logo

Bravofly
Travel Agent Nightmare
2. (1 mins ago)
Butterball Bullies-Dogue de Bordeaux
Failure to honor health certificate
3. (1 mins ago)
1800loanmart
loan sharking
4. (2 mins ago)
Acai Berry Pure
Unortorized charge
5. (2 mins ago)
Alisan Bus
Alisan bus wasted passengers time

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Preserve at Boynton Beach, Hollywood, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Dishonest unscrupulous developer

The Preserve at Boynton Beach Contacts & Informations

The Preserve at Boynton Beach

Posted:    Sasha L.

Dishonest unscrupulous developer

Cornerstone Group
Hollywood, Florida
preserveboyntonbeach.com
I purchased a home here at The Preserve in January, 2008. There were NUMEROUS ISSUES with regards to my purchase that led me to become quite dissatisfied with living in this community. Now, the icing on the cake. I have been feeling ill for quite some time. Went for a complete check-up, nothing could be found. Started hearing about CHINESE DRYWALL. Researched the health effects and I have most of the symptoms. Contacted the developer (VP of Cornerstone Mara Mades) and she sent her construction supervisor Tony Gizzi here to check for it. He said that my air conditioner coils looked good. He said that my electrical recepticles looked good. He went in my attic and took photos of the drywall and stated that it did not appear that I had chinese drywall, however he was going to forward then pics to a chinese drywall inspector and get back with me. This was 11/09/09.He also said that they knew about the toxic chinese drywall before my unit was constructed and have letters on file from all sub-contractor's and supplier's that it would not be used here. He never got back with me despite my trying to contact them for an answer. Well, what do you know, I go up in my attic and there is the name Knauf-Tianjin all over the drywall (that is the most well-known chinese drywall). I had my own inspection from a non-bias party and my air conditioner coils are all corroded, my electrical outlets are corroded. In the interim I have found out that another resident here was complaining as well and had his own inspection PRIOR to mine and Tony Gizzi had already been to that unit to confirm the presence of the defective drywall. Therefore when TONY came here he already knew that there was in fact chinese drywall used in this project. And another person from Cornerstone (Gery Hernandez) sent an email to that other resident (I have a copy of it) that there was no defective drywall used in this project. They are still selling units here to innocent victims. Cornerstone Group are a bunch of liars. They also will not assist the homeowners in any way. The only person (that I am aware of) they offered to relocate was someone who is renting his unit until the closing. It is infected with this drywall so they offered to move him to a defective drywall free unit and he can close on that. Since he hasn't formally signed on the dotted line they need to make him happy till he is obligated. That will be the end of his happiness. And for those of you wanting to take advantage of the subsidy/grant funds via The City of Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency, think again. I do not recommend it. They are aware of this issue in the community (7 confirmed victims in three buildings so far) and they will not offer any kind of position statement to the recipient's of these grants. We are obligated to remain in the home for a period of thirty years or owe the grant funds back with interest and attorney fees if necessary within thirty days of vacating the unit as our primary residence. We cannot afford to move out for our health and pay the city back at the same time. As far as I am concerned they (the CRA) are complicit in this debacle and just as criminal as Cornerstone Group and it's cronies.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More The Preserve at Boynton Beach complaints
The Preserve at Boynton Beach - Unsavory condo developer

Comments

6th of Sep, 2011 by   CDW chaser 0 Votes
I myself went to purchase in the preserve. Everything was fine until I made mention of the Chinese drywall .. the unit I was looking to purchase no longoer can be found. the Listing agent gives me the run around. I offered to purchase at a lower price to compensate, but they pulled unit off market, hoping I go away and forget.. Its not just there its also at Villa Lago renasciance commons have same issue, and reacting the same way.
 6th of Sep, 2011 by   CDW chaser 0 Votes
see above
 1st of Dec, 2012 by   RYUWORLDJAY 0 Votes
IM LOOKING INTO RENTING ONE OF THE TOWNHOUSES IN BOYNTON THEY ARE VERY AFORDABLE SO IM NOT SO SURE NOW. MY JOB HAVE ME ALL OVER PALM BEACH COUNTY SO WHEN I SEEN CONSTITUTION GOING ON IN THAT COMMUNITY I TOHOUGT IT WAS NEW .. MAYBE CORNERSTONE GROUP REPLACE THE CHINESE DRYWALL.. I HOPE THEY DID I REALY LOVE HOW THE TOWNHOUSE ARE MADE.. ME AND MY GIRL WILL CHECK IT OUT MONDAY...

Protection Not Worth Paying For