logo

H&r Block
emerald advance
2. (27 mins ago)
californianscent.com
I heard only promises, but this scammer didn’t provide my order
3. (32 mins ago)

The Lodging Company

Posted: 2011-11-22 by    vbn73

They lied/cheated/misinformed us

The Lodging Company
Their agents do not know what they are doing. They are not trained and miss inform their guests. They lied/cheated/misinformed us.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More The Lodging Company complaints
The Lodging Company - Desceptive Trade Strategy

Comments

16th of Dec, 2011 by   The Defender 0 Votes
Wrong company!
 2nd of Oct, 2012 by   Steven Mayo 0 Votes
I STRONGLY AGREE with this complaint that The Lodging Company lies and cheats people!
April 8, 2012 I called the Lodging Company because we had suddenly changed plans and decided to go to Glacier National Park in Montana along the Canadian border, and an Internet search indicated the Lodging Company would make sense because we wanted to stay in a lodge in Glacier Park.

The Lodging Company customer service representative I talked with was Amy. She said that of the three lodges that were in the park, one was being remodeled and the other two had not opened yet because this was low season. I asked if the Glacier Park was open and was “Going to the Sun” road open. Amy said the park was completely open and the Going to the Sun road was open.

So I asked what lodge was near the park, and the rate for the rooms. Grouse Mountain Lodge she recommended, with a restaurant and gym. The rate for a King or Queen size bedroom was $165 and $149. I booked two rooms.

We arrived late Tuesday night, so it wasn’t until Wednesday morning the hotel staff informed me that the hotel was being remodeled, the gym was being worked on, and the restaurant was not open until May, when the season would start. So we could not eat at the hotel and drove into Whitefish town to eat.

The rate Grouse Mountain Lodge was charging if you walked in without reservations was $79 a night because it was low season.

Wednesday morning when I drove to Glacier National Park, the Ranger station was closed so there was no one to charge me for the park, and I drove over to the only shop that was open in the park. The clerk showed my wife and me that about 95% of the park was closed. We could drive up the road about 3 miles, along Lake McDonald but after that the road was closed. All trails were closed with snow. You could get out and walk along the road, but you can’t stay in the park overnight, so even trying to hike to Logan Pass was too far and would take to long.

Most of Glacier was out of reach for us, which meant a wasted trip to Glacier, wasted money for the hotel that we were paying double the normal rate. Since Amy had told me Glacier park was completely open, I was booked from Tuesday with a Friday check-out.
By Wednesday noon with only the front of the park open then we wouldn’t be able to see any more of the park on Thursday. There were no park rangers, only construction guys working on remodeling a small lodge, at the front of the West Glacier entrance. West Glacier entrance was the only part of Glacier that was open (not South entrance, not East Entrance, not North Entrance).

Sunday 5/6/2012 2:35pm, I talked with The Lodging Company (1-888-676-9977, Sandra x255) was nice, concerned, and apologized that my experience with the lodge and at Glacier Park didn’t turn out better. She said she would talk with her manager and discuss compensation for me. I called back a few days later, and was transferred to Sandra. When she answered her voice was nice, but when she checked her computer and remembered who I was, then her voice became hard, cold, and said she had discussed it with her manager, checked with Amy, and said I had been fully informed, and no compensation was being offered.
 1st of Jun, 2013 by   Wendy's 0 Votes
While I had a fantastic customer service experience booking my vacation last year with Amy, I have to agree with the poster above that this company lies as cheat people out of their money. I tried to contact Amy again to book out trip for 2014 because she had done such a wonderful job of taking care of us last year I was informed she no longer worked for the company. I got some information on Whistler and we decided to go check it out a few weeks ago for a romantic weekend getaway to get a feel for the resort before spending +$8K on our annual ski trip (we usually book Fernie). We ended up at Marketplace Lodge in a hotel room (booked a studio, wrongly assuming it would have cooking facilities). When we tried to contact the agent we booked with, it was impossible to reach her and no one from management contacted us as requested. We wanted to move or upgrade but no one seemed to want to deal with us. We ended up having to check in with a completely different company to get out of our dirty, 200 sq ft room in this dive to sleep on a bed with clean sheets and a bathroom not covered in someone else's pubic hair. When we returned home, I finally got ahold of the girl we booked with and they refused to refund our money for the room we didn't stay in because we didn't do the changes with them. Needless to say, I will be pursuing this financial matter further and will not be booking with this joke of a company again. This company won't last much longer with the ethics they hold themselves and their employees to.

College Education for $1,000 a Year Only