logo

Posted:    Maddie Savoya

Derauding eBay Buyers

The Purse Forum
New York
The Purse Forum is defrauding innocent eBay buyers and sellers every day with false "authentications" and by promoting the sales of mirror image fake bags as authentic to naive visitors who think it's a help board. High-end handbag are a huge business on eBay at $1, 000 and up apiece. Because of this financial lure sellers at eBay are having extraordinary issues with what amounts to turf warfare, being waged by the organized assaults from The Purse Forum members.

This internet wolf in sheep's clothing is owned and run with an iron fist by the Eastern-European Dusil, family. TPF members are routinely selling mirror counterfeits on eBay using the method I describe below. TPF has teams of Jr members, trying to work their way onto the protected list, police eBay daily and file report copious reports to eBay falsely claiming the bags other sell are counterfeits. Since sellers who aren't told who reported them most don't even realize what has happened. Once a seller is on eBay's suspected list they can't sell that bag on eBay again. TPF "police" repeat this until sellers are banned from eBay, thus killing their competition. They also avoid eBay fees by diverting sales from eBay via the relationships they make on the TPF site. Once the eBay customer is on TPF site with potential buyers they exchanging contact info via the private messaging and sell off site direct.

Their scam begins with TPF members directing their eBay customers to go the Purse Forum to have the bag "authenticated". This takes the worry out of buying a bag on eBay. Little does the buyer know that the moderators of the site all have lists with members eBay site names. The site requests you link to the pictures for inspection. If the link comes from a seller site on the list and is being sold by one of their own member under TPF's protection, well then it's an automatic thumbs up...100% Authentic!! If you're not one of their then it is either questionable of fake.

The Purse Forum is a sham site that empowers it's totally unqualified members with the power to "authenticate" handbags listed on eBay. Their only qualifications for making you an expert "authenticator"? You simply sign up, put your two cent worth in by commenting and you are an expert!Thus the Purse Forum destroys its competition and controls the sales of the expensive bags on eBay, all the while, giving the illusion of saving the seller from counterfeits.

They are effectively proliferating the sales of counterfeits to an unsuspecting buyer unhampered... free to distribute the counterfeits tax-free and without the chance of legal intervention. Remember these women are already victims of peer pressure (who spends $2000 on a bag?) so when numerous experts chime in at once (usually the same person with several user names) that this bag is authentic and so wonderful they are excited, impressed and primed to buy.

This is basically the same methods My Poupette was using before the LV lawsuit against eBay and TPF site. eBay is allowing TPF to sell their mirror counterfeits, abuse and exile their good sellers and eBay is losing many millions per year because of the strong arm tactics of these crafty and experienced professionals in knocking off authentic listings. The scariest part is they seem unable to find any way to control their behavior on their own eBay site!

Please write eBay and ask them to do some reconnaissance work here and learn what I'm talking about to prevent the next lawsuit. LV, and several other companies are already involved in investigating The Purse Forum site.

Contact eBay via the instant help and complaint often if you want to see them banned from eBay. And write to the FBI's internetcrime division ( http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx ) and file a complaint.

Comments United States Ebay Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -2 Votes
I have been a top rated Coach bag seller on ebay since 2002. I tried to get on the purse forun just to have fun. I was immediately attacked and my entire purse site disected and insulted. Even tho I have almost 700 100% positive feedback score with HUNDREDS of extremely happy buyers, iw as to feel like I should just go away.
After watching these 'certain regulars' that monopolize this forum, I noticed it wasn't just me they would run off. It was MANY others as well. I began to defend these poor ladies that were being attacked. The 'clique' is rude and insulting.
I then figured out the scam all on my own. They are using this forum to monopolise the handbag sales on ebay. There is power in numbers, I will be sending this complaint forum to everyone I saw that was attcked on that board. Hopefully we can be rid of them. They are crooks and should all be in jail.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
I have no idea who _ you_are ~ and I have no idea who POLO is either. You guys have NO CLUE WHAT you are even saying. I am SICK of all you FALSE accusations.Why do you think I am somebody named polo?? Apparently someone else must be having the same 'fun' I did on the board that I did, and you think it's me? Shows what you know...NOTHING! I have clearly signed into this forum as flyincoach and it says so in my first post, you know, on the name part?? Can you read??.
FYI; that board has ALOT more disguted ENEMIES than just me. I swear oin my DUAGHTER's LIFE that I have NO CLUE who the hell POLO is.
I am top rated AUTHENTIC Coach bag seller on ebay. You can TRY to discredit me all you want . You WON'T do it. You all are very RUDE to any other sellers that aren't on your 'list' and I for ONE am NOT putting up with it.YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE PLAYING WITH.You all just insulted the WRONG person.
I came on the forum to have fun and make friends with folks I THOUGHT had something in common with, and all I got was disrespected and hassled by a bunch of know it all wanna be's, who don't know beans from barley.
I see them hassle other sellers who get on the board, all the time, and I even defended a couple of them that I felt sorry for. All they do on that board is hassle good people, tear up their listing and give out FALSE information.
What is really a joke, is how they SNITCH and report at least 50 sellers everyday, and then they call others who 'lurk on the forum 'spies'?? LOL! They thoroughly investigate anyone who comes on the board, including their past purchases, selling etc. Report everything that they 'think' is wrong, and then they call others spies??? What a JOKE! They all are the biggest spy snitches I have ever seen and have caused alot of perfectly good sellers alot of problems. Yes, there are alot of counterfiet bags available. (not on my site) It's really too bad they don't get paid for all that snitching. I am purseonally too busy to bother with such krap. I guess you think you are saving the world.
BOTH forums put one of my bags on the posts, AFTER all the arguing I did with them, and tried to 'insinuate' without actually SAYING it, that the bags were 'questionable'. This was a nasty and deliberate 'attempt' to discredit me. Thank goodness most NORMAL people don't sit on a sit PURSE forums and have orgasms over purses all day! LOL! MY CUSTOMERS are all VERY HAPPY and satisfied. There can be no reason other than what this forum is saying, that better explains their behavior.
Perhaps you are unaware of the MISSION of these forums and are actually naive to what they are all about. Maybe you feel a part of something you think is good?? I have no idea. This info wasn't put on the internet by me. I discovered it on a google search about purse forums. It sure does explain the treatment that I, and so may other sellers get when getting onto those forums. I really hope it's not true. There is an investigation going on as we speak and it will all be disclosed eventually.
Who are these so called 'experts'. Do you even have a clue?? And WHY do so many people BLINDLY believe everything they say?? WHAT are their qualifications?? Are they CERTIFIED?? Do they have a license to autheticate these bags?? Did they go to a college for this?? DO THE COMPANIES KNOW that they are representing them? ANy one with a BRAIN would want to know the answers to these questions!

I have been collecting Coach for 3o years and I know them VERY well...I would never take on the 'self appointed position' of authenticating all of their bags!!! Altho I did submit a number of a fake that is in circulation, that wasn't even ON the EXPERTS list. You will see it in post 271 of the ebay porse forum. It is now ON the list. I have several MORE that are NOT on the list, that I was going to submit, but why should I ? They DO NOT know it all. I am hated because THEY KNOW, that I KNOW who the FAKES are, and it's NOT JUST, the purses.
What is really a shame is all the innocent people that really love purses and just want to have fun. I know for a fact that many of them get turned off by all the nasty posts and remarls. I am sorry I had ANY part of it and NO ONE will ever see me a part of it again. I 'have a life'

And WHAT 'consequenses' are you talking about that I have brought on myself?? I have suffered no consequnces of anything. Where do you come up with this bull?? If you are referring to not getting onto the PURSE forum, do you really think I could care less or even WANT to go on there anymore? Do you think it's FUN to be arguing with a bunch of imbussiles?? LOL! PA~ LEEASE. Just the couple of weeks I was there was enough of a waste of time for me and so is this. However THIS forum, makes sense...Jerri
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
Sorry, who_I_am, I meant 'brightalberta, ...I have no idea who bright alberta is, or polo...
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
PS...I know how to spell, I just can't type! LOL!
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach 0 Votes
Hey 'NOT TOO BRIGHT' Nobody here is going to listen to you, so go back to being brainwashed by the wonderful 'experts'. They may have you impressed, but not anyone here. If you really search all of the posts here, ours are the most recent...it takes some digging around, but you will be astonished by the hundreds of us who are on to that scam. WAKE UP!
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach 0 Votes
One more thing NOT TOO BRIGHT...it is apparent you are part of both boards. What GREAT credentials!
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   PURSESNATCHER 0 Votes
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist...my question is: Why do the posters on the purse forum with the most posts have "posting names" and private feedback? What are they hiding? This is really disturbing to me.

flyincoach: I have looked at your current listings and your feedback. To my knowledge you can't be a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback unless you're doing something right. I would gladly buy from you with confidence. Don't let the Ebay Purse Forum groupies with their private feedback get to you. You have been above board since day one as far as I can see and they hide their seller IDs and feedback. Who do you think people will trust in the long run?

By the way...beautiful Coach purses!
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   divakat +1 Votes
How is what you are doing any different? You are advertising that you are a top rated Coach seller here, yet saying everyone on the Purse Forum is a liar or scammer! How can you lump everyone into the same category? Oh, I guess that is just for those who do not agree with you or have a differing opinion right?
I am not a seller, I am a buyer and the people on the board have given valuable information to me and others. It is a risk buying anything on ebay with all the scammers and fakes out there. I have found that although they are not always "sweet and nicey, nice" they are always truthful. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Many, many times I have seen buyers and sellers come to the boards looking for validation while knowing they were in the wrong and got called out on it. As for digging into someone's selling or buying history... so what, it's there, it is public information, why would anyone care if they didn't have something to hide?
And as for the "Conspiracy Theory" of hiding behind posting IDs?? It is so nasty people like yourself can't sabotage their buying IDs because they didn't agree with you. I have never seen anyone on the boards promoting their own buying IDs or advertising (like some people do). You flyincoach are just a frustrated, vindictive person who is mad because no one wanted to play your games and are now taking it out on any and everyone who you perceive as your enemy.
I don't care that your bags are real, I wouldn't buy from you if you were the last Coach seller on ebay. You have a nasty attitude and a self-rightous demeanor that turns me off. Just remember when you are pointing your finger at someone else, you have 4 others pointing back at you. Maybe instead of finding fault with others, you should examine your behavior more closely. You say you didn't care about TPF either or getting kicked off, but you sure were quick to call them names when you did. So who's the liar here? hmmmm?
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   PURSESNATCHER -1 Votes
divakat:
sabotage is exactly what the posters are doing to sellers like flyincoach and others who have opinions that differ from the regular posters (the ones with thousands of posts and private feedback). Some of them claim to know personal information about the sellers they are trashing. Either they are liars or stalkers. Check out this thread:

FRAUD & HARASSMENT FROM THE PURSE FORUM ON EBAY

reasonable-and-informed claims to have personal information about certain sellers. Read her posts...where I come from they call that stalking and it is illegal.

I don't post to the purse forum but I have read posts on occasion as they pertain to items I am interested in. I thought it was informative but it seems more like they are trashing sellers that aren't part of their little clique. A google search brought me here and what these women have been saying is what I have witnessed on numerous occasions.

They have zero proof that flyincoach is selling fakes, yet they have trashed her repeatedly. Why? I would buy from flyincoach...She obviously has nothing to hide, including her opinoins. I admire anyone who stands up for what they believe in even though they know it means being trashed in some forum.

Just saying...
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
More name calling...I am a 'frustrated, vendictive, liar' and the poster 'pursesnatcher is 'nasty' just more of the same from te purse forum folks! LOL!

I remember an old saying, something about 'sticks and stones'? COme on back and do some more classy name calling. Just proves my point and what I have been subject to on the purse forums . Must be your favorite passtime. Have at it. Gosh! I just LOVE these forums. Such nice folks...
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach 0 Votes
Pursesnatcher & Guess_who_I_am; Thanks so much for all of your kind words and for bothering to take notice of, any of the hard work that I do. Selling authentic designer handbags is not easy, as you can see. Don't let all of this turn you off. There are a lot of wonderful folks out there. i deal with them daily on my ebay site.They keep me going and just completely over ride any of this nonsence.
I must say, these ladies that like their designer bags are really picky tho! I am amazed that i have been able to make them all so happy! It really hasn't been easy. I'd like for any of these crtics to try it once. I wonder how they would like to work so hard, and to have jealous competitors trying to discredit them all the time? Until they walk a mile in my shoes, they have NO CLUE. Thank God, it hasn't hurt me a bit.
I see that I am not the only one who notices how rude and insulting they are to other sellers.As long as my buyers are happy, so am I. All the rest is 'what it is'. Again, thanks for your kind words. Glad I'm not the only one who sees what's going on here.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   PURSESNATCHER -1 Votes

Well guess_who_I_am...the ebay purse forum has lost credibility with me. The comments by informed_and_reasonable on the above thread on this site are all the proof I need to determine who the crazy ones are.

Best of luck to you with your ebay business and I would like to commend you for standing your ground. It's what makes you and other sellers like flyincoach stand apart from the rest.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   PURSESNATCHER -1 Votes
reasonable_and_informed is the posters name...not informed_and_reasonable...either way, she is neither.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   PURSESNATCHER -1 Votes
my mistake: the poster is reasonable_and_informed...not informed_and_resonable. Either way, she is neither.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
By the way, I have everyone of them on my BBL and ebay said they can connect accounts to other accounts and not to worry. I suggest you do the same Guess _ Who...Later Jerri
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
Check this out! This is a new 'announcement ' from the TPF. (the purse forum) pasted as follows...

January 11, 2010
TPF changes re: designer interaction
We wanted to let you all know that we have made a change in rules regarding designers, eBoutiques, and their companies interacting on tPF. As of now, we are no longer allowing designers, eBoutiques, and their companies to interact on tPF with its members. This includes the posting of announcements, sales, special orders, and private messaging.

As our forum continues to grow, we have run into troubles keeping a level playing field for all designers and eBoutiques. Hence, we considered this a necessary step.

We will soon have new options available for all designers and eBoutiques that will enable them to reconnect with our crowd.

If you need to be in contact with a designer, their rep, or eBoutique, you need to do so via official channels off tPF. Previously participating companies have been made aware of this as well.

Thanks all and hope 2010 is going great for you so far!

Hmmm...layin low, perhaps? Hiding something? Like therir fake handbag sites?? Very suspicious. I have noticed alot of changes on both purse forums lately. Must be feeling the 'heat'...
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   faint +2 Votes
Geez Lousie...you have yet *another* thread whining about how you can't be part of this purse forum? You seriously need to let it go and move on. Unless people on that forum sold you a fake, I don't see why you have any right to complain here. It just sounds like you a very, very bitter you can't be part of their community. Suck it up.

Oh, and I notice I'm not the only one who thinks all these IDs are you based on your grammar and writing style. A drama queen and a troll--makes for good entertainment. Sad, but good.
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   wegolookfan 0 Votes
There is some great news regarding auction item fraud- a nationwide company with over 1, 500 agents launches February First. They will go, in person, to verify an auction item for you to make sure it is legitimate and they will even take the item to UPS or Fed Ex to ship it to you! The company is called Wegolook.com and here is a general description of them:

WeGoLook is an online service that provides visual confirmation and a personalized report, completed by a real person, to verify a prodcut, person, place or thing. WeGoLook customers will be better informed, avoid costly surprises, plus benefit from unbiased confirmation without having to travel.

It might be helpful to you and others to utilize their services before getting scammed- especially high-end auction items.
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach -1 Votes
wegolookfan; thank you for that information. I will check it out. I may need to use it to defend all of the false accusations I have been getting. I hope they are not too expensive. Thanks again...Jerri
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   the REAL flyincoach 0 Votes

Who are you referring to? First of all, this is not my thread. i am just a poster on this thread. Secondly, you couldn't pay me to be on either one of those rediculous forums. I made a MISTAKE of going on there to try to have friendly converstion about a common subject of designer handbags, and was attacked by the regulars there. I have since, not bothered with it and could really care less. Might want to address the party you are talking to. Must be the poster of this thread? There are 5 or 6 different threads on this complaints board from differnt posters.

3 Investments to Avoid This Year