logo

SERVICE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The National Congress of Employers/ CrossAmerica Health Plans, Frederick, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Unpaid Claims

The National Congress of Employers/ CrossAmerica Health Plans Contacts & Informations

The National Congress of Employers/ CrossAmerica Health Plans

Posted:    Cristi Lingerfelt

Unpaid Claims

MultiPlan PPO/CrossAmerica Health Plans/ The NCE
PO Box 1235
Frederick, Maryland
Phone: 8882641512
I signed up with this insurance agency several months ago. When I first signed up I was very suspicious of the company because of the extremely low rates and a lot of the terminology used to explain everything. But then they sent me all the information through the mail and I checked it all out and everything seemed legit.
After my coverage began I was instructed that I would be able to see out of Network Providers and as long as I paid out of pocket that I could submit a claim and then be reimbursed within 6-8 weeks.
I have submitted 2 claims.
After a long period of time and no response I contacted them and they told me they never received a claim. I resubmitted and still have not heard anything.
Last month I received a new card with a new address for their location, they were previously located in Parsippanny New Jersey.
I have been trying to get through with the phone number on the card but every extension on the automated system leads me to a message that says that extension is unavailable. I tried several other numbers to no avail until I got a woman that said they were in the middle of a merge maybe that was the reason why...
I thought I would log onto the website to see if I could get more info but the website they were using previously is no longer in existence!! And instead I found a bunch of rip-off of people having the same experience as I am. I would love to be able to help in anyway to try and track them down if in reality they are a scam. In the mean time i guess keep trying the run around. Please contact me via email
Thanks
I
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008 by   K.S. +1 Votes
I need someone to let mek now how they got out of this, I am in the same situation and have already spoke to the bank about a stop payment so they don't get more money out of me. I have faxed and mail a letter resquesting cancellation but I am afraid that they are going to ignore me as well. Someones answer will be big help for me also.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Tina 0 Votes
I have submitted a claim to this insurance company twice, and called Customer Srvice at least 5 times to check on the statice of those claims! I have recieved absolutely No word one way or the other, and there is no phone number to call the claims department directly. I was forced to cancel the insurance because I had to pay my medical bill out of pocket!
I have been ripped off!
 3rd of Jan, 2009 by   ida yermakova +1 Votes
I signed up with this insurance agency several months ago, National Congress of Employers for plan called PPO Multiplan.
My coverage was supposed to start December 1, 2008. I was charged premium $344 on November 5. I have never received any insurance cards, or emails or any mail, or any correspondence. I got very suspicious, called 5 times and every time got the same answer, someone will get back to you, but nobody did. I'm trying to see if I can get my money back. I thought I would find their website to see if I could get more info but the website doesn't exist!! And instead I found a lot of rip-off of people having the same issues as I am. Can somebody help me or point me in the right direction. How do they get away with this.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   Ted L. Bader +2 Votes
1/21/09: Please contact your state Insurance Commissioner's office with complaints regarding this entity. You can find the contact information by going to www.naic.org and clicking on your state in the listing of insurance departments. For residents of the state of Washington, please contact me directly with your complaint.

Ted L. Bader, Chief Investigator, Legal Division
Office of Insurance Commissioner
POB 40255
Olympia, WA 98504-0255
tedb@oic.wa.gov
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   Robin +2 Votes
I have the exact same story as ida yermakova. Exactly. They are rude, unprofessional and accused me of throwing away the insurance cards, which I still have not received. I am cancelling this insurance and filing a claim with the insurance comissioner.
 14th of Feb, 2009 by   kate +2 Votes
I also signed on for the med. ins. They cashed my check ahead of time, actually on the day I wanted to cancel. The 1st of the month falls on a sun. so I signed the paper they faxed me to cancel my coverage and they claimed they didn't recieve it which I do not believe. Then I did it again the next day and they recieved it. However instead of just keeping my process fee and returning my premium money they said Quote..." she is not getting her refund back" ... I was told basically too bad I canceled too late. I canceled before the 1st. This company needs to refund people and be shut down!
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Vicky +2 Votes
I'm glad I came across this websit after Googling National Congress of Employers. They already charged the $344.50 on my card, and I just received the welcome letter. I just called Health & Life Direct and asked them to send me the cancellation form, which I'll fax after writing this message.

-Vicky
Queens, New York
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   R.Holmesly +2 Votes
I today got the run around. I am very shocked that they are able to run a service in this fashion. i will go through all proper channels to help resolve this matter. They take your money and do not have any problem avoiding questions by there automated system in place. Where is the call back they promised?
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   Alicia C +1 Votes
They are horrible. I canceled in December and am still getting bills from Quest Diagnostics for claims they will not pay. They covered nothing!!! This is the 4th bill I have gotten regarding fees they will not pay and I have tried to fight every one... but they would not pay any of them. I am going to see about a class action suit against them. I paid 244 every month for a year just to have to cover all of my medical bills anyway. UGHhhh... do not sign up for The National Congress of Employers or for Health and Life Direct. (Which I think is the same shady company.)
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   0henry +1 Votes
I submitted a quote request from www.gohealthinsurance.com and about 15 minutes later I received a phone call from an insurance, CoreValue Medical, on a medical plan that sounded too good to be true. I got suspicious when he asked me for my bank name and routing number. He claimed I needed to submit my $75 application fee and make my first month premium. Luckily I did not take the hook! Beware...
www.corevaluemedical.com
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   0henry +1 Votes
I submitted a quote request from www.gohealthinsurance.com and about 15 minutes later I received a phone call from an insurance rep on a medical plan that sounded too good to be true. I got suspicious when he asked me for my bank name and routing number. He claimed I needed to submit my $75 application fee and make my first month premium. The name of this insurance is CoreValue Medical. Their sponsor>>> National Congress of Employers. Beware...
www.corevaluemedical.com
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   tedmac +1 Votes
I'm glad I found this page. I was just on CoreValue website and thought it looked pretty good. I see I should probably can that idea! Thanks
tedmac
 10th of May, 2010 by   casey see +1 Votes
Network: Multiplan
Group: National Congress of Employers
Underwriter: American Medical Life
Plan: Core Value Medical

Wow -- just got off the phone with these folks and they used every hard sell technique I'd ever heard of. Verbally, the plan sounded good so I asked for some confirmation.

It sounded too good to be true -- a good rate, guaranteed issue, maintain HIPPA eligibility, and negotiated provider rates at 30% of list. After reading this thread, it is too good to be true.

To their chagrin, I continued to ask questions.

No - there was no website with any plan details i could review. No - they could not e-mail a summary description. No -- they could not mail me any information until after I had paid to sign up. She was willing to review it more slowly so that I could take notes. They would send me plan info only AFTER I signed up and sent in payment. The alarm bells were going off.

When I was ready to hang-up, she put her supervisor on the phone. Suddenly, there was a website that we could review together (www.corevaluemedical.com). However, only a supervisor was allowed to provide the url. There was at least a written summary. More alarm bells.

When I said I'd call them back in a few days, they said they represented over forty companies, this was the only plan I would qualify for, and there were only two slots left in my state because it was a special offer than had been running for a few weeks. They said the cost of the plan would DOUBLE once the two slots were taken. That doesn't even make sense. ALARM BELLS RINGING IN MY EARS LOUDLY.

At this point, there was no question that I would not commit. I told them I'd take the risk and call them back later. After finding this website, I'm glad I pushed them off. I didn't like the sales experience but it looks just marvelous compared to some of the listed claims experience.
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   MAW9 +1 Votes
I have been trying to get health insurance for a while now, and have been denied because of pre-exisiting conditions. I received a call this afternoon with a salesperson named Karen, saying I was pre-approved for Health Insurance regardless of any possible pre-existing conditions.

I asked her what company she was from-AIG Insurance/MultiPlan. I never heard of it, I said. She explained they are the largest Health Insurance company in the US. She ran off a list of the benifits I could get if I applied for this Insurance, and they covered everything! Basically I would only have to pay the premium. She said I would have no co-pay, or deductable. "Really?" If I wanted to cancel I could do it anytime.

I began asking alot of questions. "How did they get my information?", "How can they offer such a low premium when this country having such problems with healthcare.?" "Do my doctors accept this insurance?" She put her supervisor on (Indian accent).

The supervisor said I was being extremely skeptical and that they are a legitimate insurance company. I asked if I could get a list of providing doctors. They asked who my doctor was and almost immediately said that they were a provider. "Really?" I asked if I could see the website with a list of providers. They connected me to a website that did not connect AIG and MultiPlan together which I did not understand; and so I looked and it said that my doctor took the insurance. Like a dummy I gave her my credit card number. Then I read the bottom of the page which stated that although the providers are updated weekly, it is possible that they do not take this insurance anymore. Dang-it!

So I told her that I would call my doctors and see if they took this insurance; and I got off the phone with them and proceded to call the office. As I was dialing, they were calling me! Karen said they could call them for me? I told her that was not helpfull. I need to talk to them myself so I feel secure in choosing this insurance.

When I got in touch with the receptionist at my doctors office, she said she never heard of this insurance before. Then, I got another call from AIG/MultiPlan. Karen was very sweet, but her supervisor was short tempered and nasty. She said she would call the Dr.s office to see if they still take it. Karen got back on the line and two seconds later the supervisor told Karen that they still take the insurance. Really? I dont think so. Im supposed to believe this supervisor talked to my doctors office and found out they take the insurance in two seconds when the receptionist told me she never heard of it? Im supposed to take a strangers word? Rediculous. She was offended. Boo hoo! This is my hard earned money you are asking for! I kept saying that I wanted to take my time before verifying my membership. Each time I said this they got more and more pushy. I finally just told the supervisor that I was going to check this company out and call them back and hung up.

After doing some research online, Karen called me again. She asked if I called my doctor. I said no, but I did find out that MultiPlan health insurance is a scam and she need not call again. I knew it was too good to be true.

Thanks everybody for their stories. You saved me from a big loss. Im sorry for yours.
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   LEDETCoastie +2 Votes
Wow, I was looking for insurance for my unmarried & pregnant 20 year old daughter. Valerie from Homeland Health Care (uses Multiplan) was using the same tactics to get me to enroll. After carefully looking at other options, I returned Valerie's 3 messages and she gave me the same info that others have received. I was debating the issue and she began to apply a little pressure. I quickly told her that I wanted to research my options and that I would call her the next day. When she calls me, I'm going to tell her that I'm onto their little scam! Thank you fellow insurance consumers for the warning.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   JayChar +2 Votes
I got a call (#713-568-1355) and same thing. They wanted everything on phone (SSN, credit card, etc). I didn't give anything, Just asked them to send me an email with all the info and I will go over myself and do my own research.
Thanks guys. Keep up good work!
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   Beldar +2 Votes
Lookie here...

PJP Health Agency (formerly known as Health and Life Direct) now has a Facebook Page! I guess that they are looking to branch out to rip off even more people!

4th of Jan, 2011 by   Pacerguy21 +1 Votes
I just read ohenry's complaint about corevalue. He is not well versed into how health insurance works. There is an application fee and the monthy premiums are paid via Electronic Funds Transfers. That is the reason that the bank information was requested. There was no hook. That is the way things are done. It sounds like he cost himself an insurance policy he could have used.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   PJP Health Agency Sucks +3 Votes
Here are the names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses of some of the individuals who are currently investigating the dubious business practices of PJP Health Agency (and their MANY aliases). I would like to urge all those who have been ripped off, lied to, or deceived by the con artists at PJP Health Agency (doing business as "The National Congress of Employers/CrossAmerica Health Plans") to contact the individuals listed below as soon as possible!

Angela Cascarano

MVP Health Care
(518) 386-7412
Email address: jpescetti@mvphealthcare.com
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   Al Graves 0 Votes
they took money out of my bank before payment was due causing an overdraft. they promised me no pre existing clause but when i got the paperwork i found that i wont be covered for my pre existing problem. i found them rude and unhelpful on the phone please stay away from this company National Congressof Employers are ripoff artist. Al Graves Akron Ohio.

Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt?

Latest Groups