We bought a Toll Brothers home in May of 2007. Since we moved in we have had one problem after another and the list keeps growing...
- Our GE Profile, stainless refrigerator broke. The water dispenser kept dribbling water. When GE came out to repair the refrigerator we found the the side of the refrigerator had been all dented up.
- Our ignitor on the GE gourmet oven went out and had to be replaced.
- The drain pipe for our sump pump going out into the yard broke and we need to bury a new pipe.
- The fan in our GE microwave went out.
- This past winter we had drainage issues on our roof from the ice and snow and it leaked into the walls of our garage and damaged the drywall.
- Our shower pan in our master bath shower was installed inproperly. At first we thought the drain wasn't sealed properly. We sealed the drain, regrouted and sealed the floor and repaired the ceiling in the room below.
A few weeks later we saw signs of leakage again. Tore out the tile on the floor and found the shower basin, membrane, drain, etc. had all been installed inproperly.
Our tile is discontinued. The tiles on the step getting out of the shower are falling off now, the tiles on the bench are cracking. We haven't used the shower in our master bath for five months now. Toll Brothers is trying to work with the contractor who installed the shower pan/tiles to have them redo the work... not sure if I really want them to.
- This week we noticed a leak upstairs coming from the attic. Found that the drain pipe from the AC unit had not been glued and was just stuck together. With the hot/humid weather that we've had it started leaking down the ceiling and into one of the walls.
Yeah, we lived in a Richmond American home for 6 years and never once had an issue. In the 3 years we've lived in a Toll Brothers home it's been horrible. : (