logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Clark Shoes
Stitching coming apart on both clogs
2. (6 mins ago)
JOHN E. BOUZANE
UNLAWFUL EVICTION
5. (13 mins ago)
POF
Deleted my account for no reason

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    J & S

horrible tour

tours4fun
New York
BEWARE !!! Don't get fooled by the slightly lower tour rates from this company. They never advertise any negative comments from the customers on their website. I sent them a comment after my tour, and they never posted it. I also know someone (one of the customers on the tour I had who was also very disappointed like me)who submitted an unfavorable comment about the company), and they never published that comment on their website too. So we know for a fact that they are just choosing the good comments from the customers to make their company appear attractive, well in fact it's the opposite. First, the tour is from Chinatown (95% of the passenger are chinese), tour guides & drivers are all chinese. And they all have their private jokes during the tour, which only chinese people could understand, so anyone else from another culture will be left outcast. Another thing is the hotel. Some people were dropped off at a luxury Hyatt Hotel, while the ones who booked from tours4fun were sent to an Inn (Extended Stay Inn)- which was filthy!!!- Me & my husband changed room 3x, and coffee maker 3x (which at the end we still couldn't use coz it was full of grime & sticky from old coffee residue), the toilet was out-of-this world filthy- black mold/grime all around the toilet seat. (I even had photos- which I sent along with my review to tours4fun website, but they never published it). When we complained to the guides about the hotel, they told us that we cannot stay in Hyatt coz we (tours4fun customers) paid less than the others (this tour company is not directly owned by tours4fun- it's operated by L&L travel agency in Chinatown, so customers are coming from other website agents as well). Another thing, those people who got the better hotel, also got the better seats in the bus (the entire tour). All tours4fun customers were given seats at the back rows only! The worst part is, because we had the tour in winter, the windows in the bus (from the third row down) gets very moist & foggy, and we couldn't see anything outside- as in zero visibility. And when we told the driver to at least put the aircondition/fan on to remove the moisture from the windows, he refused saying the passengers in sitting front are feeling cold (yes, the same passengers who got the best hotel & the beast seats!). So the entire tour all passengers sitting from the third row down to the back weren't able to see anything outside- we just had to listen to the tour guide explaining/pointing to the places outside- which only he & the first 2 rows passengers could see. There were at least 5 chinese tour guides in the bus, but none of them cared to check if the passengers at the back of the bus are doing okay or comfortable. The bus was too stuffy, no windows to open, no vents, no aircondition, no air.Totally suffocating (you have to breathe the same air the other passengers were exhaling for the entire journey). And to top it all off, the guides collect the tips (mandatory!) even before you enter New York City on the way back. They collect passenger by passenger, seat by seat. Me & my husband ended up paying $24 tips for the 2 day tour. If you give even $1 less tip from their rate, they will not let you go & even embarrass you in front of the other passengers (I've seen them do it to another couple).
Now you've been warned!!! If you want to enjoy your once in a lifetime tour, DO NOT GET IT FROM THIS COMPANY (and if other companies offer pick up from 87 Bowery St/Chinatown)- just avoid it. It's probably the same tour agency that will operate the tour. You may be able to save a few bucks from this company-tours4fun, but I assure you, you will have the WORST TOUR ever if you get it from them! Better spend a few bucks more on a tour you will enjoy & have good memories of. Good luck!
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Dec, 2009 by   J & S 0 Votes
Absolutely true !!! Don't get you tour from Tours4fun or any pick up from Chinatown if you don't want the most awful tour experience to happen to you! Find another agency/travel site.
 6th of Aug, 2012 by   Sean Umar 0 Votes
Completely agree.
We travel a lot and were excited to take the NY-Niagara Falls-DC bus tour because it promised to be a great trip at an affordable price - the decision we regretted on the very first day. It started with our bus being late for 40 minutes with the rest of the day schedule (visit to Thousand Islands and stay at Holiday Inn) pushed back respectively: instead of arriving to the hotel by 9PM, we got there past 11PM with little time left to rest because the bus departed for Niagara Falls at 7AM next morning. No time for breakfast here.
On our way from Niagara Falls to DC, the bus broke twice and we had to wait for about an hour each time. As a result, we arrived in Frederick, MD (where we stayed overnight) at almost midnight leaving us with practically NO time for dinner and proper rest as the bus departed to DC at 7AM. Everybody was tired and feeling measurable already. When we tried to contact the agency, nobody would pick up the phone. We left 2 voice messages -NO ONE CALLED US BACK.
On top of the poor organization of the trip, the guide was completely unprofessional. During this kind of tours you'd usually get a lot of historical and factual information about the places you'd visit. NOT THIS TRIP though: the only information we received from our guide was a ridiculous story about how "Maryland and New Jersey (what?) agreed to separate part of their territories to form Washington, DC" (??????????????). The whole trip he was basically completely preoccupied with collecting his service tips instead of actually educating his travelers. DC is famous for the world class Smithsonian museums (Art, Natural History, Air and Space to name a few) and all of them are free. And yet, they took us to a wax museum (one of only few paid DC museums and one of the worst among all Madame Tussauds' that are out there).
The whole thing seems like a nightmare to us now: everything was being rushed and forced. Overall, it was a complete waste of our precious vacation time and is not worth the money. By the end of the trip, we were feeling like we had been running an endless marathon for 3 days. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!
In conclusion:
1. Even if you like bus tours with your friends and family, DO NOT TAKE THIS ONE: you will be so tired you won't even have time to enjoy your company.
2. It is an scam with the sole purpose of making as much money as possible out of unsuspecting tourists (most of the travelers were tourists from Asian countries) WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DECENT SERVICE in exchange.
3. If, for some reason, you do decide to take the tour (which we do not recommend though), READ THE FINE PRINT: The listed price will only be half of what you'll actually end up paying. You will need to include admission fees to all sites that you'll be visiting + service tips (per passenger/per day) to the guide and the driver.
 31st of Jan, 2013 by   Unhappy customer 1000000 0 Votes
I also took a 3 day tour with them. I complained directly to the bus company and they told me that the tour guides get PAID in TIPS. This is the reason why they are so fixated in getting them oh and the "OPTIONAL TOURS' that they offer are more expensive because the tour guides ALSO make money off of those too. I also figured out that at the chinese restaurants that they took us to they get kick downs from the restaurants!!! Oh and don't ask them for your money back because hell will freeze over before that happens. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND GO ON YOUR OWN ROAD TRIP!!! I WISH I HAD BEEN SMART ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS BUT I DIDN'T AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. DON'T BE CHEAP IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A TOUR YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Tips For Finding Work Over 50