logo

Posted: 2011-08-21 by    Hooi Choon Teoh

Delayed Baggage

Tiger Airway
Singapore
We took Tiger Airway flight TR2966 from Singapore to Hong Kong on 13-Aug-2011. However, our luggage were not delivered to Hong Kong Airport upon arrival. According to Hong Kong Airport luggage handling team, there was a computer system problem at Singapore Budget Terminal and thus the luggages were not loaded into the same flight TR2966. The luggages were loaded on the subsequent flight to Hong Kong and arrived only at 11pm, 5 hours after arrival of flight TR2966. By then, we had went back to our home in Dongguan City in Guangdong, China.

To our disappointment, the Hong Kong luggage handling team informed us that they do not deliver the luggages outside Hong Kong. So we were forced to return to Hong Kong Airport on subsequent day, 14-Aug-2011 to claim the luggages. Since this is a problem caused by Tiger Airway, I requested them to provide compensation for my transportation expenses from Dongguan City to Hong Kong. The amount is RMB760. They could had spent similar or more expense to deliver the luggages to any destination in Hong Kong. To our disappointment again, they refused to pay for the it. It would be our last flight using Tiger Airway and strongly suggest others not to take Tiger Airway.
Comments Singapore Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jun, 2013 by   Irmawati 0 Votes
I also have the similar experience with Tiger Airways Singapore, my flight departure from Guangzhou to Singapore with flight number TR2983 on 11 June 2013. When I arrived at Changi Airport, I found that my luggage was not there (conveyor belt) for baggage claims. I have reported to the Lost&Found counter about it, and after checked they told me that there is no baggage such Tag number arrived to Changi airport, so possibilities my luggage still at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport and not it was not flown by Tiger Airways Flight number TR2983 together with me.
Lost&Found Counter at Changi Airport, made a report (Property Irregularity report) mentioned that my luggage lost/delayed and then sent it by email to Baiyun Airport.

Due I must continue my flight to the next airport (Indonesia) at the same day, so they said "better you just leave it with us" and we will inform you once the luggage send to Changi Airport and forward it to the Airport where my location is.

It has 11days lasting since my flight on 11June 2013, and they have not informed me yet about my luggage to date. I have follow up about it by sending email many times to Tiger Claims and Lost&Found SATS Changi Airport but NO Feedback, and after the 3rd times of my emails, finally there is a respond from Tiger Airways Baggage Claims
Charles Taylor Aviation; they replied my email and only wrote:" Sorry for delayed responding, we are still looking on your matter and will revert to you".

Until today, 21 June 2013 there is no more respond from them, and I am still awaiting my baggage will be sent back to the Airport where I am living as promised by the man at Changi Airport Lost&Found counter.
 1st of Aug, 2013 by   MARIYAM.ok 0 Votes
I had flight from Medan to Hyderabad (Transit to Singapore) on 23 July 2013.
When I arrived to Singapore to transit, I had made sure to the officer that don't forget to move my baggage to the next flight (Hyderabad).
But when I arrived to Hyderabad International Airport on 24 July 2013, my baggage wasn't there. I have reported to the Lost&Found counter about it !
Until today, 1 August 2013 there is no more respond from them, and I am still waiting my baggage will be sent back to the Hyderabad International Airport where I am living as promised by the man at Lost&Found counter.
Please, that baggage is very important.
This is My identity:
Name : MARIYAM
Flight No/date : RI 862/23 July 2013, TR 2624/23 July 2013
Routing Sector : MES/SIN/HYD
Baggage Tag Number : RI 202237.
Baggage description:
colour : black and purple
Contents : clothes and books
Brand Name : POLO
email : nui_yy8689@yahoo.com
 2nd of Aug, 2013 by   Irmawati 0 Votes
Passenger must be careful with Tiger Airways-due this airlines can not be contacted when you lost your baggage and they tend to refuse pay the compensation nor responsible for any lost/delayed baggage of passenger. Tiger Airways is very dangerous and their website is unclear, due there is no address/email to contact and their call center is no service for delayed/lost baggage report. Passenger is will be get blank when their baggage if lost or delayed.

I strongly recommended to passenger candidate that you must think twice if want to choose this airlines with baggage. If you have no choice and like or dislike you have to take this airlines, go ahead BUT you must consider to fly without baggage.

I watched at Changi Airport at Tiger Airways-Lost and Found room, which close to Toilet, and when I walked pass through this room, I was very surprised when I saw so many suitcases/ luggage of passenger were piled and scattered at Lost & Found Room.
How could the suitcases of passenger in a big big quantities around more than hundreds of suitcases/luggage has located and piled up at this room?? What's going on? I suspect there is a something wrong has happened and it has been lasting a long time due the quantities are very big, meaning those suitcase must be not from one airlines of Tiger, most possible they are from many flight of Tiger and collective.

Buying Real Estate for Back Taxes