the loan modification group

Scam

4.1
The Loan Modification Group
Simi Valley, California
This company promise youthat they can get you loan reduced and they take your money and they can't. if you have had any negitive dealings with the Loan Modification Group contact me at 877-700-4274 to begin a class action law suit. or you can email me at billynorred@aol.com
Complaint comments Comments (18) Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have checked into this loan modification group that wanted $1650 to get me an adjustable rate. I have tried to refinance to be turned down. I received a call from this company and they faxed me the information for me to sign and fill out. I was a little sceptical so my husband went to our local bank and they investigated it for us and told us that this is a scam... so needless to say we stayed away from it. Who has $1650 to loose these days and times
 28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I disagree with this statement. I used the Loan modification group in hicksville to modify my adjustable loan, and they did everything they said they would. I had a 9% adj and I was 4 months behind, and their lawyer was able to get my rate fixed at 6.5%, and put my missed payments back into my mortgage. I did have to pay 15% of the missed payments but thats nothing compared to what i owed.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
We are thinking on doing the modification and don't know if we should do it or not we have to do somthing they said they could get us 4.9% is it real or not.
 8th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was given a rep from the loan mod groups phone number from a friend of mine that used their services. I was very unsure in the beginning, because my rate was 12% and i fell behind by 3 months. They were able to do what they promised, reducing my rate to 6.3% and putting those lates back into the morgage. i recommend you call daniel at 516-833-8868 if you have any questions. he was very polite and spent a lot of time with me on the phone answering questions.
 17th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
If you need actual information on this group and not sceptical feelings toward the idea that there is a way out call this rep: Tony Hill @ 760-774-8669.

He will provide you the information you need to make an educated decision on your own.
 5th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am sceptical of the service they can offer and deliver. Rep told me that 99% are successful in renegotiating lower interest. They sent me docs via email to sign and return along with $1695. The credit auth form though was emailed to me with someone else's credit card information, which is in violation of the law not to mention doesn't give me great confidence in their ability to protect me personal inforamation from fraud. Spoke with a manager and he told me he was going to email me a new packet along with the American Housig Rescue And Foreclosure Prevention Act House Bill#3221. Still haven't received either.
Can't find any credible information about this company on web. They call as Franklin First Financial; the Docs come in as The Loan Modifcation Group and were sent from an email xxpressfunding.com. Who are these people?
I called my mortgage company and according to them this bill only applies relief to those who are ARM's; not to those who are already in a Fixed 30 year. I called back the LMG and they claim that statement isn't true but the manager there said there are alot of hardship qualifiers that you have to satisfy to be eligible . It isn't clear as to how long it takes to get them to process the request; from comments on the web up to 90 days; from The LMG 24 hrs.
Their web site says each office is independently operated and in some states they are prohibited by law from charging up front fees; but are guilty of non-compliance.
Anyone have any recent experience with these people?
 17th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was solicited by The Loan Modification in July 2008. I was told that they charge a fee of $1995 and that they can negotiate with your mortgage company to modify the terms of your mortgage. I have 3 houses. They charged me $1995 each for two houses and $1750 for the 3rd house. They were unable to negotiate a modification for two of the houses and they state that they are still working with the mortgage company for the third house. I requested a refund of the $1995 for the two houses they were unable to do the modification on. I was told that the refund is being processed. Needless to say, I never recdeived the refund for neither of the two houses and the modification for the third house started 6 months ago and has not been completed to date.
 17th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
It is really discouraging to see this complaint from this homeowner. Billy Norred signed up with LMG to help him make his house more affordable for him but when we came to him with an offer that was sent to him as well from his lender he decided to cut us out of the process. We were able to reinstate his loan after 11 months of missed payments with a down payment of $7800 and a monthly payment of $4200...which was saving Billy $1200 per month over what his current payment was. It is unfortunate day for a service company when you do all the work necessary to get a client the above proposal and then to have them backdoor you and go to the lender directly with the proposal we had got for him. Its ironic that Billy Norred is in the service industry doing consulting for car dealerships and this is how he repays a company that does a service for him.
 17th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Just like Peoples First Financial promises within 60 days they'll get us a 6% max interest rate, here we are over 100 days later and they come up with 7.9% ( a 1.1% diff.) and that's a job well done. No refund... no apologies... Liars!!!
 20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
If you paid anyone other lawyer to: stop or postpone a foreclosure sale, or modify or lower your mortgage payments, or perform any other service related to your mortgage or foreclosure of your home, you may be entitled to compensatory damages; and/or punitive damages equal to at least 3 times what you paid. If you feel you have been a victim, call the loan fraud recovery group any time, toll-free, 800-991-6504 and visit http://loanfraudrecovery.org/.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
If you've been the victim of loan modification fraud visit loanfraudlegalhelp .com
 30th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hmmm...could "Mike" be the Mike that took my $ too?? I'm not worried...I have a lawyer now and plan on getting all of my money back. They make many promises and don't deliver. I am going to do my best to stop this company from taking money from innocent people.
 14th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
LMG is a scam they took my money too. Don"t trust Mike or Don or anyone else with The Loan Modification Group. I am sueing them too!
 26th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Is this "Mike Fernando" from Loan Modification Group in Simi Valley? Somehow these guys contacted me on my cell phone, that was a shock. How did they get the number? They also are very keen on convincing me that this is not a scam backing it up with a lot of info that looks legit. If what they say is true, then I would pay triple for what they are charging; $1500 up front and $1500, 30 days in. However, what is very troubling is that they charge up front. For $3k, they must have a huge staff of people to work with the lenders of these loans.
 29th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dave~ nope, not Mike Fernando...Mike McConville in Simi Valley-Granada Hills-Mission Hills whichever suits him that day. Put it to you this way...google his name with loan modification or scam and you'll find out what the company and their employees are all about. Also it is illegal for any company to ask for fees upfront if they aren't licensed with the Department of Real Estate ( www.dre.gov) So check it out for yourself and make your own decision. I'm sure you'll figure it out pretty quickly.

John~ good to hear that you are doing the same. I know someone else who is suing. You might also want to look into reporting them to the Attny general and to the Federal trade commision/consumer protection agency.

It's sad that they keep doing this and getting away with it. But I'm sure for NOT THAT MUCH LONGER!!
 10th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I hearby redact all negative and derogatory comments made against Loan Modification Group and it's employees including Mike McConville. My allegations are disputed and after a meet and confer with the Company, a full and complete refund was issued to my satisfaction.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ok...I've gone through the same issue. Paid $3000 for a modification that came to nothing. I was told that there would be no refund because "our team put in lots of hours" and so we have no loan, no home and no refund.

How did you get the meet and confer with the Company? I desperately need that money back if I'm to survive. They won't return phone calls or even try to make things right with me. Any advice you have would be so appreciated.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am So sorry to hear what happened that’s why I entrusted in a law firm to get my Modification done. I recently did a loan Modification with the Sherman and nathanson Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at 424-205-1810 the gentlemen I worked with name was Bret hope this was helpful.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree