logo

Sears Jewelry
Broken in 3 months
3. (3 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
4. (7 mins ago)
Dealer Synergy Sean Bradley
Sean Bradley Scammer
5. (10 mins ago)
GLD Myscore
they keep on charging me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Time Warner Cable, Charlotte, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Charged for Services after Cancellation

Time Warner Cable Contacts & Informations

Time Warner Cable

Posted: 2012-08-26 by    ShelleyRR

Charged for Services after Cancellation

Time Warner Cable
Charlotte, North Carolina
i have been a TWC customer for over 8 years! So you could imagine my disbelief when supervisor, Vanessa tells me, "you've been paying for it, meaning you knew you had it.. " OR "there is nothing that will justify me crediting your account for this." Ok, cancel my service "No problem, ma'am, I will get that taken care of today."

I was floored, one, by the fact there wasn't ever one "let me help you with that". Also her attitude with a customer and lack of willingness to help.

Background: about two years ago I noticed Sports Pass for $3.95 on my account. I had no clue what it was, didn't order it so I cancelled it. They took care of it (so I thought). Unfortunate for me, I never check my bills. I have paperless billing so I never get them. I call to make my payment over the phone because I don't write checks. Shame, on me.

Last Tuesday I logged in online to see about service in the area because the internet wasn't work. I pull up the bill "just because" and realize not only am I still being charged the Sports Pass, I'm being charged $12.95 since May for VOD. I didn't order VOD, I don't watch it - haven't since it was ordered "by the remote" at the end of April and couldn't even find it when I went back through the channels! I asked if they could see if it's been utilized because that's over $50 over the past few months. Additionally, just over $50 for the Sports Pass. I suggested pulling my call from when I called in a couple years ago (because I NEVER, EVER call customer service) she said that was ridiculous, she doesn't have time for that and that's when things went down hill. I was seeing RED by this point, I refuse to pay my last bill (and will dispute on credit), turning in HD box tomorrow and moving to AT&T Uverse and DirecTV. I would never, ever recommend TWC to another individual.
Comments United States News & Media
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Aug, 2012 by   redhotzz 0 Votes
I DO agree with you that Time Warner Cable has awful customer service, but at least you can get a human being on the phone! Wait, oh just wait, til you have problems with the same 'mystery charges' added to your AT&T bill...you can't GET a real person to talk to, and IF you do that person will tell you that you have reached the wrong dept and they will transfer you to the correct one, only to give you the run-a-round of automated responder over and over. I've been there and done that with BOTH big conglomerates! HOW they continue to do so is exactly what you admitted to~they bank on paperless billing and people who NEVER LOOK AT THEIR MONTHLY BILL. I refuse to deal with AT&T at all and have scaled down my TWCable to the ultra basic of 20 local channels and a 'deal' on internet that, when it is timed out I will just use my smart phone. It's a SAD world we live in now.

How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Know