logo

Fishing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan Complaints & Reviews - Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan is a SCAM

Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan Contacts & Informations

Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan

Posted: 2012-10-25 by    tktran

Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan is a SCAM

Toys R Us
I purchased a Nintendo DSi XL from Toys R Us in March 2011 for my 6-year old son. I was convinced by the salesperson that I should buy the buyer protection plan which will replace the item if my son accidentally drops or damages it. Last weekend, my son went with his uncle and accidentally dropped the Nintendo in the parking lot. A car ran over it before his uncle was able to retrieve it and damaged the item. I called this morning to file a claim and was told that the plan did not cover "misuse and abuse." I tried to explain to them that it was not misused or abused as my son accidentally dropped the item and a car unknowingly drove on top of it.

As I see it, this is truly an accidental damage from handling. In any case, they refused to do anything for me. I spent time looking through the long and boring terms of coverage and the "what is not covered" section, but could not see anything that would tell me that the item won't be covered in this case. I felt that Toys R Us trains their staff to scam customers into buying a service that does not have any intention to provide buyer protection. This is very upsetting.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Oct, 2012 by   Thud 0 Votes
Well think about it. If Toys R Us would accept your claim, couldn't anyone just smash their item and get it replaced?
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   TheWayItIs 0 Votes
You paid for damage insurance, you're entitled to damage insurance. The company behind the scenes is "NEW." Funny if you told them "i dropped it down the stairs and it cracked, " they would have replaced it (gift card for full price). Anything to get out of the claim. You need outside pressure - contact your state's Division of Consumer Affairs and/or the Atty General. Also put a claim in with the BBB. NEW will cave to reason.
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   jackcheng 0 Votes
Sir, the Buyer Protection Plan is definitely not a scam. I bought a Mongoose Mountain Bike, and it is a lemon (I bought it pre-assembled). So after about 5 months of riding, my friend rode my bike and told me there were problems with the steering and shocks (which I never noticed), so I called the BPP, and with no questions asked, they gave me a full reimbursement plus 10 extra dollars totaling $130 USD to go buy a new bike. I would definitely recommend buying a BUYER PROTECTION PLAN. Even though its $35, it is totally worth it in the long run.

Green Card Marriage Fraud