logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
"Boat Angel" is NOT on the boat, Angel!
Fraudulent Check Scheme From Boat Angel
Total fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Time Warner Cable Complaints & Reviews - This company is completely and utterly pathetic!

Time Warner Cable Contacts & Informations

Time Warner Cable

Posted:    Valerie

This company is completely and utterly pathetic!

Time Warner is a perfect example of how pathetic and atrocious big business gets when any company has a total monopoly over a service region.

This company is completely and utterly PATHETIC!!!

I have had cable television in Los Angeles for over 10 years. Never before have I been harassed for fractional late payments, had my cable actually cut off for partial overcharges, and DAILY phone calls hounding me for money.

My bill is approximately 150.00 a month for TV and internet. This company decided, not only to levee a late fee against my account, (which I don’t actually understand) but they then shut off my cable for my failure to pay it within about 8 days. That was ten days ago. I was forced to make a 30.00 credit card payment over the phone to turn service back on. It took me 48 minutes on hold to speak to someone; within minutes we were "accidentally" disconnected.

I then spent another 43 minutes on hold to get reconnected a second time. The customer disservice rep told me I had an additional balance due on Feb 1st of 150.00 dollars - give or take. I told him I would mail that in and that I didn't want to pay it yet. After paying my "late fee"(30 whopping dollars) I asked to speak to a supervisor about my dissatisfaction with this whole process.

I was told it was not possible to speak to anyone but they would call me back within 24 hours. I asked for clarity about this and they ASSURED me I would be contacted within the next 24-48 hours by a supervisor.

I never did hear from anyone. NOTHING.

As disgusted as I was, I decided to just let it go anyway. It simply wasn't worth the another hour and a half of my life to try again.

Ten days later I went to order a pay per view movie (January 31st) and this feature was blocked due to "billing related issues."

That's odd, I thought.

How could I be late again, I just paid my bill current ten days ago? The automated phone system then told me I had a balance of over 320.00!!!!!!

WTF!??!?!?!?!

In a moment lapse of reason I chose to walk down the path of shear madness and absolute stupidity and called in to speak to customer disservice again.

This phone call set a new personal record for hold times to speak to any organization... 1 hour and 14 minutes!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if massive multi-billion dollar corporations like Time Warner could actually hire enough people to handle customer service calls with... well, SERVICE!??!?

After cooking and eating an entire meal while on hold, I was greeted by a harsh and impatient woman who began by telling me I now had a 38 days past due balance of 152.00! This was very strange, since only a week and a half ago I paid my bill current... and was told that my next payment of 152.00 was due on February 2nd.

***scratching head while looking bewildered***

What's more, she was totally unable to tell me when this past due amount was originally due! I checked my check stubs and I have sent in payments of over 140 dollars monthly since at least October. The mystery grows larger…

I told her I wanted a copy of my “ledger” which is a breakdown of the last six months of service, payments, etc.

During this conversation, I told her about the previous “engagement” with customer service. She asked if I would like to speak to a supervisor right now.

“WOW!” I thought. Just like that?

A few minutes more hold resulted in her getting back on and saying that she couldn’t transfer me, but she would be glad to have a supervisor call me back within 24 hours… blah, blah, blah…

Truly amazing. Why do we not have an open and competitive market when it comes to cable TV?

Needless to say, I am going to switch to direct TV. These scum don’t deserve the 2000.00 dollars annually they get from me. If they cared at all, they would man their phones, solve problems, and come up with some real answers to customer concerns.

If you have a choice, DO NOT GET TIME WARNER CABLE!!!

…if you have a choice, that is.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I have never done and I never will do business with Time Warner.

Practically every week for the past 6 years, Time Warner sends out large, glossy color cards advertising their service.

Get a new cellphone or service:

This is a waste of trees and my postal carrier's valuable time.

Today, I requested via e-mail that they remove my address from their mailing solicitation list. They return with the message pasted below. I am not going to call their SALES DEPT as Tonya suggested. How dumb do they think we are? Why can't they just take care of this? Here's their message:

"Thank you for e-mailing Time Warner Cable Customer Care. We do apologize for the inconvenience. The best source to contact regarding this issue would be our Sales Department at 713-341-1000 Option 2 Monday - Sunday 8:00AM - 9:00PM. Thank you for choosing Time Warner Cable. Sincerely, Tonya, Time Warner Cable Customer Care"
 22nd of Feb, 2007 by   Dixie Berry 0 Votes
My cable was mistakenly disconnected because my neighbor has the same address as mine only he has a letter next to his. Instead of correcting this issue, immediately, they claim they can't do it until they are available. I have made many calls to them only to get the same "crap" stating they are sorry and will credit me for this problem, but they won't come out and fix it unless it suits their schedule.
 19th of Mar, 2007 by   Amanda Currie 0 Votes
Whenever we call Time Warner, now Comcast, we always get disconnected somehow, which results in yet another 45 minute (at least) hold session.
 16th of Apr, 2007 by   Dan 0 Votes
The customer service at time warner is awful! The nationwide monopoly take over of adelphia and com cast has left them totally unable to take care of clients. I would suggest anyone that can research satellite or other alternatives. I just spent over 3 hours on the phone trying to get them to reset my email account, and they still cant do it! There are a few good people there, and way too many that don't have any idea what they are doing... waits to get through are awful.
 28th of Nov, 2007 by   Bazooka Bob 0 Votes
I too am being harassed by the idiots at Comcast (formerly Time Warner) via my cell phone. The number that repeatedly calls me is 713-341-1000.

Calling back that number will give you a sales rep claiming it's their marketing department and there is nothing that they can do. Nice cop out eh? Friggin' calloused morons!

The beyatch from Comcast suggested that I register with the National Do-Not-Call Registry. However that takes 31 DAYS for it to become effective (if it ever does, as these idiots from Comcast obviously don't play by the rules).

I think that I will start my own harassment campaign and set up a PC zombie army to ping and email the crap out of their IP and email addresses.

Sorry bastards!

Bazooka Bob Out
 28th of Nov, 2007 by   Bazooka Bob 0 Votes
These are the turd Telemarketers that have hit residential telephone lines or cell phone numbers in Texas with unlawful prerecorded telephone solicitations.. This information is provided as assistance to others for purposes of identification of those responsible for the calls.

The first number has been disconnected, the 2nd has messkin's answering it and they play dumb. The third has an answering machine.

If someone were to SIGN-UP this person and their address for HUNDREDS of subscriptions to magazine and the like using those postage-free subscriber cards it would be similar to what they are doing to everybody else by harassing them on their cell and land line phones (it is ILLEGAL to call cell phones). I can't imagine anyone doing that though! ;^P

Texas Telemarketing Inc. aka: TTI
713-946-6354

John McCormick – President
Shirly McCormick – Registered Agent
 28th of Nov, 2007 by   Bazooka Bob 0 Votes
Here is a link to track this John McCormick down.

He was born in 1958 and is 49 years old.

The tables can easily be turned on this telemarketing bastard and he can be the victim of his own harassment!

JOHN J MCCORMICK Born Apr 1958
3222 SPENCER HWY Recorded: 10/14/2003
PASADENA, TX 77504

SHIRLEY A MCCORMICK Born Dec 1960
6838 CEDAR POINT DR Map It Recorded: 10/14/2003
PASADENA, TX 77505

Evidently the Spencer Highway address is either their current (or was) spamming/telemarketing office location.
And the Cedar Point address is their residential.

Turn-a-bout is fair play!

Info on their house:

4th of Feb, 2008 by   Danny Sherwood 0 Votes
I agree wholeheartedly. My Mom got a shut-off notice about time warner, She paid up the stated amount. This early morning the digital box was shut off. I called on her behalf and the customer disservice rep said that there was an extra charge and we would need to pay that by this coming Friday or it would be shut off. I plugged it back in and inserted all the appropriate cable wires, And it still doesn't work. The VCR is screwed up as a result, And now I've got to call them back. Why hasn't the Justice Department and/or the Federal Trade Commision investigated these monopolies? Are the dish companies any better?
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   Andrew L 0 Votes
I live in Brooklyn, When I got my cable internet hooked up, the cable guy told me it was perfectly fine to pay in cash, and that he would give me a receipt. After paying, he then gave me numerous papers, had me sign them, and assured me that I had my receipt. I gave him $100 for installation and first month fee. A week later I got a bill for the shit I already paid for. When I called to complain, they told me they couldnt do anything, that I would be called by a supervisor. I was called one morning with a spanish recording.. I dont speak spanish. They also hound me when im late on payments.
 16th of Mar, 2008 by   blondegenes 0 Votes
Most people are totally unaware that these services fall under the auspices and oversight of the FCC,
the Federal Communications Commision. They are a federal regulatory commision.

Any time a valid complaint (be ready with names/dates/paperwork) the company is FINED and brought under more severe scrutiny. In short, the FCC may not let you know it, but the really light a fire under these companies for their incompetence.

But, because most people are unaware of whom to complain to, most of these companies get away with murder. A good example of a company who has flown under the FCC's radar is Sprint/Nextel.
The FCC covers multiple areas of communications, check out their website to see what they can do for you.
 28th of Mar, 2008 by   Upset customer 0 Votes
TIME WARNER STINKS!!! I can't get any one to pick up the phone. I have been on hold for over 20 minutes. THis is stupid. Can't anyone do anything about this. They have complete control over all tV in the dayton ohio area. Why doesn't the goverment step in and make them keep people on staff to help the customer. I HATE TIME WARNER !!!
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   richard torres 0 Votes
I aggree 100% with you since almost the same bad service situation and happened to me. I cant even get a complaint link or address since they refused to get me. they are just happy with the sales department that will make you wait over 48 minutes in my case, to later tell you that they will try to do better. I told them that I also rather to pay more than getting this type of treatmetn and lack of custommer concern. I WILL SWITCH TO ANYOTHER provider.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   marie lore 0 Votes
Time Warner Cable is a disgrace. My elderly father accidently mailed TWC his Bank of America check and the BOA check was sent to Cable. TWC cashed both checks and refuses to reimburse him. I have called and gone to the office on Staten Island. The supervisors lie to my face and continue to give me the run around. They promise me the check is in the mail or it is not their department or blah blah blah it has been going on for nearly 3 months. If I had cashed a check not made out to me - I WOULD BE IN JAIL. These bastards are getting away with criminal behavior. I am going to continue this fight so the next person can be saved from this horrible treatment.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   anononandon 0 Votes
They are trying to charge me 100$ after waiting 16 months to tell me to return the old modem!
Lets put them out of business!!!

AAA offers Safe Rides for New Years