logo

Toshiba
Petawawa, Ontario
Canada
www.toshiba.com
I bought a new Toshiba A200-TH7 in May 2008. I was able to use this computer for 1 week only. The computer went to blue screen and would not start. I drove the computer 1.5 hrs to the repair depot... they didn't even offer to send free courier. Received the computer back and it still did not work. To make a long story short... the computer has been in for repair 2ce, i have used it a total of 1 week and it still does not work. I can not get customer service to call me back... I call technical every day as they are the ones to initiate customer service. It has been 3 weeks with no call back. I beg of people do not buy a Toshiba... they are lemons and they do not care about the customer or product. I feel so strongly about this I will spend my whole day trying to get the message out on every web site I can.
Comments Canada Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Aug, 2008 by   Lee Scott 0 Votes
You may have model that has a quirk that mine has - all you have to do is remove the battery and then reinsert it. That may fix the problem. It has only happened twice since I bought my Toshiba Satellite laptop - Circuit City knew about it and showed me how to do the battery thing right in their store.
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   Toshiba BOYCOTT 0 Votes
I completely agree!! I just hung up with the Customer Relations Department and am so angry, I told her I was going to boycott Toshiba for their inability to take care of their customers and she didn't even care! I bought a Toshiba Satelite April of 2008. Within 2 weeks, the keyboard was trashed. The letters were literally falling off! I am a business owner and do not abuse what I work hard for. By July, it would not even turn on. I called customer service and explained the problem. That took an hour because the customer service is outsourced to India. I have nothing against any country or race. However, I believe that when there is a customer service issue and they are dealing with the US, they should speak and understand English VERY WELL. Well my agent did not understand me. He would read something, respond by asking me a question, I would explain again, IT WON'T TURN ON! and he would read and ask a question that had nothing to do with what I said! This went on for an hour. I finally hung up, called back and got the same problem. Being extremely irritated, I asked to speak with someone in the U.S.. Make note that I was also transfered many times to wrong departments only to explain my simple but major issue over and over. I was finally connected to the U.S. and within 10 minutes an a Fed Ex number to ship it back for repair. Simple right? NO! I waited 3 weeks to get it back and it still did not work. They obviously did not even attempt to fix it and didn't even turn it on! I had to go throught he process again. Waited another 3 weeks. This time, they replaced the AC Adapter, Keyboard and System Board. The System Board alone would have cost $450. I'm thinking everything is fine. NO again! I tried to turn it on this morning and same problem. It will not turn on. I call, go through India not understanding again. When I finally get the US on the line, they tell me that my warranty has expired, which I knew, and that I would have to pay to fix it since it has been almost a year. I understand the warranty has expired and didn't expect them to do anything under that. However, when you replace an engine in your car and drive it off the lot, you have a warranty on your parts and labor for a time period. If if goes out in a few months, they are going to take care of you. NOT TOSHIBA! She said she didn't know if they even used new parts and wouldn't tell me. She said I had 30 days to send it back. I am so angry. I will never buy another Toshiba. I have 4 Acer computers in my office and one of them is 5 years old. I have NEVER had one issue in 5 years with any of them. Do not buy and make sure you tell your friends and family not to invest in this horrible company. They will not stand behind their product and they could care less if you are unhappy about it!
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   jim To 0 Votes
Toshiba products suck. I base this on a fairly new dvd player which the door wont open to insert a dvd. Spread the word: don't buy Toshiba, or you'll be sorry.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   Alami 0 Votes
I too completely agree that Toshiba laptops are crap. The touchpad on my Toshiba Satellite C870 has just stopped working, and the damn thing is 5 months old and hardly used in that time. I am not looking forward to calling up Toshiba customer support tomorrow morning, given the story above and several others on the web. And yes removing the battery and reinserting it was one of the first things I tried, to no avail. To whoever reads this, learn from our errors and avoid Toshiba las you would an AIDS infected, plague-ridden, rabid, axe-wielding maniac.

Fraud Alert Involving Car Recalls And Warranties