logo

CallReady.co.uk
Not recommended!
2. (4 mins ago)
jcappoc.com
My order is still in process and seller ignores me
3. (5 mins ago)
NY Biennale Art
Pietro Franesi
4. (50 mins ago)
Youth weekly Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
5. (55 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-11-18 by    JBO63

Claims Process

Tower Hill Insurance
Florida
Had a hail storm. They first sent out a man from a construction company that said I had no damage. I knew I did s four roofing companies had looked at it, all saying I did. When I called the claims agent and told him the guy they sent out didn't know what he was talking about, the claims agent then said "How many roofs have you installed?" and argued with me trying to tell me the guy was an expert. Then a few weeks later they had a scientist/engineer drive from Orlando to Jacksonville, spend over an hour on my roof. He leaves and I don't hear anything final on my roof claim for nearly six weeks. I call my agent and he stirs them up and in about a week from then I finally get a check. Claim filed about August 19th and settled the first week in November. TERRIBLE claims process, and smart a$$ claims adjuster.
Comments United States Roofing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2011 by   Steve122222 0 Votes
After two months they're threatening to drop us over hairline cracks in our stucco. They're refusing to talk to me insisting on going through our agent and they're also refusing to cite where in their policy it states they can terminate an active policy over cracks in stucco.
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   DGCFB +1 Votes
Hey Steve! We "HAD" this Insurance! WHAT A JOKE, NIGHTMARE, and THIEVES THEY ARE! Our home COMPLETELY FLOODED, in Jan. 2012. They had Florida Catastrophe from Orlando come into our house to lift furnishings around, and they WERE SUPPOSE TO "DO A COMPLETE INVENTORY LIST OF ALL ITEMS TAKEN OUT OF THIS HOME." The crew they sent in to do this job; STOLE OVER 36 BLACK HEAVY DUTY CONTRACTOR GARBAGE bags w/ ALL OF OUR "EXPENSIVE, VALUABLE, PERSONAL CONTENTS!" When I called Peter Lenhard, and Anthony Campbell from Fl.Cat. and REPORTED THAT EVENING OUR VALUABLES WERE STOLEN, NO INVENTORY LIST LEFT IN MY POSSESSION, "NOTHING, " I mean NOTHING went ANY FURTHER! I am livid w/ this company. I am going to do what I gotta do, to re coop our personal possessions in a honest manner w/ integrity, that THI ALLOWED FL.CAT. TO "STEAL, " FROM US, in our WORST, WEAKEST MOMENT(S).
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   buzzygator +1 Votes
Oh STEVE!
ACCIDENTALLY LEFT THIS OUT... "THEY "DID" DROP US!" Was sooo nice of them! Heck I would too, if I''d a been a low life, (as TOWER HILL INSURANCE IS) and stole over $30, 000.00 worth of merchandise out of someones home too! That "WILL BE A WAY TO PRE PAY, " FLCAT in advance for the NEXT HELPLESS CLIENT they send their FLCAT out for emergency services to! The kicker is, CNDR (Restoration Company THI hired to restore what was left in our house) out of Jacksonville WAS PRESENT THE "ENTIRE TIME, " that FLCAT walked away w/ our PERSONAL BELONGINGS!
 20th of Dec, 2012 by   Norm L +1 Votes
I've been a good, cash paying homeowner insurance customer for about 3 years. I
recently chose to enroll in Tower Hill on-line automatic payment plan providing my
checking account number. I mistakenly transposed a couple numbers in the
account when I filled out the online enrollment form. When the bill went to the bank, it got kicked back for an unknown account number. Tower Hill cancelled my policy without a phone call or email even though they had this information on file. I found out 45 days later when they had the nerve to send me a "balance due" bill after cancellation. They refused to reinstate my policy even with full payment and full current year payment. Very poor / impersonal business practices. Thank god I didn't have to fight for a claim with these jerks. They changed their name from Royal Palm Insurance to Tower Hill. By any name they are a bad business.
 18th of Jul, 2013 by   serenity22 0 Votes
Our ceiling caved in after heavy rains on July 2, 2013. We did have some small damage on the roof which was repaired by my husband. The contents on the room which was our office was covered in more than 12 inches of dry wall and insulation. We discovered that there was a mold issue!!! All of this information was conveyed to the "young" man that answered the phone early morning July 3, 2013. The ONLY thing they did right was get someone out to my home in a timely manner. 15 days into this and no contact from them, I finally called my agent and found out through him that we are not covered. I am disabled with allergic asthma to mold!! I WILL slam them everywhere and anywhere I can. Shopping for new insurance in Tampa.
 14th of May, 2014 by   jeff0418 0 Votes
first they take your money then find an excuse to drop you. i have recently bought a rental property and through an agent bought Tower Hill home insurance, paid the premium in closing cost. but after a couple of weeks got a call out of blue that the inspector was at the property for inspection and found hairline crack on stucco and the property was unoccupied (it was in renovation) then they just abruptly canceled the coverage through the agent, left me have to look for new insurance
 4th of Jun, 2014 by   Ocala Customer 0 Votes
Just cancelled me 3 days into hurricane season for filing a roof claim. They paid after 3 inspections and a lot of hassle. But what a fool I was to return excess money to them. They cancelled me with days of cashing my check, thank you very much. My neighbors have similar house, same damage, same risk and exposure and got renewed. They are a couple...I am a widow. Just sayin. I have used them for years through 4 houses at the advice of my agent. I would say avoid them at all costs. They stink.
 4th of Jun, 2014 by   calnbridge 0 Votes
I am having to take them to court over damages caused by a simple kitchen fire. Contractors are refusing to work with me when they find out I am insured by Tower Hill Insurance. Renee Heston and Nancy Weber are the adjusters on my claim. Please, stay clear of Tower Hill. I have been out of my home, as it is still smoke damaged, since 3/15/2014. Today is 6/3/2014. I have yet to receive ANY additional living expenses, which are provided for by my policy. No payments have been made for my damaged contents. All costs are being bore by myself and they haven't even offered a settlement but Tower Hill Insurance filed with the State Dept of Financial Services to go to mediation, instead of paying the claim or even making a decent offer.

RUN DONT WALK FROM TOWER HILL INSURANCE.
 6th of Jun, 2014 by   Ocala Customer 0 Votes
Well, Tower Hill called today and said it looked like a mistake and said I should be reinstated on Monday. Couldn't have been nicer. So paper work snafu??? Anyway, I am very relieved. And, I guess I can take it all back.
 9th of Jun, 2014 by   calnbridge 0 Votes
UPDATE: I am going to Mediation with THIG this Friday 6/13/2014. They are trying to wait me out, hoping I will go broke and are offering pennies on the dollar. They are disputing their own contractor estimates. What pieces of work. I am wondering if they are going to call the Mediator a liar as well. I had to hire an attorney to represent me on this. This would be against the law if a citizen did this to another. It called Theft and Fraud.

Beware of Car Break Scams!

Latest Groups