logo

PTC/PTR Scam Sites List
Beware!
3. (9 mins ago)
Fallas Parades
Worst place to work for!
4. (17 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-02-02 by    benanton

Worst service in South Africa

Top TV
South Africa
Worst cable service in South Africa. Had it for 3 months. Same programs have been shown 80 or more times on channels. Repeat on repeat. Programs are old. (ancient) Manegement above there cleints.
Call centre even worse. An email was send too top tv too complain. There answer DSTV and Kyknet been in the market for 25 and 10 years.
Surely if you are new and want too be competive you must be better or just as good. Do they want too tell me to wait that long . Check out their complain section on www.toptv.co.za. Sory DSTV for leaving you for this poor small cable sevice. 4 New Indian channels just been launched, but no upgrate on existing channels. count the Indian channels and then tell me who is the ceo of this company. Wether has a huge influence on cable aswell. Had 3 decoders and cancelled one allready. This company is a nitghmare
Comments South Africa Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2011 by   Richard C Clark 0 Votes
I am another unhappy client in that I have promptly paid monthly, yet have been cut off on 1/2/2011. I cannot get through to the call centre, and e-mails (that include bank transaction extracts) invoke no replies. Their quality programme material is scattered through the trash, forcing viewers to opt for the "full house" to get what they want. I am dumping this service provider...Richard Clark, Pretoria
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   Terence Makoe 0 Votes
hie my name is Terence makoe l do have a problem of paying my acount coz you send me an SMS saying your easy pay number is incorrect use your last month statement as your reference when making payment so l went to easy pay shop and they told me that my easy pay number is invalid. please guyz would you SMS me a propar number so that l can pay your money in time this are the numbers wich l have my Account number is 928505501829077 Transaction Refrence is71796319564547875 l hope the above said solution will be taken into consideration yours client
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   LancoLot 0 Votes
I've had great service from day one with TopTv. The call centre was a bit slow when getting to my call to register and activate my service but they were friendly and helpful. The technicians were of high quality and explained the set up to my family and I in detail... Thank You Pravin and your assistant.
For the low to middle income man on the street like myself I thank them for giving us the opportunity in experiencing the privilege of Digital Satellite Television. To the more fortunate… Go back to Multi Choice if you’re not happy.
Viva TopTv for the people.
 13th of May, 2011 by   Brendanvd 0 Votes
I have had toptv for a year now and I have been very happy with it expecially since they have no commercial breaks during a series like dstv. DStv has an extreme amount of advertisements during there programming and their quality isn't much better than toptv, there stuff is maybe more current but not better.

Thanks toptv for being there for the average South African.
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   Muntaaz 0 Votes
I am an unhappy client as i am tired of watching the same old programes specialy on the Hi Nolly Channel.
i am not sure what i am paying for. When will we get to see somthing new?
I recieved a B mail advising the price increace please add a few new programes as well one cannot watch same old weekend after weekend i feel sorry for the people i leave at my house who do not work and have to sit and watch same thing over and over agian. PLEASE GIVE US SOMTHING NEW!
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Beulah Brand 0 Votes
Why can you not publish some kind of programme? Surely a weekly
programme in a newspaper is not beyond the bounds of possibility?
For some weeks we were promised the series "I married a Princess".
Well, when is it being broadcast? Your present mix of "entertainment"
is so poor that staying with SABC 1 2 & 3 is the better option.
Also, why are the really interesting programmes being shown late at
night and we have to endure Jon & Kate ad nauseum at prime time.
Are you aware that DSTV is offering a package including ALL the Sports channels at R.l69 to residents of Retirement Villages. A very
good deal don't you think?
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   Belinda1970 0 Votes
I have had TopTV for less than 12 days. Since day one, I have had signal loss and finally on day 10 lost the signal completely. This being a Saturday I called TopTV and was told to call the technician myself(?) (it's debateable if he is actually qualified to install). He told me he would call me on Monday morning before 10am, at 11.30 I had to call him again and was told to call his boss, who did not have a pen to write down my details. I have called the technical department so many times today I may as well be working for them. I keep getting told that my complaint has been escalated to the technical department. It was a toss up for me DSTV or TOPTV. Well, 12 days into TopTV and I want to cancel my subscription, these people are a bunch of neanderthals who have bitten off more than they can chew, and have NO idea what they are doing.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   Rajesh H 0 Votes
Thank you for such a wonderful option of Indian cultural broadcasting but
I am sick and tired of soaps being televised and you dont get value for your money. The viewing time have dropped so that 10 minutes commercials can occupy the actual time for soaps. Its interesting to want to wait so patientialy for the soaps only to have them cut short because of the repeated commercials inbetween viewing time slots. All these complaints are logged but is there anyone responsible for actually looking into these views or are they so happy to make money that they forgot that there are people paying their salaries. Please I beg the HR of Top TV, if there is any, to attend to these complaints like today and not swept under the carpet.
Regards
Rajesh H( South Africa)
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   MAKHOSAZANA MCHUNU 0 Votes
I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEM HOW COME THAT MOST OF THE PROGREMS ARE UK AND YET WE ARE UNABLE TO SEE UFEA
LAEGUE
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   spitfire911 0 Votes
Hi my naam is charl ek wil net graag weet wat gaan aan met al die herhaling op TOPTV dis glad nie goed nie ek het al begin neer skryf wasts programme hulle self herhaal en herhaal nee man u men kan nie so werk nie julle wil graag betaal word en julle is vinnig om te respond as julle nie betaal word nie ma ons moet die selfde programme en music videos oor en oor kyk van die goed het hulle so baie herhaal ek kon al u aktuur of u musikant geword het so baie sien ek dit dan is dit nie nodig vir my om u plumber te wees nie ek kan u aktuur of u musikant wor so baie herhalings is WAKKER WORD MENSE ek sien uit om trug voering te kry dis my E mail cookecharl@gmail.com
 10th of Feb, 2013 by   Big nas 0 Votes
I think that top tv need to relook at how they see themselves as I must admit that the service is really not good.they took out 2channels and since then have not replaced them.they only have 1 movie channel witch is repeated on the next channel.come on top tv we pay for a service so get your act together before we put you people in the paper.our money for your entertainment should be good enough to at least make a person sit down to a good movie at any given day.you guys got big shoes to fill.so shape up or ship out.
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   nandipha 0 Votes
I am sick of the poor services that you are running, we pay your instalments every month and now we are un-able to watch tv becouse its been deactivated and now we try to call the call center but we run out of airtime after listerning to your machines and didnt get hold of any one to assist us. try to improve your service please
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   Big nas 0 Votes
Evening to you.i fully agree with all these complaints but it's as tho in our country if you have a complaint it's best just keep quiet but for how much longer can we go on like these companies must remember something we pay for a service that each month we got pay out of our salaries and to watch programs that we watch as kids hai thats not on programs like air wolf ! I remember as kid I would make sure not mis an episode, but I think what we should is for everyone to send them a lot nasty emails even put it in the paper in that we can expose them I mean now really 3 Indian Chanels even Chanel's like SABC 123 & Etv why should be on their network when they should have other Chanel's in place and guess what we are paying double for SABC & Etv because we pay for it on Top Tv & on SABC you see now that's what you silient theft.ha ha ha.anyway. People I know it sucks where to from here?
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   rooijan 0 Votes
Please reconnect my top tv. I did pay on 11/03/2013 the amount of R 560-00. My account ref no. is 928505504220084 andtransaction ref no, is5816896947285449046. The paypoint was at Shoprite, Brits Mall.
 5th of Aug, 2013 by   Basil Schoeman 0 Votes
I am tired of having to watch repeat programs everyday MY Name is Basil Schoeman I.ve been a Top t v viewer since you started televising in South Africa, but now you show repeats almost 3 - 4 times a day .When are we going to get new channels .You have cancelled some of the best channels and nothing has replaced them I am seriously thinking of canceling my subscription let me know what is the future for TOP TV regards Basil Schoeman e.mail basil.schoeman@gmail.com
 5th of Nov, 2013 by   R2D2Rudi 0 Votes
I have had just enough of top TV. Since they changed to star sat, the movies and quality's up to shi*t ! Starring movies older than MGM .. I have been a long loyal customer, but how many times do they want me to watch the same thing over and over.. I'm Not 60 years old. No sport channels ? And now they added 3 channels that out runns sabc by far! Dstv, u rule ! Good bye top tv, hope u have a lovely crash.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Guypan 0 Votes
I have had just enough of top TV. Since they changed to star sat, the movies and quality's up to shi*t ! Starring movies older than MGM .. I have been a long loyal customer, but how many times do they want me to watch the same thing over and over..you only play at least nice movies in the mornings while still sleeping or maybe gone to work. no one is watching at that time, so am paying for nothing. when i come back from hoping to find nice movies playing only to to find the same old shit movies playing. Dstv, u rule ! Good bye top tv, hope u have a lovely crash.

Guy Pandeka
 10th of Dec, 2013 by   phil2jhb 0 Votes
I have sent TOPTV a mail changing to the 81 channel package, a saving of R40-00 on my monthly debit order. There is no change to the sh*t I have to watch. I am very frustrated at the service. One cannot complain about the service as it does not exist. When I complained about the channels they removed. One of the bright sparks on their CC told me they do not only cater for me but for a wider audience. I don't recall asking him for my own personal channel. As of today 10 December 2013, I am still waiting for a reply and the channels I am paying for.
 12th of Jan, 2014 by   janant 0 Votes
Ek wil net graag weet hoekom word programme oor en oor herhaal en waarom kan die programrooster nie behoorlik op datum gehou word nie . Die rooster stem nie ooreen met die programme wat gewys word nie.

Phishers Target KU