logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Electrolux
Double Oven will not heat after cleaning process
2. (3 mins ago)
morphsuits.com
not so nice
3. (13 mins ago)
Ymax Oration
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
www.ea.com
Being charge a fee yearly that we do not want
5. (14 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Logo Company Complaints & Reviews - False Advertisement

The Logo Company Contacts & Informations

Posted:    ZDRoss

False Advertisement

thelogocompany.net
This company really is on my list of vendors to NEVER use again. The Logo Company promises to have a team of 5 designers create a logo for your business, organization and or company within 3 business days. I submitted my business details and specification for design via internet as per their procedure on Friday October 29th. Here it is FRIDAY - November 5, 2010 and my inital designs aren't done.

According to the THIRD person I talked to on the third day past my design's due date - they had a glitch in their system. None of the other personnel I spoke to on the previous days mentioned this "alleged" glitch in the system. In fact, the supervisior assured me that I would have the designs first thing this morning.

As a way to fix the problem they created - they "promised" me that once I got my inital designs (God knows when that will be) that I would have a 24 hour turn around for any editing I want to do! Well their 24 hours may be 6 days. How would I know. Their 3 days turned into over a week! As far as I am concerned their word means absolutely NOTHING!

Lastly, The Logo Company never thought it was a good idea to contact me as the customer to let me know there was delay in my product being delievered. There was no contact at all. Had I not called them myself I would not have a clue to what was going on. It would have been easy to associate them with a scam company taking people's money (because you have to pay via credit card upfront). Which - I still haven't ruled out that theory!

Take it from me if you are reading this ... go to a local vendor. It is worth the extra $50!
Comments United States Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Nov, 2010 by   smdesign 0 Votes
I'm afraid you get what you pay for - though in this case you didn't even get that.

Why anyone would want to take the blind shotgun approach with 3 short days and 5 supposed designers (who knows who they are or what their training is, if any) is beyond me, when a targeted approach by a qualified pro would have had you sorted by now. Quantity does not beat quality.

My condolences.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Not This Company -1 Votes
I agree 100% with you! I also paid and "contracted" with them to do a design for my corporation. Unlike you I did receive 5 very amateurish and juvenile looking designs. After e-mailing them my concerns I again received some very ugly, non-professional looking designs. As i had played around with Adobe Photoshop a bit I came up with a semi-decent logo that I sent them and asked them to incorporate into my design. A few days later I received 3 designs, of which I picked one and asked for color options. Again, a few days later and I asked for them to invert the color schemes on each one. You would have thought that I was asking for the impossible! I instead got three different color schemes than what I had asked for. I have attempted to contact each "personal contact person" (every time it is a different one) to rectify this issue. It has been days and no response. Personally, it was a mistake to try to save some money. You really get what you pay for. I would advise others to stay far away from this company!
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   BLCarson 0 Votes
I'd just advise everyone to take these complaints with a grain of salt. There is a good chance that they are a smear campaign by other logo companies trying to make 'The Logo Company' look bad. They are the most marketable company out there as they have had more positive media coverage than any other logo firm - therefore they are a target for jealous competitors. My experience with 'The Logo Company' has always been positive.
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
As the owner of The Logo Company (http://thelogocompany.net), I take any failure of my business to provide the promised service very personally. I'm more than happy to rectify any of these projects should they be genuine but from the information provided I can't find the projects in our system.

As one of the largest suppliers of online graphic design services worldwide I know full well it is not possible to please all the people all the time in spite of our best efforts to achieve just that. That's why we have a safety net for all our customers that is better than any other safety net in the industry. There are only ever 2 possible outcomes when you use our design services.

1. You will get the design you dream about.
or
2. You will get all your money back, no questions asked. No processing fees, no hassle, just all of your money back.

Our 100% money back guarantee is designed specifically for clients that we fail to satisfy. I hate failure but on the odd occasion we do fall short, we stick to our promise. We are not perfect and when we fall short of the service we offer we try very hard to learn the lessons.

With regards to trust here are some bits of information that might help make your mind up as to whether we are a trustworthy company or not.

The Logo Company has been trading since 2000. That's 10 years in business now and still going strong.
The Logo Company has a turnover in excess of several millions of dollars.
Clients include the US Government, The US Army, Navy, Police, National Guard, US Forrestry as well as multinational and global businesses. Our main area of specialization is with small to medium sized businesses.
Team of 70+ Inhouse designers supported by around 20 customer service and sales support staff.
Voted best in test by Wired Magazine and The Wall St Journal. Featured in INC magazine as a preferred supplier of logo design services.
Over 3000 positive customer testimonials in our public forums, most of which are direclty verifiable.

If you want to get in-touch with me personally, please feel free to email simon@thelogocompany.net

Simon McArdle
simon@thelogocompany.net
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   enigma-1 -1 Votes
I ain't going to comment much on the specifics of this complain. The business looks legit as far I can tell, but there could be a problem how the support was handled in that case.

There is one odd thing though, when I enter the site, the shopping cart shows 18 items worth of $3, 980.00. That doesn't look too good, you need to have that fixed.
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
The above issue from enigma-1 regarding 18 items in the shopping cart has been corrected. This error happened due to some site maintenance over the weekend.

With regards to the initial complaint about service levels, if we have fallen short I hold my hand up and apologise to ZD Ross. Please feel free to get in touch with me and I will be happy to compensate you for your inconvenience.

Simon McArdle
Owner
simon@thelogocompany.net
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   elimegrover -1 Votes
I would agree with this statement. I had requested a logo, and in six days I have several initial concepts. All of which were garbage, I gave them a second chance, and these too were all horrible (after 4 days wait.) I asked for a refund and someone on a really bad phone connection called and addressed my complaints, and said they would come up with more revisions. They did within 24 hours, and these were an improvement, thankfully. They got really close to what I wanted, but then when we were revising these logos, they kept getting further and further away with radical changes, when all I wanted were some minor changes here and there. Then they stopped responding to my emails, at which point I got annoyed and asked for a refund which I finally got.

Their concepts were uninspired, and nowhere even close to what they show in their portfolio. They were all generally, VERY ugly.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
As I have already said before, I take every failure personaly. I have also stated that our money back guarantee is there to protect you from not getting what you expected. It's nice to see that failsafe has been taken advantage of here and that it is clear to everyone that we are not trying to upset anyone on purpose or to rip anyone off. I challenge any of our online competitors to go further than we do in trying to get it right everytime and then refunding the money no questions asked if they get it wrong. Let's see sense here and understand if we get it wrong we don't eat. So we are not trying on purpose to get it wrong. On the contray, we are trying extremly hard to get it right. We mostly do get it right.

Why not read our 3500+ testimonials on our site. You can contact many of these genuine clients and ask them how they were treated by us. I think you will agree that we have many more happy clients than we have unhappy clients. This is because we want our clients to be happy and go the extra mile to make it happen. If we do fall short we try to put it right. If that's not possible we refund no matter how much work and effort has been commited. (Read our money back guarantee and see how stacked in your favor it is).

I understand that it is impossible to get it right everytime or to please everyone all the time (design is very subjective afterall) and for those that we have failed to live up to our own very high standards, I apologise.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Not This Company -1 Votes
Yeah, your "money back guarantee" are hollow words!! Where was my refund? God you are completely full of garbage!! Don't trust this company as far as you could throw them!!!
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
@Not This Company - Who are you? Everyone knows that if we fail to give a refund as per our promise of a refund then you as a consumer can call your card company and issue a chargeback and get your money back instantly. You clearly have another agenda here. What is it?

Feel free to contact me personally at simon@thelogocompany.net and identify yourself and I will ensure you receive a refund if this is in fact a genuine project.

With over 3500 client testimonials in our forum, that gets added to daily, you can see that we have many more happy clients than unhappy clients. As I have said before, there are only ever 2 outcomes if you use our logo design service.

1. You will get the design of your dreams.
or
2. You will get all your money back, no questions asked!
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Not This Company -1 Votes
Simon, I was the FIRST to post on this board. I NEVER was given a refund, even though I ASKED for one. Please do not LIE to these people. I have no hidden agenda. I simply want you and you company to be ACCOUNTABLE!!! NOT THIS COMPANY!
@Not This Company
ZDRoss complained on this board. Your first post was the 3rd comment down about 3 months or so ago. As I have already stated, if your grievance is in fact genuine then get in touch with me via my email address simon@thelogocompany.net and I will refund you. Everyone that requests a refund gets one as long as it is within 3 months of the start of the project. We have even been known to refund beyond this 3 month limit if we feel it is justified. Does this give you closure?

@RedlineM203
How is offering to refund someone if their complaint is genuine, smearing a complainant? I am questioning the motives of Not This Company because I have offered a refund more than once now but am yet to hear anything apart from here saying they are looking for some kind of justice. That's a bit odd and it does not make any sense at all. What am I missing? What would you do?
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Lmooney 0 Votes
Simon I sent you an e-mail and you have yet to respond. I dont want any smear in a public forum.

Larry
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle 0 Votes
@Lmooney
Hi Larry. I passed your email over to my General Manager Kevin and I asked him to personaly supervise your project to completion. I told him to call you which I believe he has done. I have just spoken to him and he has told me that he has spoken to you again and everything is moving as it should be. With a bit of luck everything will be wrapped up by tomorrow. Do let me know if that is not the case.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle 0 Votes
@RedlineM203
I have no idea what your point is. Please explain.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
Digging through our archives I am 100% sure now that the original complaint from ZDRoss was justified. We were late in providing the initial designs. We then promised the client that any further revisions we would turn around in just 24 hours. We honored this to the end of the project and the client left us very happy.

I have also pulled out the stops and managed to trace the project from Not This Company. I see you were very unhappy throughout the whole design process. I do see that you did indeed ask for a refund but seemed to have a change of heart and wanted to complete the project with us. I believe we finished this project for you and you are using the logo design on your website even today. I know it was painful for you to get there but the end result is a very nice logo design that you should be proud of. Are you unhappy with the logo Not This Company?
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
@RedlineM203
If a complaint is justified, then I see no reason to call it any other way. We are not perfect. There is not a human being or company in the world that is perfect (present company excluded of course :-)). I hate failure and I work very hard to learn the lessons.

I can assure you that I have nothing at all to do with Lmooney apart from the fact he is a current client wanting to get my attention through this medium (his initial post on here is not exactly singing my praises is it). He is being taken care of and should be leaving us as a happy client (I hope) in the next day or so. I have no information about BLCarson but I welcome the positive feedback. With as many clients as we have had over the years it's not so odd that one has given us support, though I would of preferred of course, for all our happy clients to join in. These boards don't generally attract happy people though :)
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   Simon McArdle +1 Votes
@RedlineM203

Hanging out here can make one pretty synical after a time I would expect :) I will defend myself if the complaint is unwarrented but I will also hold my hand up and apologise if I got it wrong. I wouldn't muddy the waters with false testimonials or false logins. I am big enough to say it as I see it. Honesty is the best policy!
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   pceo 0 Votes
I was told that I would have my website completed in 5 days and it has now been two weeks and now they are saying they need more time. Also, I had to contact them for updates and they have still not given me a valid explanation for why there is a delay. I am taking my business elsewhere.
 31st of May, 2011 by   typhoon2009 -1 Votes
I couldn't agree more. This is the worst company ever. I think they take advantage of the fact that they are located in the UK and not the US so that customers can't sue them. Beleive me I would if they were here in the US. I have no idea how they say they have "customer service". I called them several times and each time they do nothing, they will just tell you we will look into it and call you back and that is it. They don't bother reading what you send by emails or what you are requesting. They do what they want and either take the garbage from them or bang your head against the wall after all they already took your money in advance. I wish more people keep posting their reviews to warm people against this company. If anyone is reading this, under no circtumstance, don't never user them for web design or web hosting. You will regret every minute you have to deal with those non professional people.

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups