logo

Net10 & Tracfone
Poor service!
2. (15 mins ago)
Debbie Travis
Debbie Travis does not stand behind her products
3. (18 mins ago)
Woolite
Stinks
4. (28 mins ago)
TheHorizonOutlet.com
Misleading credit card company!
5. (28 mins ago)
Linksys
They screw you on the warranty

Consumer Tips & Tricks

The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud

The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau
THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU of Dallas, TX. sent me a letter requesting five dollars to enter a sweepstakes. This is suspicious because I have never heard of this company.

I do not believe I will have a chance to win $12 million dollars by entering this sweepstakes, and I would like to see this company prosecuted for sending fraud mail through the US mail service. This is the second letter of this nature I have received from this company this month.

I would be helpful to know how to report such rip-offs to the authorities. This bogus company needs to be shut down and should not be allowed to use the US mail to deliver their scams to the public.

Please, somebody go to this post office box and find out why these people are trying to rip us off.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jul, 2008 by   Annie Wood +1 Votes
I just received the same thing in the mail today. Funny thing though, I thought it was somehow some sort of auditing letter, like a sub-division of the IRS, only I knew it wasn't because it didn't have any source name, just a PO Box. That's what tipped me off first. Second, it was un unrecognizable name. I say, if it sounds phony, it probably is. Plus, no legitimate sweepstakes requires you to send in money. These nut jobs are truly sad and pathetic if this is how they earn their money. I'm sure there's somewhere on the web we can file a complaint. Though, it would be nice if it wasn't so hard to find.
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   Mary Ann Wendt +1 Votes
Being the address or P O Box are being mailed from Dallas, Texas I'm going to try to contact the Authorities and the Better Business Bureau from the area of Dallas Texas to see if they can't put a stop to this Scam which is trying to extort money from people with this sort of ROTTEN SCAM . Surely there must be some Bank Acct. that they use to cash in the
checks from some of those poor misguided people that are led to believe it to be a for real sweepstakes ! I just received this supposedly sweepstakes audit in the mail today 4-30-2009, for direct contact my e-mail is
 6th of May, 2009 by   missinglink 0 Votes
the company is still preying on the gullible and the eternal optimist. spread the word to friends and neighbors. see the report at:

The solicitation, which requests that consumers return a "claim form" along with $5, offers to sell a report that lists national sweepstakes operated by other, third-party, companies and the prizes to be awarded in those sweepstakes. The offer is not clear and conspicuous.
As of August 29, 2008, Emerson Publishing agreed to discontinue some advertisements, but refused to fully cooperate with the BBB by modifying all of its advertisements to adhere to the BBB Code of Advertising.
 27th of May, 2009 by   Paula Barrino 0 Votes
I, too, have received numerous letters from this and other Foundations, Distrubuting places, Marketing establishments, etc. They ALL profess that you need not pay anything and then you receive a letter (finally after NUMEROUS ones from them) claiming you have won huge amounts of money. All you need do is send a processing fee of from $5 up to $29 (is what my correspondences claim).
How inhumane can this be? I am an individual who has hrs. to a doctorate degree and can't work because I've been deemed disabled. I recive SSI. That in itself says a lot. I don't believe our country would not consider the less fortunate (yet highly blessed as I), poorer persons who would be taken for these types of fraudulent activities. It is so mean, inconsiderate and should be outlawed. If the government fined such establishments of persons to whom this is applicable, they (gov't) could build resouces on this alone to pay off some debts.
This is a hard, careless, cruel world wherein such activity can be permitted to continue affecting millions of lower class, poor people. It not only destorts one's inner-being, but it is just pure LOW-DOWN!
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   cynthia gaskins 0 Votes
yes i have receive mail containing to the money and i do agree something has to be done about it.Times are hard and all they can think about is scanning money from people.I hope they get these people and lock them up and return people money. syntheticgaskins@hotmail.com
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   sunsetangel +1 Votes
About 3 months ago I fell for this and sent the 5 dollars. About a week later, I got another one asking for 19 dollars. I feel that people in general are responsible for their own choices. However, this scam is rather cruel to offer such a "chance" at much needed wealth. The fraudulent hope is just NOT right. This company and or person should be ashamed of themselves and punishment by law should be enforced.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   Judy Harrison 0 Votes
I want to thank you for this site. I just received the letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau asking for the $5 processing fee for eligibility to win $12, 000, 000.00. At first I thought maybe it was from Publishers Clearing House!! But they don't ask for any " processing fee!"... I thought: "I'm going to Google this first". sure enough...all your great warnings proved my instincts were right! Thanks for the info!!
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   fasttrac 0 Votes
I just recieved a letter today.
Thanks for the warning-scam artists.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   Rottie 0 Votes
Yes, I live in Indiana and I got one. Thought it sounded fishy and voila ! it is.
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   Fr. Allen 0 Votes
If it comes in e-mail, hit the delete. If you send anything by USPS contact your Post Office and file a mail fraud charge. Always keep all information. There is no processing fee involved in "honest" sweepstakes. Never send money to enter a sweepstakes. Remember, "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is". The same thing with these e-mail inheritance and Sweepstakes scams. An inheritance should cost you nothing to collect, any fees will be documented and paid by you after receipt of the funds and it has cleared the bank.
Inheritances are never handled by e-mail. The IRS does not notify you of money sent or owed by e-mail. The internet is the biggest medium for easy rip-offs. And when dealing in products, know the people you are dealing with, "Let the Buyer Beware".
Lastly; If you receive an e-mail that says there are problems with a bank or credit account (or PayPal, e-bay or whatever.) Delete the e-mail and do not use their click-link. Contact your company by phone or through your own provided internet URL. In most e-mail cases you can forward the whole e-mail to the company with the e-mail address that you always use from your address book. I hope this helps someone. There is no such thing as "get rich quick".
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Dominee Reddick (A. K. A. D-Reezy) 0 Votes
I want to know do the people that work in the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse; which is Sweepstakes Audit Bureau that is, do they got the $5 fee and that claim form to processed it? If it does, they said it should be arrived in 3 days but it didn't arrive in 3 days, it arrives more; especially greater than 3 days. It expires on September 30, 2009. So, it should be arrived in the middle of October 2009. My question to the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse, why is they didn't sent me the money?
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   RANDALL CARTER 0 Votes
IM WONDERING WHY THEY SEND OUT LETTERS TO EVERYONE THAT THEY HAVE WON 12, 000, 000.00 AND NEVER RECEIVE THE MONEY LIKE REQUESTED LIKE THE LETTER STATES.SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK THAT I SENT OUT FOR THE FEE, OR I'LL SUE THIS COMPANY FOR ALL I CAN GET OUT OF THEM
 12th of May, 2010 by   Paul190060 +1 Votes
0This Company sure has lots of money HUH??
I got the same letter. Someone has to step up and get this off of peoples mailing list.
Why can't something be done about this letter.
Are we all that stupid? NO! we are not. Let us use this letter to get these peoples or persons.

is there anyone who would like to try and help me out here???

e-mail me at paulr.nelson@earth-comm.com
 29th of May, 2010 by   Mardis 0 Votes
I to have receved a letter from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. I thought the $5 dollar fee reasonable, but thought I would see what I counl find. I'm glade that I found this site. I certanly will not send in my entry. Thanks to all who wrote about the Audit Bureau. Good job!!!
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   Rhoda5 0 Votes
Thank you for all your letters/complaints. I, too have received this letter! Well, this company will not received my $5.00. This scam should be stopped! Take care everyone!
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   Tiffany Johnson 0 Votes
Check being mailed to house wanting 5$ for a fee
 3rd of Jul, 2010 by   Cecilia Enright 0 Votes
Well, I keep getting these letters that I have won millions!! The catch is, that you must send money in order to "register". Don't fall for it. it's a scam...If you have entered a sweepstakes and thwy tell you you have won, but you must send a certain sum...don't do it. it is illegal and the whole thing is a scam to get your $5.00 or even $ 659.!! Report this to USPostal service, if it came in the mail and if it's a phone call, report to US Fraud Dept. Be aware, be wise, be careful. Cecilia enright, Daly City CAlifornia
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   p.a.m 0 Votes
i have got this letter and my daughter send money and then i look it up and it was a rip off i got 20 letters but we should put a end to it
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   StewP 0 Votes
I have had these letters periodically. The last time I did not send $5.00, just the form.

I had exactly the same response as when I sent in $5.00. I knew it made no sense to send $5.00 and hope to win $12 million.
They would have to get a lot of fivers with how frequent these letters come. I would guess 3 times a year.

This is the first time I went to the scam search and saw these letters.

I will save postage.

They should be reported in Dallas, but seeing how Dallas is where bush is from, I doubt that it would do any good.
So maybe someone should start a class action lawsuit.

stew
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   WASHERWOMAN 0 Votes
JUST GOT A SWEEPSTAKES REPORT AND REQUEST FOR $5 TODAY. THAT MAKES 4 JUST FOR TODAY. LAST WEEK IT WAS THE MICROSOFT E-MAIL LOTTERY. ALSO CALLED THE 419 SCAM. LETTERS ARE COMING FROM ENGLAND, NETHERLANDS. SCOTLAND, HALIFAX BANK IS INVOLVED. IF U GO TO 419SCAM U WILL FIND MUCH INFO ON THESE RIP-OFFS. THEY CAN BE REPORTED AND RESEARCHED. THESE LETTERS COME IN AT 2-10 A WEEK. THE SPELLING OF MY NAME IS FROM A MAGAZINE I ORDERED OUT OF TEXAS 4 YEARS AGO. THEY MUST HAVE SOLD THE MAILING LIST AND NOW IT IS EVERYWHERE. THESE SCAMS ARE LIKE COCKROACHES. JUST CANT GET RID OF THEM

Fake Airline Promises Free Tickets