logo

Psychic Amanda
Fraud/Scam
2. (54 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
3. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
BAD SERVICE -HARRASSED CUSTOMER

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TracFone Complaints & Reviews - Tracfone customer service SUCKS!

TracFone Contacts & Informations

TracFone

Posted:    kenmontanye

Tracfone customer service SUCKS!

I picked up a Tracfone (Motoraola Model C - 139) while visiting in South Carolina, set it up and put 60 units on it.

First of all, it was extremely hard to use the phone,you would dial the number, and the phone did nothing, I was only able to use it less than three times.

Then, I added more time, another 60 units, and that was it, the phone stopped working, I kept getting message that the phone had blocked outgoing calls.

I called Tracfone customer service (India ???) and tried to resolve the problem, to no avail. I eventually called four times, with no success, now, I had a phone with 123 units on it, and couldn't use it.

I looked up the number for the corporate offices in Florida, called and asked to speak to someone in management, I got a Al Beattie, who listened to my complaint, and, tole me that I would recieve another
phone on Monday, it eventually arrived on Thurs. I must also mention, I had sent at least 8 to 10 email with little response.

Al told me to call him ack when the phone arrived and he would take care of switching it over, bot the units and number. I didn't hear from Al, and left two message on his voice mail. Then, I called customer service for the fifth time, and, was assured that the phone would be working in fifteen minutes, and to try it then, I waited a half hour, no phone service. I called back again, went through the same jive, and no service again, I emailed again,, no response, I called customer service again, talked to the agent for an hour and a half, she generated a service ticket and tole me by June 5th, the phone will be working. Guess what June 5th came and went and still no service. I called corporate again and told the phone operator that I wanted to talk to someone in management, I got a females, who, said that she would get the phone working, after another two hours, no deal, she started to give me whole serives of numbers to enter into the phone, I told her, that I had enough, I either wanted a new phone, an upgrade or, I wanted the price of the phone refunded and I wanted the unused units refunded as well. I was assured that I would have the phone, but, still no phone, no service, just a bunch oflip service.

Tracfone customer service both abroad and domestic SUCKS. I was liking for the email address of the CEO FJ Pollak, but, couldn't fin it.

HELP, I have had enough of Tracfone,eight calls to customer service, four calls to corporate, three messages left and still no phone, no service, nothing. Is this anyway to do business ??? I think not...
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2007 by   debsnikel 0 Votes
Tracfone DEFINELTY SUCKS!!!
Bought a DOUBLE MINUTE PLAN for 1 year. It is Dec.1, 2007 ..the plan was purchased on Dec. 12 2006 but they say it is expired and will not honor it. So today I got riipped off..AGAIN by them.
Have had to call them every time we purchased minutes this year in order to get the DOUBLE MINUTES on my phone at all since Dec.2006!!
SO STAY AWAY from Tracfone!!! I am going to try Cingular!!
 17th of Dec, 2007 by   Steamin Steve +1 Votes
Same crap here, in fact I'm on hold with Tracfone right now. My original phone broke. They required me to send it back for a replacement and said that if I did not return the broken phone my service would be disconnected. So I sent it back. They sent me a total P.O.S. that sold for a fifth of my old phone. When I called to complaine I was told my phone didn't work in my area anymore. To make up for it the guy gave a promotional deal in which I got 30 extra minutes every time I added airtime as long as I kept my service current. Some time after that I purchased a double minute card. Then my crap phone went through the washer. They sent me an identical crap phone and I got all my minutes and service. Unfortunately when I added minutes to it for the first time, last night, no double minutes or bonus minutes.

I've been on the phone with these butchers of my beloved English language for a couple hours now. Spoke with one guy who doesn't speak enough English to order a Big Mac. Then I got his supervisor who's angle was another THICK accent combined with a .005db speaking voice. He told me someone would call me back, I think. Couldn't really hear or decipher a broken word he said.

Now I'm on hold with a very nice woman whom I can understand clearly and she's telling me she should be able to get me what I've paid for but after reading all the complaints I'm holding little hope.
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   Steamin Steve 0 Votes
Wow, I'm stunned. AND I stand corrected. I called Tracfone back today and my issue has been resolved. I'm now getting the double minute plan I paid for AND they even gave me double minutes for the card I activated the other night when I realized I wasn't getting the double minutes I had paid for.

Wanna know how I did it? I simply called 800-876-5753 which is supposed to be their corporate office. I was so fortunate to be connected with Jennifer who speaks English as well as I do! She did keep me on hold for a hella long time before telling me she would have to get back to me which she didn't. She did however give me her phone ext which is 3149. When I called her back today she appoligized for not getting back to me but she had it all worked out. In addition, as I mentioned, she was able to add the double minutes I hadn't gotten on my last airtime card while I was still on the phone with her.

I went out of my way to speak to her supervisor so as to make her aware of the outstanding service I received from Jennifer.

Honestly I couldn't be happier with the way she handled the situation. PLUS she sounds hella hot. << At any rate, I strongly recommend anyone having issues with Tracfone contact Jennifer as she is clearly interested in doing her job well. <<! Report Spam
 31st of Jan, 2008 by   Keri Silarty 0 Votes
Thanks Steamin Steve, I called that number, 800-876-5753 and it's true they were great. Got a great rep named Shindy, she really knew her stuff!

Thanks again for the tip Steamin Steve!!!
 21st of Feb, 2008 by   outkast 0 Votes
Yes ive been going tru the same stuff bought a new from from there site had my number transfer from my old phone and it dont work my old phone still rings instead of my new one i went thru 3 sim cards and two new phones still nothing they said it was because my old number wasnt able to be transfer to the new phone so i told them to give me a new number they told me had to send me a new sim card for that so when the new sim card got here they put the old number back on it (idiots) then try to tell me i need to buy a minutes card to get it to work so i tried that wouldnt take it so there sending me another new card i dought it will work so ill try the 1 800 876 5753 number if it dont hope that will work.
 5th of Mar, 2008 by   ruberto 0 Votes
I really like the representative who assist me in transferring my number and my minutes in less than 15 minutes, the transaction was successful. I recommend when you call tracfone, please look for davis. And dont forget to thank him for the assistance he rendered. I talked to davis' supervisor and congratulated him for a great customer service. Its my way of thanking davis. Every representatives deserve an appreciation. Davis' supervisor promised me that they will clone davis and will give a break after a job well done. Just a tip for everyone, if the representative successfully resolved your problem... GIVE THEM A KUDOS call. It works sometimes!
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   Martin Myers 0 Votes
Yes, they SUCK! After paying a hundred bucks to extend my airtime, they tell me they've 'upgraded' their system and my phone will no longer work and I have to buy a new one. I will, but it damn sure won't be another Tracfone.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   Peter 0 Votes
Here are the people I called, please print them to help other readers:

F.J. Pollak-President

Vice-President's name is Stephan Ritter

Tacfone's Corporate Offices:
1020 NW 163rd Dr.
Miami, FL 33169

Head of the refund department:
Monica
800-339-9345 ext 3214
or ext 6673
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   HATEIT!! 0 Votes
Tracfone sucks !!!
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Tanya Is Hot 0 Votes
I bought minutes & when the phone activated it stated I needed to call customer service to complete the activation.
I could not understand the person, she did not know what she was doing, she ended up switching me to someone else without telling me. This person also could not speak english & finally I gave up since I had used over 30 minutes this entire time. He told me he could not reimburse me for the minutes & switched me to a "supervisor". After being on hold for over 7 minutes I hung up in frustration.
I wasted 45 minutes dealing with the "idiots" in their supposed customer service department.
They need to get people who can speak english & know what they are doing!
Anyone want to buy my phone? Cheap!
TracFone SUCKS!!
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Crazy Gurl 0 Votes
I know you have spoken English for like many years, oh yeah actually since birth!!and I know you will speak that langauge for like a lifetime. It is not right for you to discriminate reps who are trying their best to provide great customer srvice for all of you american people who knows nothing about PHONES!!For all you know, reps can actually DEACTIVATE your phone in one click!!!But, take note that our job is at stake so can't you just appreciate the patience that we have for all of you who doesn't even know how to use your phones, how to send a message, how to make a call and how to turn on you phone and make it work. All of you AMERICAN people are discriminating these reps but we never did discriminate you for being such an IGNORANT when it comes to using your phone.!!

You are asking stupid question because you don't even know how to USE IT!!so that's why it's a STUPID question for us..

You are constantly discriminating us for our accent but we dont care about that.. We know that we have he right grammar..yeah, you americans can speak well considering that its your native language BUT!!!you don't even know simple subject verb agreement!!and GRAMMAR in general..

Considering the time of our work, the pay that we get and how stressful it is to work in a place that is full of health hazards!!(IN CASE YOU DO NOT KNOW)!!
So, why dont you put yourselves in our shoe and realize that it's not right to say something like that..WE ARE NOT ROBOTS, WE ARE HUMAN BEING!!

And Why are you people so demanding?!WHen in fact TRACFONE is giving you low rates..Are you that POOR?..

You are discriminating the only company that you can AFFORD!!so cut it OFF!!! we know, you are in economic regression so dont be rude..

You should be thankful because reps are not rude to you becasue for all you know OUR PAY/BONUSES depends on how we assist you!!!

For all Cust service rep..let's just do our job!!
For all you IGNORANT TRACFONE CUSTOMERS!!WHy don't you get a class about PHONES!!It's bette that you know SOMETHING about it..

Here are some scenarios that Ive encountered in my work as a cust rep of tracfone..

**A cust cant turn on his phone..And he was so IRATE..
WHy can't he turn it on?.BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE ANY IDEA THAT IT NEEDS TO BE CHARGEd!!How ignorant...

**A cust don't have any idea how to disable the alarm..VERY STUPID!!

** A cust is lying about the minutes..ARE YOU THAT POOR?

**A cust is asking a refund for just 1 MIN..WOW?! very poor!!!

I know there are a lot of crazy scenarios when dealing with a customer..that's how IGNORANT you are american people..

WE KNOW BETTER ENGLISH THAN YOU DO!!!because in the first place, its not our native language but we are still good in speaking the language..

CUT IT OFF KARLA!!
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   William Saro 0 Votes
Supervisor heizel in bogota is the most incompetent and rude person. She dont know how to treat a customer, let alone speak english.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   robert petersen 0 Votes
After being a TracFone customer for nearly 10 years I too had to replace my old phone. Well, Mr Saro, I know how to operate my phone and my English and Spanish are both very good. I think the problem is I do not speak TagLog and I'm pretty sure the Phillipines are where the service center is . At any rate I bought my new phone on November 17. It is now December 2, I have spent 8.7 hours on the phone with support and I still cannot make or receive calls. On top of that my original number that is printed on my business cards and stationary has been re-assigned to someone else. Right now I am waiting for "John" to call me back. TracFone has offered me 200 minutes for the "inconvenience". I frequently have to buy a new card as it is because the time has run out and I still have minutes remaining. It would really not help that much to get extra minutes when I don't use the ones I have on time. I have 524 minutes now, what the hell do I need 200 more for? I am no teenager, I just don't spend a bunch of time on the phone. As for trac Fone being the cheapest? HAH! Give Me a break. My Virgin Mobile works good at half the price-only no coverage in Montana where I spend my winters. The Florida number does increase the odds you might get somebody you can understand and they SEEM more helpful but we'll see...Meantime If you have any other choice in your area avoid TracFone like the PLAGUE! TRACFONE SUCKS DOUBLE!!!
 7th of Jun, 2013 by   Bebe LeSmooch 0 Votes
Gosh... I never had a lick of trouble with my Tracfone (s) until I let the time (days) run out... then let the phone sit for 6 months before trying it again. (I was in a 'I hate everybody and I'll be damned if'n I'ma gonna anybody' phase) but then of course, the phone said "unregistered SIM" and I was screwed. They refused to REregister the sim, and refused to refund the dam $20 the (great working) phone cost. oh well. shit happens. I bought a new cheapass Tracfone at wally world, and it sure works well.
 15th of Jun, 2013 by   Shreiah 0 Votes
We had experienced the same thing. It was very frustrating! I found this email address in a forum, and I tried sending an email to them. I got really pissed with calling their customer service. To my surprise, I got a response right away. These people fixed my problem immediately. Try it yourself. The email address is TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com. Give them your name, phone number or serial number of your phone, an alternate contact number and explain to them what the problem is.
 16th of Sep, 2013 by   Barbara Stahl 0 Votes
I purchased a new tracfone because my old one didn't work any more. It was delivered on a Saturday and right away I tried to activate the new phone. First Rep. I talked to gave me all the codes to activate the phone. Didn't work! I called again, Went through the same process, rep said everything was resolved. Still, no service! Called 2 more times...had a good attitude but now my patience is running thin! I called this morning and asked to talk to the manager once again and Now I was told my NEW Phone that they gave me doesn't exist!!! I now need a new Sim Card!!! Now I need a New Phone because this New one I just received 2 Days ago can't connect to a tower!!! Now I am HOT!!! They said I will be getting a new phone in a few days!!! DO NO TRUST ANY THING TRACFONE SAYS!!! PHONEY COMPANY FULL OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS!!!
 6th of Jan, 2014 by   Davewalker43 +1 Votes
Have a tracphone that service had expired on so i went and bought a prepaid $20 card to add minutes. Then after going to the website to sign up was told phone "SIM" was invalid or something. So called them up and reached the automated service. Gave all info related to my specific phone model and number on calling card. Then was transferred to a live operator who proceeded to ask the EXACT questions i had just answered. Only this guy was like a Forrest Gump or something because he spelled out each letter of my name, David...D as in delta, A as in Alpha, V as in victor, as so on, as if there were more than one way to spell it?!?!? Did the same thing with all info in my address, only kept spelling the street the way he wanted to and not the way i kept telling him. Basically sounded like a professional dyslexic or something? Anway, long story short, said my phone's SIM number had expired and i needed a new one shipped FEDEX. And had no clue what i meant about someone needing to be home when it was delivered?! Well a few dayd later i found it had been shipped through email confirmation only i wasn't home. But it stated it had been delivered, somehow?? Probably to the wrong address, and probably had to do with the wrong street name the guy kept misspelling. What it scary is this is probably a good case scenario when dealing with tracphone! Basically it is a company that makes there money off continual sells of their phones, hence the short 6-month life period for each phone. What else is this piece of crap phone good for other than for drug dealers, con artists or inmates? Any shady person who needs a disposable phone that cant be tracked, so more like UNtrackedfone would be better name. Anyway, still haven't got my precious piece of shit SIM card via FEDEX...which btw doesn't have a clue either, which is why they are used by MR. POLLOCK and his company...i'm over it, and OUT...
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   Davewalker43 0 Votes
"crazygurl" comment from 2010 was right on as far as us people being ignorant for buying these cheap plastic imitation phones and keeping this company in business. There is a customer service center only because of people like us who continue to tolerate owning a NON cell phone just to save a few bucks. On the other hand, we should be thankful(WTH) that these "reps" don't cut off our service with a "click" for being rude to them...really?? I think she doesn't understand where we come from about the poor english speaking "reps". WHY can't tracphone corporate spend a little more and actually hire some of the many unemployed AMERICAN phone reps with prior xperience??? Are they really obligated by our corrupt employment laws to hire only minorities? If so, then these foreign "reps" better be thankful just to have a job and that it's in a FREE country where you only have to put up with ignorant citizens, rather than violent ones. If i went to some middle eastern country and got such a job, I would expect some harrassment as well, only more severe.
So again, it is US who are indeed the stupid ones for keeping this company up and running, but then that's mindless American consumerism at it's worst, as usual!
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   Chez1 0 Votes
Tracfone sucks. Upgraded from LG800 to LG840, discovered that when receiving text messages it only displayed the phone number not my contacts name. After multiple phone calls and representatives saying try this, try that, they replaced the phone with another LG840. Still having same issues. Escalated to 3 different levels, each and every time they make me explain the whole situation over again, when they claim they are taking notes and putting them in the system. The end resolution every single time is to just replace the phone that I have with the same model or give me an dinosaur model with features I do not want or like. Send emails to corporate office, they send me an 800 number with a pin, told me that they will be able to help me. Call the 800 number, put in he pin, what happened, same song and dance. Same trouble shooting screens they are reading, same solutions!! My heads about to explode. Rewrote Corporate Office with a little sterner email, this time they called, gave me another 800 number and pin and assured me that they would be able to help with my situation. Guess what, same thing all over again, whoever gets the call, can I help you, what's your phone number. They see the problem, but they keep reading the same damn scripts every time and give me the same answers. I don't believe there is anyone to call or anyone who will assist. Basically tracfone does not care about any issues with the phone, all they care about is that they sucked you in to buying all these minutes and make you settle for a phone that doesn't work. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!!
 27th of Mar, 2014 by   Maineman 0 Votes
I've been trying activate my BYOP all day, I paid for the activation fee but then was directed to another page that had NO OPTIONS for activating my BYOP and when I tried to go back I was taken to the Tracfone sales page, my BYOP is still NOT ACTIVATED but Tracfone has my money, I've tried their "Help Forum" and can not get past the registration process, I can not log in, keep getting all kinds of ERROR messages instead, .. at this point after spending HOURS trying to deal with their OFF SHORE MERRY-GO-ROUND I have to agree with the majority of the comments here regarding how much Tracfone SUCKS, ... I've about had enough of their BS !

Batteries - Generic vs. Name Brand