logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (9 mins ago)
scam ebay seller tlc_international
they sell fakes as original
2. (14 mins ago)
Complaints and reviews

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

the International award payment center, Kansas City, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - unsolicit scam and fraud

the International award payment center Contacts & Informations

the International award payment center

Posted:    john garner

unsolicit scam and fraud

the International Award Payment Center
1401 Armour rd. suite 300
Kansas City, Missouri
This is another of the scams that is sent via the United States Mail which is 1 (one) unsolicited and one that if it was legitimate would not require any payment to play.
I for one would like to have the ability to require the solicitor to have to pay for my time to read trash like this.
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Feb, 2009 by   C . Hamel 0 Votes
16/02/2009
Sydney
Australia

I received two letters today, from the International Award Payment Centre in Kansas City, USA advising I would be awarded prize moneies of $15, 000 and $17, 400 respectively. In order to claim each of these prizes I needed to send a fee of Aud $20 with a completed 1080 form, and to answer a procedural question. I have no idea how this company got my address and I am not about to send them any money at all for some competition (Blue Series VII?) I have never heard of or entered. In fact, I would like to see this company prosecuted for fraud.
CLare Hamel
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   Steffen Holst 0 Votes
I think, that some people are very quick to declare anything a scam. In as far as anybody has actually tried it and positvely won money, then I wouldlike to know -just receved my letter today.

I have before heard about projects which were at once declared "Scam" in the usual scam-declarer-fora by the usual mroe or less anonymous scam-declarer -but in the same fora there were sometimes a few more silent voices declaring that they had actually tried the said project (some near free trip to Turkey) and actually enjoyed it with all its promotion activities in combination with nice trips to this and this exotic village etc etc, from the start knowing that it would of cours cost something, because it was clearly marked in the information material. Maybe these silent voices were paid to write so -or they were written by the rpoject owners -but it is also possible that they were written by real users. And still all the very sure scam-declarer were crying Scam all over.

That is, I think this comes a bit too quick some times.

What if this Peyment Center game -for this is what it is- is for real and you can actually win this and that, then it is no scam, but simply some game which -like so many others- costs money to participate in and with some slight chanceto actually win some interesting amount?

Therefore again, has anybody actually some concrete indicators or proof that it is a scam?

Or the other way round, has anybody some positive experience with this game?

I am simply curious -and react against these very sure scam-declarers who aparently without any proof or anything at once cry "scam"!!!

There are actually games out there where you can actually win something -but of couyrse the chance is normally very low, so it is not necessarily very attractive -but it may not be scam for just bein a game and as such not a very attractive way to spend you time and money.

So FYI, for now I am not gioing to do it, but I am curious about answers to my concrete questions above

Steffen Holst, Germany
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   liliya 0 Votes
Hello, I have got the letter the same as all of you here and I can not say I just believed it, but I wonder how could they get my address to send me such a trash. I hope they will get what they deserved.
Lilia Galkina, Germany
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   K-Kidz 0 Votes
Only time will tell what comes for us from responding to our notice.
Over the last 3 weeks we have recieved 11 different notices from various different payment notices with a variety of amount ranging from $100 - $ 10000070.

I threw out so many before my husband saw them, however I missed one and before I knew it he had answered the question, put his Credit card detail in and returned our information.

This all occured yesterday, so like I said only time will tell and I'll keep you all posted.
All I can do is trust in the universe and what will be will be.

ANGEL BLESSINGS
Townsville Australia
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   BABY JOSEH 0 Votes
i got today 17/10/09

a letter from international award payment center saying $ 15000 . they want to send money, let them deduct and send the rest It is another type of NIGERIAN FRAUD FROM USA

baby joseph India
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   Kay Ross 0 Votes
Elderly Australian lady kept getting these mailings, paying them and never hearing from them again and not receiving any money, till her family put a stop to it. I would like to know how they got my name and address, I know that I have not bought any tickets from overseas in anything.

I think it is disgusting that someone would pray on people this way after all we are all doing it tough at this time. I agree with baby joseph India if I have won the money they can deduct the $20 from my winnings and forward the rest.

Kay
Woolgoolga
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   LauraFer 0 Votes
I have also just received such a letter, requesting payment of a discounted $25.00 fee in order to be eligible to receive $15, 000.00 in a so-called contest. There was also an imitation cheque attached. It all looks so professional. How do they have access to addresses (particularly when I live in Australia)? I certainly will not comply with the contents of the correspondence, as I smelt scam immediately. However, what a waste of paper and people's time. How is it that legislation cannot prohibit such scams, particularly in such a progressive country as America?
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   meltanmack 0 Votes
All I can say is..thank God for "GOOGLE".. to check out this so called ferm/scam..I too received in this morning's mail exactly what Laura and others received. I knew it was bogus and wanted to conferm.it I would also like to know how they got my name and address from Australia.
According to my letter (amongst oter ) a J.Burrell from UK was paid $23, 00 and so on I did note that my name along with 3 other Australia (the other 2 blacked out) are " waiting entry" yeah right! Not only does one pay a fee $25. reduced from $30..that was big of them, but also one had to pay postage to a self address envelope.
I have every intention to doing some digging and find out more.

meltanmack
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   acme 0 Votes
hi i m from Australia, i received the same letter today, n i know this is nothing than scam. so i put the name in the goggle and see its really a scam, , , i don't know how they get our address, ,
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   MaryannJ 0 Votes
Hi, I agree I too received the same notice as the rest of you, along with with my name are several other names here in Ontario Canada, and one in the province of Alberta 3 of which have been paid and the rest of us are "pending". 2 which have been blacked out as well as the same story as the rest of you are saying has happened to you as well. It's very sad and I would like to know how they got my home mailing address and how they figure that I would jump at a chance to send them $20 CAD( down from the standard$95CAD which has been crossed out), and fill out a 1080 form, the signature is that of a A.T. Lee, Program Co Ordinator. I will be sending my letter off, to the proper authorities in order to save someone who might actually believe that they would recieve the funds as promised! I hope they are tracked down and punished for running such scams!

M J
Ontario Canada
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   Maori Girl 0 Votes
Yeah I agree with you all. I recieved a letter several days ago stating BLUE SERIES VIII & offering me winnings of $15, 000 in return for certain details & $25 deposit...What a load of crap!!!..there's no such address as the so called IPAC & suite no# does not exist. I have reserched trough several different web maps & I get the same consistant result..nada!!. Beside's don't you think it's wierd that a Website wasn't provided? considering it's meant to be an International Organisation. That in it'self states the obvious.

So for all the vulnerable & innocent please be aware of what you recieve via email or postage, especially if you've never heard of them before. Take the time to look into researching their background before making a decision...It's better to be safe than sorry!!

Regards
Kiwi Girl
 4th of May, 2010 by   EdithUSA 0 Votes
I think these people should be held accountable. The fact that the economies are in such bad shape around the world makes it even more unconscionable because everyone could use the extra bucks.

You figure that you pay $25.00 times that by l million people worldwide and it becomes in American dollars 2 million 5 hundred dollars. Don't mean to be flip, however, that is a lot of money in anybodies currency.

Have a nice day.

EMT
USA
 4th of May, 2010 by   EdithUSA 0 Votes
OOPS! made a mistake $25.00 x 1 million people is 2 million 5 hundred thousand dollars.

So sorry.

EMT
USA
 11th of May, 2010 by   enz 0 Votes
hi, im from australia and i have been receiving the same letters for the past few months, its weird because i dont know how they got my address and i have never heard of it before. Also stating that i am a winner and have a sole claim to the prize money just by following 3 easy steps..
First day i was so tempted in paying $25 fee and hoping to have in return the $15000 that was to be awarded to me if i give the correct answer... all the same letters saying im a winner, my husband suggested not to go ahead with it ( also an advice from his boss its a fraud)..how can these people do this?!!!
Its funny how they write there letters to get peoples attention..I wonder could it be just someone printing out false statements off some fraud whatever..could this person be just a computer genius who knows what hes doing, or an idiot at home fooling us around??????
Just to let yous know dont fall for anything that you've never heard off.
Thanks cheers, enz
 27th of May, 2010 by   okiejim 0 Votes
Can't anyone shut down scams like INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTER? It looks as though they have access to names and addresses from around the world. This is scary. The economy must be starting to hurt these scum bags because they only wanted $12.00 from me, then discounted that down to $9.00. I hope they are able to feed themselves with the bad economy (he said with tongue in cheek).
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   telf 0 Votes
You obviously have a computer...Google it! It is definately a scam. I can't believe that there are comments suggesting that it might be legit. I guess that is why these thing persist...because there are enough gullible people ot there.

21st of Aug, 2010 by   Robster69 0 Votes
I found a way to stop it.You can go to peoplefinder.com or like sites and usually find a phone # or even look up the name signed to the letter and get their home or cell #s and call them on Sat or Sun and mess with them.The internet makes it possible for us to mess back. Robert M. Tenn.
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   Eispy 0 Votes
I just received a letter; along with another form to send $20 CAD to the "return address" in Kansas, today. I thought it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I'm glad I decided to check out the website...this complaints one was the top selection on the page, so you must know it's a scam! As far as I recall, READER'S DIGEST contests DO NOT require a "deposit, " so to speak. Looks like I'll be filing this under "G" for GARBAGE! Here, in Canada, the government has just passed a law to crack down on FRAUD...not sure how this applies, though, since the "company" is American.

Eispy
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Dillz 0 Votes
I just received my letter today as well. I have been promised R115000 only if i pay R150 ahead. Don't know what to do though because it looks real and all of you people say it's a scam but you have no proof at all!!! you can't say it's a scam because you haven't got your prize or your whatever yet because the letter says that you will only know if you won a prize if they tell you by November 15 2011 and you will only get your money prize if you do win on February 13 2012. I think you people should take a chance i mean even if it is a scam you are only losing $25. Big wow!!! If you think differently and maybe want to talk to someone who is also in the same situation as you then email me on drdman@hotmail.co.uk.

Fell free to say anything you want to me, express your opinion but i still want proof of this being a scam
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   Very grumpy 0 Votes
Hi, has anyone WON something yet!!! I did not think so!!!

Black Friday Shopping and New Computer Scam