logo

dresswe.com
No communication at all
3. (22 mins ago)
Etihad Airways
No food provided on board
4. (24 mins ago)
Dress quality

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Top Knot Grooming,LLC, York New Salem, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Customer Service

Top Knot Grooming,LLC Contacts & Informations

Top Knot Grooming,LLC

Posted:    Pmcrush

Top Knot Grooming,LLC
N. Main St.
York New Salem, Pennsylvania
Phone: 858-3451
TKGyorkpa.com
I have no problem with April Plummers work at Top Knot Grooming. I have a problem with her customer service skills. I went in with my dog Jake a mix of Australian Shepard and Bordier Collie. She asked me as soon as I stepped in the door about him being so skinny. I explained that yes hes skinny, but we've had him at the vet and they say hes hipper. She asked many questions including do I feed him, do I walk him, would I want to get rid eof him for a low maintance dog. My six year old daughter was with me and after she asked if we wanted to get ride of him my dsughter asked "are we getting him back". She asked at least two more times " is Jake coming back". I then called my husband and told him the situation. He then called April Plummer and she told him she doesn't care about feelings. That really made me upset to hear someone say they don't care about my child's feeling. I the went back to pick up my dog and decided to not say a word. I wanted to pay, get Jake and go, but that didn't happen. She started in with afake apology and said again to my face she doen't care about feelings, she cares about the dog. I was done after that! I told her you care moe for an animal then a human. She told me to not come back and I never, ever will!
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2011 by   KatiePnt +1 Votes
So... I'm confused here. Your dog looked unhealthy and the groomer appeared concerned. Seems like she cares more about your dog than making a buck (or making you feel good), which as a groomer she should be. It's unfortunate that your daughter misunderstood the situation, but as a parent I'm sure you reassured her that Jake would be just fine. So what exactly is your complaint? You just didn't like how the situation was handled, or you didn't like what you were told about your dog? By the way, I hope he is ok... I doubt that if he was just "skinny" and "hyper" that she would have even commented on it. Anyway, I'm looking for a good and reasonably priced groomer in the area. Does anyone have any constructive suggestions?
 2nd of Jul, 2011 by   maddog72 0 Votes
She's great with my paralyzed dog. I drive an hour and half to come to her. Perhaps, she seemed a bit rough around the edge to this customer, but she has excellent dog skills and takes great care with her furry customers. I would recommend her highly to anyone. She can handle dogs other groomers just can't.
 24th of Dec, 2011 by   wmryco 0 Votes
I had walked in one day to have my dogs nails clipped. April took me right away however she also was giving me unsolicited advice on how to handle my dog. Such as "if you don't talk to him while I'm clipping his nails, he won't act like that." She was referring to him trying to get away from her and get to me. Does she think that she knows my dog better than I do? And furthermore, maybe I was saying it for my benefit, not his! When he went to the veterinarian the following week, she clipped his nails again because she thought they were too long! So I basically wasted $15 that day! I thought April was friendly, however her customer service skills are way below par. Just because she can work with paralyzed animals and can "talk" animal language does not make her a professional. A little training in people and customer service skills will do her a world of good. I was just talking to a friend at work about where to take her dog for grooming and then saw this post. Based on my own experience, I am hesitant to refer her. People will only tell 1 other person about a positive experience they had at a business but they will tell 7-10 others about a negative experience. If April can afford that kind of exposure, don't change a thing!
 24th of Dec, 2011 by   wmryco 0 Votes
Correct your behavior or your business will suffer!
 29th of Sep, 2012 by   Top Knot Grooming, LLC 0 Votes
Hi everyone this is April, I apologize if I made you feel upset by asking you not to talk to your dog while he was getting his nails clipped but I did so because your dog was stressed since he may not like getting his nails clipped. When you talk to them and they are nervous you can make them even more scared. So I was trying to help your dog feel a little more comfortable during his clipping. He too is my client and during the time I work with your dog he is my focus so when he is done I can focus back on you. Dogs nails also grow at different rates or the quiks are longer then others. If you were dissatisfied with the nail clipping length I would have been happy to touch them up. Nail clipping is only $12.72 for walk in clients or $10.60 for groom clients. I have worked with animals since I was 4 years old so I do have the ability to read a pets feelings just as though they were talking to me and I also know how to react to keep the situation as calm as possible. So in most cases I do understand peoples pets in a much different way then they do. This is how I have had success in working with, training, showing and teaching others how to properly work with their pets so they both have the best life together. I work with dogs, horses and cats. Training, grooming and showing. Have a nice day.

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams