logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Fairpoint Communications
deceit-billed for services don't have- holding my deposit- cancelled service-unable to talk to manager
2. (17 mins ago)
Failure to deliver

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Todays Options/Medical Insurance, Centerville, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Failure to follow there own procedures

Todays Options/Medical Insurance Contacts & Informations

Todays Options/Medical Insurance

Posted:    Peachtree

Failure to follow there own procedures

Todays Options /Pyramid Life Insurance
Centerville, Georgia
I started my Medicare Advantage Plan Insurance with Today's Options after sitting down with one of there salespersons in October 2007, Being Disabled and requiring many Prescriptions the salesperson made me feel like they would be able to help with my situation. After going thru one month I found out how wrong I was and how the Today's Options salesperson did not tell me about many things that would affect my situation, Nothing about Part "D" requirements, The infamous Donut Hole, the fact that Today's Options denied all but 2 of the 7 Medications I was taking and had been for 4+ years, that it took less than one month to hit the donut hole of $2400 dollars, and that I was responsible for the next $4800 out of pocket. So after being so disgusted trying to deal with Customer Service in which most could not even speak english very well and apologized over and over but did nothing to help the situation, I decided to cancel my Insurance during the enrollment Month per Medicare requirements, I called and talked to a Today's Options Representative on Dec 13th who had received my notice to start my Medicare Part "A', "B" and said that that was all I would need to do. Well I kept being billed $90 in Jan, Feb, Mar, so I called in Mid March to find out why they were still billing me and was told by one of there Representatives that I would need to send in a letter stating that I was canceling my Insurance with them, But of course nobody said anything about that in December. So I sent the Letter in by the cutoff of March 31st, I received nothing from them assuming that the letter arrived without a problem, but all of a sudden in August I received another bill for $700+ dollars from Today's Options so I called again to talk to one of there reps and was informed that my Insurance was not canceled and that they said they did not receive the letter in time, like it takes 2 weeks in the mail from Georgia to Texas. they have continued to bill me all the way up to December of 08 were I wrote another letter to cancel for the second time, I had Medicare file a formal complaint against today's options in Sept 08 stating that they should have canceled. The funny thing about all of this is they can make up anything they want and who is to cover the customer, Plus per there procedures after 2 months of not paying your dues they cancel your Insurance and will not start it back up till the 2 months are caught up. I also did not use any portion of there Insurance in 08 and yet against there own procedures want the whole years of dues equaling $942 dollars which as a Disabled Person on Social Security Disability I don't have, Personally I could see if they wanted me to pay for Jan, Feb of 08 per there procedures but really I don't think I owe them a thing because of everything I have stated above, You cannot trust these fly by night Companies who's customer reps are not even in this Country and you have no way to protect yourself from these situations. Don't get Today's Options Insurance or these types of things could happen to you.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Simple Ways to Save $1,000