logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
2. (4 mins ago)
OmanAir
refund
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Unauthorized charge

TLG Shopper
Connecticut
Phone: 800-526-4848
TLG-GreatFun charged $10.99 to my credit card without my notice as a membership, which I never subscribed. This is totally ripoff my money by charging to my card. I called them regarding this, they are saying I subscribed to their membership after buying a air ticket from priceline.com. I never subscribed to their membership after buying ticket from priceline.com, which is totally baseless. Still worrying that they will charge again. I think this is fault with priceline.com privacy policies by selling their customer card information to third parties like TLG-GreatFun without customers consent.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2008 by   minh 0 Votes
The same exact situation I am in right now, they charged me 11.99 for a straight 5 months until notice it, because I know i didn't make any charged to my credit card and I only go online to pay my monthly. I went paperless with my statements, a totally of 5 months they charged me, until I just went through my online statement and notice those charges. And it was priceline.com where i bought my airline ticket as well. Though, it was 5 months, my credit card customer service was dispute the charges and credit it all back. they say i wont get charge again, but if i do i will be calling to change my acounnt number.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   One Blessed Female 0 Votes
This has just happened to me as well they charged $14.99 to my account. I've never heard of this company a day in my life. I'm going to do something about this, not only will my bank put my money back into my account but I'm about to contact the BBB, The Better Business Bureau, because this is ridiculous they must be stopped, NOW!
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   Mike Bravo 0 Votes
Out of control! $14.99 popped up on my Bank Debit Card. I am calling my bank's fraud department. Luckily, they have a great one to assist me. Said department will credit the $14.99 but that is of little comfort. I want the scum of TLG in a room with me so I could show off my martial arts that I picked up and used by being in the Marine Corps' Force Recon. Yes - the 80's, 10 years I played Cold War Games in the asias and did Dirty Work. Slang for Combat and Black Ops.

Are you reading, TLG scum? I have plenty of time to start hunting your position down. Stand by, criminal filth bags. Better grow a set of eyes on the back of your heads.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   tired of all this 0 Votes
I just found a charge from tlg on my bank account for $15.99...the price appears to be getting higher. I don't remember ever joining this "club" . I will have to contact my bank to get this charge removed...wondering how they are getting all these card numbers, seems as though law enforcement or someone ought to be able to shut them down for fraudulent charges or something?
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   Gatoreed 0 Votes
I found that TLG Shopper had charged my credit card for two months for $14.99 without my authorization. It started with I signed up for Travel Advantage (another rip off.) I got no notification or membership paperwork that I was promised by the Travel Advantage salesman in August 2009. I cancelled my membership in September 2009 and they continued to charge me for two more months. A phone call in November 2009 and I found out that they had NOT cancelled my membership and the Slick Talking representative tried to get me off the phone with confirmation of cancellation. This time I got a name and a cancellation number. I also reported them to my credit card company as unauthorized charges. They are running a scam, charge you for nothing in return!
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   zzzzzzzzConsumer 0 Votes
Well, I will never use Priceline.com again. Book two trips with them last year and somehow got signed up for this thing twice! To get these off your statements you need to call 1-800-678-3029. You will need your account #, which is the 8 digit number after TLG on your statement and your address. The reps there know its a scam and they credit you 3 months and give you a number to fax for the remaining charges. Make sure to get a cancellation confirmation number and the reps ID. What a hassle!
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   HelperSon 0 Votes
They have been scamming my 84 year old mother for months. Who knows? it could have been years. I don't know how or when it was added. It is only since I have taken over paying her credit card bill that the charge was questioned.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Budget is Awful 0 Votes
Same situation for me, folks. I had a $15.99 charge that was unauthorized. The way it happened was, I signed up for Budget Rent-A-Car's Traveler's Advantage program. They promised free gas money, free this, free that, etc. After I cancelled it, I noticed the charge on my statement a few weeks later. The Shopper's Advantage customer service agent told me flat out that this is how I was signed up for it...that Budget passed along my information. Thus, Budget is responsible for this entire fiasco. What a reprehsible company. I will never rent a car from Budget for as long as I live!
 18th of Sep, 2010 by   harrymo 0 Votes
TLG is trying the same with me . Have filed FTC complaint and will notify my credit card co.
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   NG14BACHE 0 Votes
This also happened to me recently. I signed up for a TLG travelers advantage account and canceled it that same month. Two months later I realized I was being charged for a membership I did not sign up for with TLG Shopper for 16.99 a month. I just called 1-800-678-3029 and complained about it and told them to cancel any other "memberships" I may have with their company and refund my account immediately. I then told the guy if any other charges were applied to my account that I would contact my layer and would take legal action against the company. He then transferred me to a manager who assured me all accounts were closed and I would be refunded both charges with in 7-10 business days. I suggest contacting that number or call 1-877-346-8803 which is a direct line to a manager.
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   ellemartin8 0 Votes
Don't sign up for anything offered by this company. If a TLG sales rep contacts you, hang up the phone. I had a membership for one week, canceled it, and am still being charged 3 months later. When I called to cancel "again" the so-called customer service rep read to me from a script and was of no service whatsoever! This company has nothing to offer... but a run-around! BUYERS BEWARE!
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   motherfucke -1 Votes
this motherfucker website is fucking sucking my money..which i made busting my ass
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   Mardel 0 Votes
I am living in Canada, this company TLG Shoppers started charging my credit card since september for an amount of 16, 99$ every month. I do not even know which company it is. The phone number provided can not be reached from Canada. Please help, I do not know what to do.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   DeannaS 0 Votes
I had the same problem. I called to cancel my "subscription" and I even called again the same day to be sure that it was canceled. A week later I check my statement and they were STILL charging me! Not only that they said I could not be reimbursed and they had NO RECORD of me ever calling!!! I called 1.877.346.8803 and spoke to someone and threatened them with calling my lawyer. They returned every charge immediately! Make sure to keep your cancellation code FOREVER because you never know when they'll try to scam you again.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   dusta23 0 Votes
Thank you guys so very much for this information!! I just noticed charges for this on my card. They said I signed-up when making a reservation through Budget. The supervisor did not give me any greif and immediately processed the refund. They had been charging my card TWICE a month for both the "Traveler's Advantage" and "Shopper's Advantage" programs.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Rebecca Gordon 0 Votes
I have never heard of this company before, ever, in my life!!! And have no idea how they got my info to charge me. I have no idea how far back this goes. I only came about finding it because, I went to make a deposit into my account and they told me my account was closed (without my knowledge) due to an overdraft, I never repaid... Welll, I never knew about the overdraft, until this morning... PNC looked up the overdraft, and discovered that it was due to a BS chrage I never agreed to, for $19.95... So needless to say my account is frozen and Im in jeopordy of losing my account and screwing up my credit drastically because of this! VERY VERY VERY ANNOYED!!!
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   abee85 0 Votes
What the hell this TLG company is doing ? i dont know from where they got my account info, i do rem that i rent a truck from budget and bought ticket from priceline.com i dont know who gave my info to them. why the hell they are charging me 16.99$ and even i did what services are they giving me... i mean i m totally pissed off ... if i had a lawer friend i would have sued their asses... now what can i do to get their ass off my account ?
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Alfred F Mjller 0 Votes
My name is Alfred F millerduring the month of February I noticed numerous charges on credit card totaling over 200 dollars. I never authorized these charges fom 11/17/2010 through march 2011. Apparantly when i booked a flight on Delta Airlines TG gautomatically signed me up as joing TLG Shopper. I have advised my Creidt Card Holderathey will be investigating thes unaprooved charges. and I hpope you will rvrse the charges and change your proceedure of automaticaly enrolment in TLG Shopper
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   Erika qc 0 Votes
My name is Erika and right now I'm dealing with my bank due to this same situation, this company (or whatever they call) stole from my account the amount of 19.99$. This indeed it's a FRAUD!!! Never trust the "10 days free trial"It's a SCAM!!
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   Terisue3 0 Votes
CALL 1.877.346.8803. It seems to have worked. You don't have to have your account number, they can find it with your name and address. He was even able to tell me how this happened...some phone call at a Days Inn that my husband took...probably when he was asleep when he'll agree to anything..lol. I have a confirmation number and agreed to a four month refund (although this has been going on 9 months apparently) I will definately be watching my bank account and will keep the confirmation number as someone suggested. Thanks to all for the discussion thread so I knew what to do and how to get this resolved!

How To Create a Password Even Your Ex Can't Hack