logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (19 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
3. (22 mins ago)

Time Warner Complaints & Reviews - False advertising; spurious billing issues

Time Warner Cable Contacts & Informations

Time Warner

Posted:    Ted Austin

False advertising; spurious billing issues

Time Warner
timewarner.com
Time Warner states in clear, precise and unambiguos language on its website that all services are paid in advance of usage. I canceled my service after reading the FAQS on the website and communicating with an on-line TW rep under the belief that my service was paid before usage only to be hit with a $108.00 bill after I canceled.

In addition, they charged me $120.00 for a modem for internet service I never had. When I objected, they said it was for AOL internet service but their modem. I told them I never had an AOL DSL and demanded copies of all work orders and bills associated with this account.

I HAVE NEVER used AOL. Rather. I had AT&T internet. They claim I used the service for 5 years!! Now, they have turned the account over to a third party collection agency.

After I contacted the Mayor's office, they told me I misunderstood the on-line rep even though the rep said the same thing as the TW FAQS.

I am still waiting for some form of proof that I ever used the internet service but am being harrassed by phone and mail for unreturned equipment, that is. The modem.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Mar, 2011 by   Edward Bodine 0 Votes
I have also experienced fraudulent billing from Time Warner.

Well after I started subscribing to TW, a channel lineup I did not order had appeared on my bill. At the time I had enabled auto pay and unwittingly paid it for months. When I called to correct the mistake, I was told of this policy - They will not refund mistaken (or perhaps fraudulent charges) older than 90 days. In this day and age of banking auto pay, to me, seems it seems it should be illegal to charge for a service one did not receieved despite having mistakenly paid the bill. Having copared notes with co-workers, friends and family, I was informed I am not alone in having been mischarged by Time Warner Cable.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   Ekko_Johnny 0 Votes
In noticing that my monthly bill continued to increase, I called and spoke with a representative named, David (who would not give me a last name, nor did he have an agent number) and was told that Time Warner increases their premiums at a slow increase - so the customer does not take the hit of a large increase.

I gotta tell you - Time Warner is about the most scandalous company existing these days. Increasing without notification is stealing. There is noting in the contract stating Time Warner may charge fees at random.
Fortunately, I document each complaint and keep a record of each time the cable stops working. In the end, the executives who currently steal to send their children to college - will be doing without. It's a new era and companies like Time Warner will be hit with massive class action law suits in the next few years - enough to send their stock holders crying.

Stay persistent with the complaints and documentation. Time Warner has proven itself to have no boundaries when it comes to stealing from the public. They only continue to exist, because people don't speak up. By the way, this will be printed and mailed to Time Warner, as I will request it be placed with any other records associated with myself and Time warner.

Sleeping Comcast Employee