logo

Nulexa
scam
5. (18 mins ago)
Bethea Jenner
Astrology and psychic rip off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - they are supposed to be managing the close of a timeshare purchase but actually represent the seller only

Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge Contacts & Informations

Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge

Posted: 2013-08-27 by    Peter

Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge
2256 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Phone: (865) 719-5725
timesharewholesalersofpigeonforge.com
I purchased a Sheraton Vistana Villages Bella 2BR annual 81, 000 Star Options with 2013 use timeshare on eBay from Doug Menjivar with Legacy VacationNet, also known as LEGACY ADVENTURES 888-602-0011.

Auction was won 05/28/2013 with payment made 05/30/2013. On 07/18/2013 I emailed Legacy "I returned the paperwork and made payment in late May / early June but have not received anything confirming the unit has been recorded, and SVO doesn't recognize me yet." to which Legacy replied on 07/22/2013 "Hello, I will request an update from transfer company. Thank you, Doug Menjivar" BUT HE NEVER FOLLOWED UP.

Beginning 08/09/2013 thru 08/15/2013 I began requesting proof of what had been done, contact info for the closing agent, and request to cancel because there was no evidence anything had been done. Legacy refuses to provide any proof, provided incorrect information regarding the closing company, and repeats "The average closing time (receipt of funds/paperwork to final documents sent to the resort) is 90-120 + days and may vary depending on the resort transfer process."

In my research I have determined the "closing company" (Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge, LLC) is more like a selling agent (they buy from owners but don't appear to transfer until they or an agent such as Legacy secures a buyer) who performs their own closings and Legacy is not the seller but a selling agent.

Timeshare Wholesalers of Pigeon Forge, LLC will not provide any documentation nor discuss progress of the transfer to me. If they are acting as closing agent I feel they are obligated to provide me with evidence the seller has legal title, the name of the seller, disclose if they have a broker license or are using Power of Attorney to process the sale, and provide proof of valid deed, any estoppel if they submitted for one, proof seller signed the deed, and when the deed was sent to recording. Later I expect a copy of the recorded deed and of course resort recognition. NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN PROVIDED.

Legacy also will not provide any documentation to show if anything has been done, nor will they provide documentation to support their claim they have the authority or ownership to sell the subject unit. Furthermore, after nearly three months there isn't any evidence anything has been done.

I anticipate one of two outcomes:
1) Their delays will cause me to not be able to use 2013 which they asked me to pay for
2) This is a scam to take my money without providing a unit

If they had simply provided incremental evidence of their progress I might be comfortable this purchase is legitimate. However, their refusal to provide any proof is suspicious.
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Online Pharmacy Scams