logo

shoes

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TracFone, Miami, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Even their BBB failing to come to a

TracFone Contacts & Informations

TracFone

Posted:    granica

Even their BBB failing to come to a

Tracfone Wireless / Straight Talk
Miami, Florida
Phone: 1800 8765753
I had to replace a failing motorola so I bought a new LG410G ... wanted to transfer my minutes and phone number... Obviously. But they couldn't use the Sim card in my old phone or the SIM in the one... so they had to send a new SIM card... every 3-4 days since Sept 16 2009 I spend about 4 hours on the phone with someone reading a script and not enough english speaking capabilities beyond what is written on that script to understand that I was asking when I would get the SIM card I was told would arrive 2 -5 days from the 16th of Sept.
They sent it Sept 27th I got it Sept 28th only to be told I need A Different sim card, they can't register the one they sent... I said No register THIS ONE! NOW! Only to be told that the new phone is already working... even though it had an unregistered sim card in it and I could not make phone calls from it!!
I spend several more hours on the phone begging for a supervisor to sort it out and being told there isn't one and being hung up on or put on hold!
Recalling and Being transferred from one person to the next, finally one guy gets the Sim registered another gets my old phone number transferred another tries to do the same and transfers the number Again then a third tries to transfer some of my 1500 (when I should have had somewhere between 1535 - 1537) when I pointed out that minutes where missing and that there were several days missing from my service ... he said " no that;s right that is all you get unless you have an airtime card..." I said no there are 35 minute and 6 days missing from my phone I wanted them back I'd spent the whole day on the phone I was late picking up the kids because of their dallying do it now.
He repeated No, that is all you get unless you want to add a card now. I said no and filed with the BBB, FTC and the Florida Attorney General. Because I'd been weeks and I officially had enough of Tracfone and want every penny I put into this phone back, it was bad enough that my double minutes for life never actually got me any double minutes!

October 13th I finally got an email from the BBB complaint liaison who emails me at 6:45PM EST (after business hours) asking me to call her before she goes home for the day at 5PMEST to resolve the issue... I am officially positive all she can do is give me money back now.. so a week later when I finally get a hold of her, I tell her I want a refund... so... she puts airtime and a year service on the phone! I told her I did not want it she says "think about it think about it".. But I had gotten a TMobile Cell weeks earlier so why would I think about a company that tortures me and countless other customers for fun??
A week later I get a hold of her again and tell her I still haven't used the blasted phone give me my money back for the phone and the minutes as layed out in the BBB complaint and emails, she says fine no problem after all the mess that you had to go through it's no problem... then she sends an envelope to return the phone and tells me to include the receipt for the phone .. I threw it all in.
I email her and tell her that I may not have every single receipt for the minutes but the minutes are displayed in the phone... (open it you will see them) then suddenly she doesn't know what the refund is for and then she insists that her boss will let her refund only for the phone.. so I call and ask for her boss (who No one at Tracfone seems to know what her boss's name actually is because everyone pronounces and spells it 9 different ways) who tells me that she knows nothing of this whole mess, asks me that I paid for the phone and each airtime card.. I tell this Boss person her and now these people are under the misapprehension that I discussed to a refund of $41.06!
which is BUNK! which they keep insisting is very generous refund because this includes sales tax.. and is not quite 10% of what I actually paid or already agreed to in October! I am no longer supposed to talk to the liaison.. just her boss whodoes not answer the phone or respond to emails ...shocker!!
They have a phone and airtime with$551.20 of my hard earned dollars! They thought that I would have just folded in favor of the $41.06 and an end to the torment but I dang it I have principles too!!
I've called the FTC and the attorney Generals and consumer protection agencies up and down the eastern coast!! Next stop... the Press and the courthouse! And if Tracfone or Straighttalk which IS tracfone have messed with you I suggest you do the same!!
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Aug, 2010 by   fed_up_already 0 Votes
Tracfone has been giving me the run around since June all for a low amount of $2.99 for a ringtone I didn't receive. It's not the amount of money I care about, but the continuous lies they've told us and the lack of good customer service. My husband and I feel that now they've treated us so badly we will continue in our pursuit against them and have complained to the BBB regarding their business practice. I hope others will stand up against the Tracfone company and put an end to their dishonesty.
 28th of Aug, 2010 by   pjmarkert 0 Votes
I have switched 4 different phone numbers from old tracfones to new phones by calling the customer service number with no difficulty at all. Whenever they have screwed up and not added minutes that I purchased, they have always fixed it for me, although i have spent as much as a half hour on the phone with them to do it. Got screwed by Sprint 6 years ago and switched to tracfone and have been happy with the service. I currently have 3 phones for family and with their monthly family plan, I spend $23 a month for the service for all 3 phones.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   EricR 0 Votes
Tracfone is garbage. I just bought my first tracfone a couple of weeks ago. I will never do business with them again, for many of the reasons you have discussed. Once I use up my remaining minutes this fone (Samsung T301G) is going in the trashcan where it belongs.

How to Invest Without Much Money