logo

Empire international
exploiting minors
2. (12 mins ago)
Compugra systems Inc
Worst payroll processing and the President/Owner is the biggest liar.
3. (20 mins ago)
FT Natural Inc
They took full sum and told me that I wouldn’t get it back
4. (26 mins ago)

Posted:    Burt

Scam and cheating

Three Feathers Tobacco
threefeatherstobacco.com
This is a Native American cigarette manufacturer/seller, and I've been a customer for a year or two. This situation is very disheartening not only due to my $ loss but because I was happy with them and their personal contact ... and I recommended them to friends.

I always order 20 cartons at a time and did so this time. When the order was received, I realized it was six (6) cartons short. Wrote immediately and then continually for each following business day. Though the company has always been extremely friendly with almost immediate response to correspondence, not one acknowledgment from them has been received.

They are completely ignoring this matter, and I'm out approximately $100 with no recourse. BEWARE!

They even state on their site that they know mistakes happen, but I guess this mistake isn't one they want to address.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2009 by   Mrs Marcindy 0 Votes
Ditto on the above complaint. I too received no response after more than 2 months of trying. I filed a complaint with the NY Attorney General. I received a letter from the AG basically stating that 3 Feathers has some questionable (illegal) practices. I can no longer be involved with this company in any form. After I notified the AG I did receive my order and the reimbursement for shipping back the wrong order that I had received. Tread cautiously.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   jeff 0 Votes
Three feathers just took me for 44 dollars for some loose tobacco. They said the order was shipped, Then they said it was on hold, then they said they needed my ID faxed again. I faxed it several times, emailed a picture of it, now I get no response from them. looks like the fax goes to an apartment complex when I searched on reverse directory. I should have known better than to deal with this scam since there is no phone number to call.
 2nd of May, 2009 by   C Beyers 0 Votes
I sent Three Feathers my very 1st order through the mail with my check, and paper order, and copy of my driver's license (dumb ass!!). After two weeks I did not recieve the product, and Three Feathers already cashed my check I sent them with all the paper work (what the hell??). I have e-mailed Three Feathers and not a single response. This company or what ever it is will not get away with taking innocent law abiding United of States Americans money, and get away with it with out a fight !!
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   GERI1959 0 Votes
I HAVE BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO FOR YEARS.THEY ARE A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS BASED OUT OF BRANT, NY. THEY DO NOT HAVE A WEB SITE AND ONLY DO MAIL ORDERS.
THE WEB SITE POSTED WAS FORMED BY A SCAM ARTIST THAT TOOK THE LIBERTY OF USING THE NAME
"THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO." LAST I KNEW, PLAGIARISM WAS AGAINST THE LAW. AGAIN, THE REAL THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO IS A BUSINESS OUT OF BRANT, NY AND THEY DO NOT HAVE A WEB SITE!!!THE WEB SITE ON THE INTERNET IS NOT THE REAL THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO.THE NAME WAS STOLEN BY A SCAM ARTIST THAT IS IN NO WAY PART OF THE LEGITIMATE BUSINESS OF THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO.
THOSE THAT DEALT OR DONE BUSINESS WITH THE "THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO", ONLINE, PLEASE KNOW THAT WHAT IS ON THE INTERNET AS "THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO" IS NOT THE LEGITMATE BUSINESS, THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO, BRANT, NY.
AGAIN, THE LEGITIMATE THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO IS NOT ON THE INTERNET AND DOES NOT HAVE A WEB SITE.I ENCOURAGE ALL THAT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF FROM THE 'THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO, ON THE INTERNET, OF WHICH IS NOT A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS, TO REPORT ALL COMPLAINTS TO THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE.
THE REAL THREE FEATHERS TOBACCO OUT OF BRANT, NY IS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS AND WOULD GLADLY TAKE ORDERS AND ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.THE NUMBER-1-866-549-7249
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   betty kemp 0 Votes
I too ordered cartons from three feathers, irving ny. no delivery and no response to e-mails or faxes. scam rip off. betcha3844
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   betty kemp 0 Votes
I also ordered merchandise from threefeatherstobaccos.com. merchandise never arrived and no response to e-mails or faxes. many complaints listed on this company. a real rip off.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   mlsisneros 0 Votes
I have been doing business with the Three Feathers Tobacco website for almost 3 years. It is billed to my checking account as BigBuffalo. But I have never had a problem.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   nibor916 0 Votes
I placed my 2nd cig. order on the 20th of Jan. and still have not recieved them. I have emailed them several times & they were replying promptly, ... until Thurs. Feb. 4th. No communication since then. I'm out $140.00+. Guess I should have checked them out better than I did. No phone # on their website should have been a red flag.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   klacorrie 0 Votes
Placed second order 2-05-2010. Today is 2-11-2010. No USPS shipping notification yet. Being a lawyer.
I can't wait to deal with this one. If I don't receive the product. The scam will be all but over.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by   shouldaaquit 0 Votes
Me too!I was just trying to locate a phone # off the website(to no avail)And, thankfully found all of your comments. My echeck was cleared immediately on Jan 12/10 and no shipment thus far. They have not answered my repeated emails.It was for 5 cartons.Strange thing though.I have been buying from them for 2-3 yrs without a problem.What gives with that??
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   nicole v 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me and I am really upset! I ordered 2 cartons on 2/7, got an email on 2/9 that they were ready to ship, but never rec'd a shipment email from USPS like I normally do. I waited quite some time and finally emailed on 2/16. I did get a response that they were going to get the tracking # and email it to me later in the day. But nothing! I emailed again asking for it because $60 already came out of my account! I was dealing with a different company and wish I would have contined to do so.
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   jimbosmom57 0 Votes
Same here. Ordered on 3/22. Money taken out of account next day. Got a shipping confirmation number. sent 4 emails to different people. got no response. 4/16 sent fax. got home and had a voicemail waiting for me from the processing manager stating they were on backorder and didnt know why i didnt receive an email stating this. I almost would have believed him if it hadnt been for the 2 emails that i sent him personally in the past month which he never answered. Anyway he said they were mailed and i went into the tracking for USPS...and they were shipped and on their way.
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   ValerieNe 0 Votes
I have the opposite problem. Not only did I get the cigarettes I ordered, but, in another box I got 5 cartons for someone else. I've repeatedly emailed them and they have not advised me of what to do. I know how this happened. Apparently the order was the one after mine (as shown on the invoice) and they printed two address labels for me. I'm sending one more email. No response and I'll give them to a friend that smokes that brand.
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   DaniAlli8277 0 Votes
I placed an order from this website on June 21st for 5 cartons. I had ordered 3 or 4 times prior to that with no problem, but this time was different. I still had not received a tracking number on June 27th, so I wrote to them, they wrote back on the 28th and said that I may receive a tracking number as late as July 2nd. So July 2nd when I still had no tracking number or cigarettes I emailed again and now it is July 5th and I still have not received any answer from them. So I found this page, saw the number that "GERI1959" posted and called and spoke with a woman who stated that their website is "3" not "three" feathers and that their old web designer Craig Chiavetta stole their website and is doing business illegally. She stated that he is not licensed by the Seneca Indians because he is a white man and his business is all illegal. The only good point that came out of it is that she told me that they got a "stay" and can still take orders, so if anyone wants to call the real 3feathers to place an order, the number is listed above on "GERI1959"'s post. NowI'm off to the bank to try and get my money back!
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   C Rushton 0 Votes
I also placed an order with Three Feathers tobacco company...they took my money out of my checking account and kept telling me my order was delayed and then they couldn't ship the product and would return my money but that the company they used to refund checks was having problems...one excuse after another is what I got!!! I don't know about the rest of you but I can't afford to lose this money. Can someone tell me how to contack the NY Attorney General Please?? Please post the information so that all of us that have had trouble with this company can contact the right athorities. These people should not be allowed to get away with this!!
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   MissyE 0 Votes
I placed a large order on June 20th, the last day they could take orders before the PACT act passed. They sent me a tracking number on June 23rd, but the tracking info has never been updated since! I have sent them at least 6 emails and got ONE response to the first email, stating simply that they have a large volume of orders and are backed up.. Unfortunately, it became illegal to mail cigarettes as of June 30th. I have been filling their inbox with complaints and gotten NO response since my first e-mail. They won't even tell me if I'm getting my cigarettes or getting a refund! I have threatened to call authorities if I don't get a response this week. Unfortunately there is no phone number or address on the website. Only a PO box. It's going to be hard to get my money back (that is if they ever answer my e-mails)
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   tileman100 0 Votes
I have done business with three feathers tobacco for several years and never had a problem until now. On June 19 I ordered 15 cartons (3 times my normal amount) because of the PACT act. I have e-mailed them several times and did not recieve a response until today. The response was that the US attorney William Houser was investigating all indian cigarette businesses and has frozen all thier money. I think this is a load of bull. On thier website one of the links says that a judge has put a stay on the law for 2 weeks. I intend to call the US attorney general for New York (the only thing I could find for attorney Houser says he is out of Pennsylvania. I am also calling my bank to see if they can do anything. It has been my experience in these situations that we are all out of luck.
tileman1
Tues. 7/6/10 @ 9:30pm EDT:

Ditto what Tileman100 said above.

6/21/10 First time ever I ordered from threefeatherstobacco.com website, placed big order (their max limit 30 cartons) due to PACT Act (stock up!), paid by echeck. Then sent ID an hour later. $$$ was deducted right away, shows Big Buffalo at my bank website.

6/22/10 Got email from Matt Mallon requesting more shipping address verification. Zapped that by email.

6/23/10 Got confirmation that all documentation was approved & order was sent to processing.

6/23-28/10 Waited for USPS Tracking #. Never came.

6/28/10 Emailed them asking would order be shipped before PACT deadline? No answer.

Fri. 7/2/10 Emailed again asking what now? since PACT deadline had passed? No answer.

Sat.-Sun. 7/3-4/10 Spent all weekend researching internet to find more info on company & reading all news articles re PACT reprieve for some sellers, etc. Rechecked their website, said now "Closed." Rechecked my bank site to look more closely at the Big Buffalo debit from 6/21-22/10 & noticed the phone # with the debit entry & called that # & it said Disconnected. That's when I started to get nervous. :-/

Sat. 7/3/10 Left 2 voice msgs on answering machine at TCL ENTERPRISES, Irving NY, because via researching online, I found that InternetSmokes.com is connected to TCL & they both use same Fax # as ThreeFeathersTobacco. Online manta corporation search info had a ph number for TCL so that's what I called & got answer machine.

Sat. 7/3/10 I also sent another email to ThreeFeathers.

Mon. 7/5/10 Was going to call Seneca Nation HQ as I had read at another rip off report site entry from last year which ended well for that person & they retracted their complaint once they were able to speak to owners of ThreeFeathersTobacco.com (which they were able to do by calling the Seneca Nation HQ & ask for Business Permits Office who connected customer with owners). But before doing that I decided to first call the Seneca Free Trade Assoc. to ask if ThreeFeathersTobacco.com &/or InternetSmokes.com &/or TCL Enterprises (all three have same Fax # per internet searches) were among the 140 businesses included in the PACT reprieve & could still ship temporarily, at least until next court date tomorrow, Wed 7/7/10? (which I had read in newspaper articles online). Nice older (Indian-sounding) lady took all my info & said they would find out & call me back.

Mon. 7/5/10 A short time later another very nice lady called me back, from Big Buffalo Smokes, didnt sound Indian, not that that matters to me. :) She was VERY nice & I feel her compassion was sincere & truthful. She said it has been chaos & stress, not just because of PACT deadlines, but because the feds confiscated all echeck monies due to some investigation going on for awhile which they knew nothing about until their bank/echeck company called & told them the feds took all the echeck $$. (Paper check orders they had been able to fulfill first). But that they had no idea where all the echeck $$ is exactly & that all the men were going to be meeting the next day at court to figure out what's going on. (I was confused since I was thinking of the PACT reprieve court date of Wed. 7/7/10 I had read in paper, but this must be separate re that investigation.) She said they, Big Buffalo (which is stated on ThreeFeathersTobacco.com website) is their biz & they have a local shop plus internet, & they do care about their customers, that all this hurts their reputation terribly, etc. She said at first her hubbie (I'm not sure who that is) thought he had been the only one targeted by feds, but later they found out many shops had the same thing happen. She took all my info & said she would check their local shop the next day to see if they had in stock the brands I had ordered, etc. & she would call me the next day. She called me from her cell & said I now had her cell & could call her any time. I had also asked, Why not put something on their website so customers don't have to keep wondering what's going on? Basically she said no way did they want to tick off the feds so they figured they should just not put info on website about it.

Tues. 7/6/10 (today): No call from the above nice Big Buffalo lady (she may call tomorrow or I can call her) but I did get 2 emails in reply to my emails of 7/2/10 & 7/3/10, one from William Welch (TCL & ThreeFeathersTobacco) & the other from Craig Chiavetta. Both emails said same thing, same as described by previous poster, that all echeck monies were held by investigation by Asst US Atty William Houser, & that Houser has given them no info to date as to when the funds will be released, but as soon as the funds are released they will issue refunds, etc.

I emailed back Thank You's for the updates but since this type of investigation could drag on for years, why should customers be penalized & should I contact Houser directly, & did Chiavetta have an email addy for Houser? Chiavetta responded in short measure with phone # for Houser.

(Houser # is in PA, yet TCL & ThreeFeathersTobacco, etc. are in Irving NY, per online searches. Not being familiar with that area, I don't know why a PA atty is investigating NY businesses? Maybe Houser got transferred to NY?)

By this time it was after office hours so I did not call the Houser # yet. Will try tomorrow, Wed. 7/7/10; & also keep an eye on newspapers up that way to see what the PACT hearing results are.

Hope this helps allieve some anxieties for anyone who may have ordered/paid by echeck. The problem with complaints to feds is stuff just like this. Best to always try to deal with the businesses themselves vs calling in the Nanny Police State who is already against all smokers anyway. Granted, ThreeFeathersTobacco.com & Big Buffalo could definitely use more employees to monitor & answer emails right away from a real person vs genetic replies & have a direct phone # on their site (vs a fax line) & not leave people hanging, now or in years past. Definitely not good business practice to leave customers wondering & waiting. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are crooks either, at least I would like not to think so because they were very nice once I got to talk to the Big Buffalo lady. I sent her a big thank you email yesterday because of her compassion. I think maybe they are not that big of a company, just family, & hard to keep up with all the workload.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Still_Hopeful 0 Votes
Typo! I meant generic email replies, not genetic replies, lol.

And too funny, as I was completing the above post, I look up at the TV & what do I see? A group of BUFFALOS out in a large field, lol, no joke. A country singer, Carroll Roberson, its his program & he & wife always go to scenic locations to sing their songs. Too funny at the timing!
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Still_Hopeful 0 Votes
I will post all the info I found & Houser # in a bit. Got to take a "smoke break, " lol.

How to Protect Older Americans From Fraud