logo

UVOCORP
scammer
2. (10 mins ago)
PLDT / PHONE+DSL INSTALLATION
Failed to install on promised date
3. (27 mins ago)
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Time Warner Cable NC, Raleigh, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Poor customer service!

Time Warner Cable NC Contacts & Informations

Time Warner Cable NC

Posted:    valerie

Poor customer service!

Time Warner Cable NC
2505 Atlantic Ave, Raleigh, NC 27604
Raleigh, North Carolina
Phone: 919-595-3892
I am so sick and tired of TWC and their consistent POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. The only reason that we keep the service is because they are the only company that can offer high speed internet service for my husband's work at home business. Our cable and high speed internet service went out at approximately 11 pm on 3/4/08 due to a rain storm. At 7:00 am I placed my first call of five calls to report the outage. I spent 20 minutes on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone after going through the useless prompts. Finally, the system incorrectly routes me to the business section even though we have residential service. I'm not going to bore everyone with the details of my 5 phone calls... repeatedly routed to the wrong section, they gave me telephone numbers for the residential section that came up as invalid phone numbers, not being able to come out until Saturday FIVE days later to fix the problem. My favorite call is the 3rd phone call where the representative argued with me that because they didn't show an outage in their system that there was no outage and told me my service worked. The bottom line is during call 5, i got so angry that i asked for a supervisor and threatened to cancel the service if they didn't come out to fix same day the problem. Lo and behold, magically an appointment comes up same day and they came out 2 hours later. What a bunch of jackasses!!!

I am so angry that they can get away with this but more angry that we can't switch this service. Talking to my neighbors who also lost service in the storm who got treated the same way makes me even angrier.
What the hell are we spending $100 a month for?

The first opportunity that we have to switch service we are gone.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2008 by   Diane P. Sykes 0 Votes
Approximately 3 months ago, I had Time Warner cable phone service added to our account (against my son's better judgement!). The technician couldn't figure out how to connect it to the existing phone line, so he connected a single jack to the incoming cable (behind the TV). Any time we had to use the fax, we had to carry the "All-in-one" printer downstairs to the living room. And of course, could not use the phone anywhere except there also. My son also had multiple complaints regarding his digital cable box since we had that installed a couple of years ago. I travel with my job and am only in Raleigh every 5-7 weeks. Last time I was in town, we made a service call for both the cable and the phone (as the tech did NOT follow-up and come back to fix the connection.) Those 2 service calls were the BEST experience we have had with Time Warner in the 18 years that we have been customers. (I indicated that in the many follow-up calls that I received.)

Now to the complaint. Also over the past few months, by bill has shown PAID from my auto draft and then showed the payment CREDITED back to my account. I assumed that Time Warner was acting responsibly by crediting my account until my service issues were corrected. But then, when it happended again last month, I thought something might be wrong with the billing. Time Warner had called me again to see if I was satisfied with the service that I had received and I asked about by billing (March 15 or 16). She said she would connect me to billing. I was on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected. Since I left for Japan on March 17th, I did not get a chance to follow-up. When I got home from Japan (April 5), I called Time Warner again (April 6) to inquire about my bill (I am calling them to correct that fact that I am not getting billed!!!). They investigated and determined that the credit card used for my auto draft was expired. That was why I was getting billed and credited every month since November!
My bill is now up to $661 dollars and I had not received a single phone call or letter stating that there was a billing problem.

I told them that I would like to pay my bill, but wanted credit for the 3 months of phone and for the bad cable reception we were getting on the box (had to diconnect the box every time in order to get reception for non-digital channels). My son got on the phone to describe the recurring issues with the cable and digital service and got into a "pissing" contest with the telephone support person. At one point he was offered $15 credit per month over the next 12 months, but refused. The phone call did NOT go well.

I called back on April 8 to resolve the bill and asked that the $15 per month be credits immediately so that I could pay the bill off. I was told that there was a note on my account that I was NOT to receive any credit!!! I was also told that my account was turned over to collection. So, I asked to speak to the collection department. I was told that they don't arrive until 8:30 AM and that I should expect a return call between 8:30 and 9:00 AM. It is now 2 days later and I have heard nothing from them. Now THIS is the typical way that Time Warner responds to their customers. They finally get the techincal service figured out, but the SUPPORT still stinks!!!

I am filing a formal complaint to Time Warner, the FCC and any one else who will listen. Time Warner thinks they can get away with BAD customer support because they are a monopoly. This is just plain wrong.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by   Jean 0 Votes
Approximately mid-February I got a call from one of twc's telemarketers telling me they had a special offer for their combo digital cable, roadrunner & digitial phone service for 128.95 or 128.99 a month. I've had digital cable for quite a while, needed road runner and the digital phone sounded like a good deal. Of course, it took three weeks longer to get the phone than to get the internet connection...

I have all the premium movie channels(no excuse here, tv junkie since I retired). Four are supposed to be 28.95. Didn't get too excited about the first bill. It was 163.96. Then noticed no phone charge on it.

Next bill...with phone...266.42...with, of course, prorated amounts for phone...

I took my bill and started adding the charges. the 28.95 for the movie channels had turned into 31.00. I was never informed that I would be billed 9.95 for the modem. Without the movie channels, modem or fees, the bill would total 137.89 which still doesn't sound like 128.95 to me. Am calling tomorrow, but would never recommend them to anyone, if an alternative is available. Oh, and you are locked into a 2 yr contract unless you pay 150. to get out of it. Wonder if that's why it took three weeks to get the phone...hmmm. By the time you get a complete bill, the 30 day back out has expired!

Also, you might not know that it is unlikely you and your next door neighbor are paying the same for exactly the same service. Whatever blows their skirts up at the time. I think most of us would be upset it someone with the identical water usage by your water provider was paying a totally different rate than yours. Make that for electricity also.(I realize that depends on several factors) . The water still goes.
 22nd of May, 2008 by   Misty 0 Votes
Residential accounts are for ENTERTAINMENT purposes only. You are spending $100 a month for RESIDENTIAL internet services. I wonder if you were also violating your TOS by running a business thru a RESIDENTIAL account..which are soley for ENTERTAINMENT purposes only.
If you want to run a business from your home, maybe you should get a BUSINESS class account.
 22nd of May, 2008 by   carlos 0 Votes
I can so relate to your comments. For the last year I have had trouble on and off with TWC digital phone. Their soultion is to always to offer to send someone out to your home. This would be fine and dandy if I had all the time in the world to sit here for 4 fours every fews months to have someone come out. How many times should it take for someone to come out to your home to fix the same problem before it gets resolved? Half the techs they send out know less than I do. I also agree that if you are too nice about it you get dicked around. The only way you seem to be able to get things done in a reasonable timeframe is to threaten to cancel your services. After that an appointment within a day or 2 magically appears.
 7th of Jun, 2008 by   DONNA FOSTER 0 Votes
THE WORST SERVICE POSSIBLE. ON THE PHONE LINE WAITING AND WAITING, FINALLY GET SOMEONE AFTER 45 MINUTES OF WAITING THEY SAY FOR ME TO TRY THIS AND THAT. WELL TO NO AVAIL THEN I HOLD AGAIN AND THERE GOES ANOTHER 20 MINUTES. FINALLY AFTER BEING PUT ON HOLD I HANG UP. THERE I AM PAYING FOR SERVICE AND THERE IS NONE. SO I FIGURE THE LENGTH OF TIME I AM WITHOUT SERVICE I WILL DEDUCT FROM OUR BILL, UNTIL THEY GET IT FIXED. I AM VERY UPSET WITH THEM AND I AM LIKE THE OTHERS I WILL CANCEL IF I HAVE TO AND DO WITHOUT THE INTERNET OR FIND A DIAL UP. AT THIS POINT ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS HASSEL.
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   William Crews 0 Votes
My wife and I are very patient with just about everything. She purchased a TIVO system at Best Buy and signed up for the additional Digital Cable service for me for a Fathers Day gift. After not having any luck with getting a card from TWC for the TIVO, so that it could be connected (waited 17 days ) she called TWC and they scheduled a service appointment for June 20th between 10am and 12:00 noon.

I had been on a field study for 2 weeks and returned on the 19th of June and was surprised that the system was still not operating, but she informed me that it would be setup by TWC tomorrow. On June 20th at 12:30 PM, I tried to get in touch with the "no" service department at TWC NC and after about 1.5 hours was successful. The lady could not tell me anything about a scheduled service call. My wife is very good about writing things down and I had all the information(who she talked with and phone #'s) so I told her this information. At that point she transferred me to the manager's phone, dring the phone announcement he left his cell number. I left a message and called his cell. The manager (Tray) was very professional and it did seem that he cared about his customers. I told him of the problems that we had with the scheduling and connections, he looked it up and did see that someone did enter information in our account on June 19th but did not schedule an appointment. While speaking with him, I asked about the TIVO vs the TWC system. He told me that the TIVO would not be capable of getting all the channels that the TWC system could and that the TIVO system would need a internet connection or a phone connection.

Since I had received this as a gift and did not do the research, it's a good reason not to get the TIVO, so my wife and I discussed the benefits and she returned the TIVO. She also went by the kiosh to pick up the HDTV box, scheduled by Tray, and they readily gave her a unit in a bag. When taking the product out of the bag it was easy to tell that it had been semi-refurbished, it was just the DVR unit with a power cord. The front face was not attached correctly and it had no instructions, no cables, and no support information. After about an hour of connecting and reconnecting it still inoperative. OK, I have connected these things to TVs before but this is a peice of junk and they gave it to me to connect and waste my time on Saturday night.

I am just here to tell anyone who will listen - if you have a different option for TV other that TWC you will be much more satisified. There are some that are knowledgeable but the bulk of employees there do not have a clue!
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   pam garneau 0 Votes
I sent you all a 117 dollar mony order that you recieved, and say that I did not sign it, well we were going to talk to you(TWC )about phone and internet also. I can do nothing with the money order becaus it is written out to TWC..

Is there any brake in there for us somwhere? I mean we both make under $10 an hour. Can we have some time if you send the money order back to sign it? Plus we will send our new current bill.

12th of Aug, 2008 by   pam garneau 0 Votes
sorry my e, s are messed up
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   raj rathore 0 Votes
Best I can describe TWC service as probabaly worst in whole US all industries combined. One time trasferred 12 times and finally got disconnected. Called again Raleigh area at 866 489 2669, one time got Charlotte and 2nd time got Greensboro - all business class while trying to reach residential service which I have. Voicemail gave me incorrent balances. I wish I had a choice.
 14th of Aug, 2008 by   grace guo 0 Votes
We already called n times before today for changing our service. We were transferred several times. Every time ended up with line droped. A person told me I could have promotions if I keep my current service and then the line droped. I called in again and another staff said no promotions available to me.
different people talked different things. If I had a choice, I definitely would switch.
 17th of Aug, 2008 by   Paul S 0 Votes
I have dealt with tw for many years in NY where I'm from and here in NC, now. I can honestly say that my experiences here have been the worst service I've ever had. It should have been an indication of service when the installer failed to show up the first day. I had a tw dvr in new york and loved it so I figured I'd get one here in NC. THe new "UPGRADED" dvr is simply horrible. It doesnt have as nice of functions as th OLD one. You cant stop a taped show and skip to the end like the old one, and the guide and channel change functions are horribly slow. I normally have to reboot the piece of junk about once a week. I was extremely disappointed in it.
I have always gotten a kick out of companies like tw and sprint and others that sell you a service. All thier systems are automated with choices and here is how it goes...

-existing customer press 1...15 minutes wait time!
-to cancel service press 2 ...25 minute wait time
-To start a new service press 3..HEEELLLOOOO how can I help you!!
-To pay your bill press 4.HEEELLLOOO how can I help you
-If you have problem with your service press4...Cut OFF!

TW makes it very clear to thier customers that thier time is way more important than yours.
 18th of Aug, 2008 by   renita evans 0 Votes
as of 8-18-08 i was at work, had made two payments of 98.00 in two weeks. apart cable guy was at my home to disconnnect from outside. as if i never made a payment, i call office because i was at work, noone answer after 20 mins. and then could not help me at all. i have a appt. to have time warner to connect cable anf=d internet, but will be cancelling this week.. until i can go direct satellite. i have been customer for over 20 years.
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Mark Richards 0 Votes
As a recently departed 25 year employee of the cable company, I will tell you all that this business has changed to the tune of bottom line dollar figures and management egos. Gone are the days when the engineering department was in charge with service in mind. As of now, it is all about cutting costs and salaries as the accountants in control think they can bring in entry level people and salaries in exchange for higher salary experienced folks. Unfortunately, the customer suffers and will continue to do so until the mindset changes
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Vahan Avagyan 0 Votes
I will be quick. My internet got very slow (almost no connection). After 20 min wait got a tech guy who told me there is no known issue in my area and transferred my call to the higher tech. support dpt. Right now it's exactly 42 mins i'm on hold with a "friendly" auto-greeting about how their connection is fast and how important is my call...

Pissed..!!
 31st of Oct, 2008 by   cvp 0 Votes
I have had absolutely no problems with the cable company until they began contracting out. This moron contractor installled some cheap junk digital phones and told me that no other cordless phone would work. So I gave away a very expensive phone that I loved. and learned from th ecable co., this is not true. Now I have these junk phones that are so lightweight they tip over with the slightest movement, and the only way you can hear anyone is to put them on speaker phone. And if you happen to press "speaker' to increase th evolume, it disconnnects the call. The volume control is on the same switch as the caller id, so I must go though the entire process of viewing the calls and keep hanging up to inally get to the volume control. Whilethe volume control goes to "4" but is so low I feel like a need a hearing aid, so the solutionis to out everyone on speaker phone so none of my converstaions are private. I complained to the cable company as I feel that they are indirectly responsible for their independent contractors and if hey are giving out false informationt to boost their own sales of perhaps upgraded GE phones, they should be held accountable. The cable co. has no involvement with the actual junkphones but they do collect my monthly payment for phone service.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   edith williams 0 Votes
Time Warner was the WORST- consistenly painful customer service experience that I have ever had in my life - period. My issue is to long and laughable to even recount. When I think of the time and money needlessly wasted... the public deserves so much better. Maybe one day there will be more options.
 10th of Dec, 2008 by   dutchez 0 Votes
I strongly hate Time Warner because no matter what CSR you get over the phone they will tell you something differnt. Ex., always give you a differnt amount due, never type in notes of your conservation, just point blank lie, lie, lie. I am currnetly seeking info on Direct TV and don't want to ever look back. I wouldn't wish Time Warner Cable on my worst enemy. Like Obama Said, Time for Change!!!
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   madd 0 Votes
TWC HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DO YOU KNOW I CALLED AND ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AND THE REP TOLD ME NO, NEVER IN MY MANY YEARS OF WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC HAVE I EVER SEEN SUCH HORRIBLE PEOPLE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS GETTING THAT OVER PRICED CABLE MONEY IM SO SAD THERE IS NO OTHER CABLE PROVIDER OTHER THAN TWC SOMEONE THAT GIVES A DAMN PLEASE PUT THEM OUT OF SERVICE AND THOSE RUDE EMPLOYEE'S THAT THEY HAVE
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   D CRANE 0 Votes
I THINK TIME WARNER IS THE WORST CABLE COMPANY IN THE MIAMI VALLEY AREA, THERE EMPLOYEES ARE HORRIBLE TO, SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, I WISH WE HAD A BETTER CABLE COMPANY BESIDES THEM BECAUSE THET REALLY SUCK! IF IT WAS NOT FOR MY KIDS I WOULD SAY SCREW TIMEWARNER AND ALL OF THER SERVICE
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   Sally Consumer 0 Votes
If it's not one thing, it's... Time Warner Cable. If I have to call customer service one more time I... Actually since they disconnected my phone out of the blue, I don't have a phone service to call on anyway.
How many times do I have to call from my neighbors house and bear the incompetent trouble-shooting that their employees and tech put me through? Is it to much to ask to receive the phone service that I am paying them for?
AT&T, here I come...