of a brick. Fat chance!

So, Robert; do guitar lovers a favour and get this Tradetang off your site, It will set guitar back to the stringed gourd stage.

Tradetang Tradetang Tradetang

Comments China Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2009 by   MosriteCharlie 0 Votes
I had a similar experiance only I ordered from wanglaoj117 where he advertised a Mosrite and Rickenbacker 370-12 hen sent 2 counterfeit RIC's instead without warning.
Write the Federal Trade Commission, The International Trade Commission, and the Attorney General and let them know.
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   MosriteCharlie 0 Votes
I suffered a similar fate. I ordered 2 guitars from wanglaoj117 on TradeTang that listed a vintage Mosrite and Rickenbacker 370-12 string guitars - ordered one of each. What he sent were 2 counterfeit "RIC's" that I nearly got a copyright infringement lawsuit for by John Hall of Rickenbacker for listing them on e-bay (It was the fastest way to determine authenticity and what the discrepancies were). The auctions wee cancelled early and a claim filed against the seller. Needless to say, TradeTangs consumer protection is like the fox guarding the hen house.
Try filing a claim with the Federal Trade Commission, The International Trade Commission, U.S. customs, the Attorney General's office and maybe even the U.N.
I'm mad as hell over the scam and will cooperate with anyone seeking a class action solution.
I have pictures I can e-mail at cdcarter@rocheser.rr.com
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   MosriteCharlie 0 Votes
P.S. I also notified VISA, Mastercard, Amex, Western Union, PayPal in an effort to get them to suspend their payment options since it contributes to their fraud.
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   happy_mel 0 Votes
This being the first and last transaction on tradetang it is the worst scam I have ever delt with. The seller tried to make me pay more money after the transaction was already completed, lied about shipping and delivery by giving a fake EMS tracking number that in a few days show delivered in tangs system but not on the EMS website. Tradetang then took it apon themselves to empty my account of all tranaction history. The seller and Service team work together in the deception to the consumer never once was the inital problem addressed but the lies multiplied. Dont waste your time on this trash can web site.
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   JoeCam 0 Votes
It's kinda reassuring to find one is not the only dummy here. Without going into detail my experiences are similar. Basically the Chinese sellers are lying two faced swindling toerags with absolutely no sense of honour or integrity. They lie about the items, the shipping, availability. They will tell you anything to make a sale.
Then lie when things go wrong. Boy can they lie.
Their lying is extreme and insulting and bare faced. So boys and girls the moral is 'Don't fucking touch the bastards'
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   djtexas 0 Votes
Ok, Now Ive read several of the complaints against the company Trade Tang I keep seeing over and over that the buyers are complaining about getting fake products! One it seems tried to re-sell the items as real ones and got burnt. No one in the right mind could think that the items that company sells are the real deals. If anyone bothered to read about the company on their site in Big Blue letters is that they make their stuff there in China. Well, how could you expect to get a guitar made in the USA that is stated they are all made in China? Who is so stupid they dont know they are buying fakes? The point of getting the China guitars is to get the wood, the neck, the frets, etc and then gut them and put into them good electronics. As long as the wood is good and the neck, frets, etc. Its dirt cheap to replace ALL of those electronics. So, if anyone of the above complainers wants to sell their guitars send me detailed pics and I might buy a few to take them off your hands. And then I will rebuild them all into decent playing guitars.
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   ESP-LTD 0 Votes
Just so everyone knows (You may or may not), China does not honor copyrights or trademarks of any kind. If you've ever been you'll notice you can buy DVDs and CDs for $1, brand new in the packaging. This is also why their industry is booming in the current marketplace - they can rip brands off and counterfeit anything they want. It's cheap, but it's not the real thing. Never order anything from China if the Brand Name is important (ie-guitars, watches, purses, etc.). It sucks you guys were burned, but maybe this info will keep others from getting burned also. I'm a guitar player (15 yrs. strong), and I happened across the TradeTang website tonight, and knew from my travels to China that this was fraud, which led me to Google search for TradeTang Fraud and complaints and voila, here I am. Lessons learned - pick your chin up and keep rockin'!
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   Pezzy E 0 Votes
It is now 2011 so mayber things have changed, , I have purchased a fake Lp from tradetang full well knowing that it is fake, that parts might not be great, but the price of $330.00 AUS was accepteble, I imediately replaced the machine heads, and re-strung and set it up, it has a great finish a nice case and was delivered without a problem it is now quite a nice guitar. China are making guitars for BC Rich Epi and Fender and I have these guitars so it is research time for all, , , things change, , good luck all Pezzy E
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   Bill017 0 Votes
I have purchased to guitars from Tangtrade and they have been admired by friends as super bargains - also other item all top of the line - this was int he year 2011 - things must have changed.
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   garageband 0 Votes
I played a buddy's Tradetang Les Paul Custom last week that he bought about three months ago. The upper bout wasn't even shaped right. It played like a cheap Chinese guitar, not a nice Chinese guitar. The finish was only fair quality and the fret ends were more than a little sharp. The Tradetang instruments are a stupid buy because the Epiphone Les Pauls are far superior instruments for just about the same money.

I suppose if you've never owned a higher-end guitar you might think these are dandy, but they're just low-quality facades resembling properly-made guitars. Cheap parts, cheap paint, cheap wood (that was maple?! ) and no case. "Fool your friends! Impress important people!", if you're into that kind of thing. Not very rock-and-roll.
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   axeman 7 0 Votes
I have bought 3 les paul copies and all i have to say is that you have to choose your supplier carefully.Not only did my axes show up ahead of time, they turned out to be beautiful replicas.I am currently in the process of re-doing the electronics (admittedly they are inferior) but at the price I paid, even if i replaced everything on the guitar I would still be ahead by several thousand dollars.The supplier I used was named Dave and I will stand behind his products.I own 3 real Les Pauls as well as 3 replicas and I would dare anybody to try and spot the fakes.So take it from someone who has had a good experience, once again and I stress read the comments on your suppliers products first to make sure his customers are happy and choose carefully.
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   Kevin24 0 Votes
Don't get scammed from Dave at TradeTang. Dave at TradeTang who goes by cnguitar, daver is a total scam artist. We ordered a Les Paul, after many emails back & forth to Dave he never delivered the guitar. Finally after 2 months TradeTang agreed he is a scam artist, changing his name again to davey and refunded us, but not until PayPal threatened to yank TradeTangs account. Dave at TradeTang is a scam artist.
 15th of Jul, 2012 by   pete00000 0 Votes
bought a guitar from cnguitars (daver/dave)- ok its not the best but hey it is easily as good as the epiphone les crap I bought to compare it to, yes I have lots of money and too much time on my hands but once both were broken down the quality difference and wood used between the two were negligablethe same and at 250 quid cheaper than the epi he offers a good deal. If you got stung by other tradetang sellers a) you didnt do nearly enough homework researching sellers and b) what the hell do you expect buying cheapy copies any way?? more fucking fool you!!
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   Shredder 0 Votes
I just had my first (and last ) Trade Tang experience. I bought a guitar and case so that it wouldn't get damaged in transit. They packed it so badly the guitar arrived split at the neck joint. The seller told me to "fix it or sell it" in other words tough luck sucker. I filed a dispute with Trade tang and managed to get a $200 settlement.
Now here's the bad news - I have tried for two weeks to get my money out of my account. Every time I try to get them to send it to me via Western Union I get a form notice from TT that my TRANSACTION IS INVALID. From what I've read on other complaint boards this id their usual tactic. They will keep this up until I go away. TRADE TANG IS A SCAM ORGINIZATION!!! They sucker you in by claiming to offer the same buyer protection that you get at Ebay but it's A SCAM. They will keep your money. Yes, people have had successful transactions through Trade Tang BUT if something goes wrong be prepared to lose your money.
 21st of Jun, 2013 by   PoorOtis 0 Votes
What do you all expect?? Hell your buying a copy of a guitar thats made in china for 1/8th of the price of the real thing..
And your dealing with a company, through another company that you know nothing about..and they could give a shit
less about you..they got your money..now..you deal with it!!!

The Most Important Thing You Can Do Today