logo

Cassandra Whiteside
Illegal Services/Harrassment
3. (27 mins ago)
Circle K
denied a roll of quarters
4. (1 hr 3 mins ago)

thrive

Posted:    Bankruptcy

Scam

Thrive
I signed on with Thrive in 2008. Was told I could cancel my contract within 3 days. On the night of my contract, my daughter was hit by a car. I called Thrive and told them I needed out of my contract because of my daughter's accident. THEY WOULD NOT LET ME OUT OF MY CONTRACT. So, $6000.00 and 2yrs. later because of them I have had to file bankruptcy because of their empty promises and lies. They said my site would be up and running in 2 wks. and I would have a pay check before my first credit card bill came. What a joke. Not only would they NOT let me out of my contract when I called within the 3 day time period, but they have not offered me no refund since I have never done the course after writting them letters. What a scam
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2010 by   M.A.D 0 Votes
Yes, I tried to cancel within 6 days too and they wouldn't cancel my contract either. That was a $5, 000 mistake for me. I wish I could get my money back too. Living in Canada makes it even more difficult...what a scam!!!
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   M.A.D 0 Votes
Yes, in 2009 I signed up for Thrive Learning Institute as well for the fee of $5, 000 Canadian dollars. I tried to get out of the contract within 6 days for personal reasons I explained to Thrive. To this day they will not refund my money...what a rip off!!! Stay away, use the helpful info on EBay, just as useful and much less expensive.
 30th of Oct, 2010 by   elent 0 Votes
I am another "victim" of Thrive - with $8000.00 of OPM debt incurred 08/2008. They definetly did not fulfill their end of the deal; and you get sick and tired of coping with them as they will not work for you. Despite explaining my inadequacies in the internet marketplace and my reliance on them for design and marketing sevices (my strengths are in accounting/ finance), and their promises to handle these aspects - it was not forthcoming. However, there is a lot of good information on their website with the videos and documentation, but it's tough for those new to this business; particularly if your not a typist/ good working on a computer. It's like you can spend your energy and time complaining/ lashing out at Thrive, or trying to recoup the $$ by learning the business. There are experts on-line, like found through www.guru.com that can provide the work and industry knowledge at very reasonable costs. I just found out about this option recently in a book about Advertising and the Internet (it's good to check out other internet training materials too), though, and can not provide a testimonial that this has led to success on the internet yet. Also, write-off the software costs on your tax returns to recover some of the expenses. Setting up a business structure of some sort is needed to do this, and has costs in and of itself, however may also keep you motivated towards getting your $$ with legitmate internet sales profit...Thrive is most frustrating because they do not help you to suceed and use illegal "bait and switch" tactics to make you buy as they do not get traffic/ sales to your site as claim will do, and should be shut down for this reason - but then their information is not available anymore to benefit from, although this can be located elsewhere for free most likely.

Lottery Scams and Online Coupons