logo

www.worldresortpromo.info
THEY ARE A SCAM
3. (15 mins ago)
bellojewelsonline.com
I got completely different ring
4. (27 mins ago)
www.collage.com
No collage and no idea how to get money back
5. (36 mins ago)
Duracell
Leaking batteries

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Horizon Gold Credit Card Complaints & Reviews - Not credit card like you would want

The Horizon Gold Credit Card Contacts & Informations

The Horizon Gold Credit Card

Posted:    carl d white

Not credit card like you would want

They send e mail like it a real credit card. But it's not. Then you can't hold of them to stop from taking money out of bank account.please let me know how to stop it. I don't like paying for something i can't use!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More The Horizon Gold Credit Card complaints
The Horizon Gold Credit Card - false advertizement

Comments

1st of Jul, 2007 by   Millie Plat 0 Votes
Ok now everyone seems to be going crazy with the word SCAM this card is not a scam if you would read the terms and conditions on the second page in the disclaimers in all capital letters it states:

"2. Disclaimers. HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ IS NOT A CREDIT SERVICES ORGANIZATION, BANKING INSTITUTION OR INSURANCE COMPANY, NOR IS IT AFFILIATED WITH ANY CREDIT SERVICES ORGANIZATION, BANKING OR INSURANCE INSTITUTION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A VISA, MASTER CARD, OR DEBIT CARD. THE HORIZON OUTLET CARD™ ACCOUNT IS A LINE OF CREDIT THAT CAN BE USED BY AN ACCOUNT HOLDER TO SHOP EXCLUSIVELY AT OUR ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITE. THERE ARE NO DOWN PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR PURCHASES AT OUR WEBSITE. HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ DOES NOT FACILITATE, NOR PROVIDE ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING CREDIT FROM ANY OTHER CREDIT-ISSUING ENTITIES. HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ DOES NOT CHARGE AN ADVANCED FEE TO ESTABLISH CREDIT, NOR DOES HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ ATTEMPT, OR CLAIM TO ATTEMPT, TO ESTABLISH, RE-ESTABLISH OR REPAIR ANY CUSTOMER CREDIT HISTORY. THERE ARE NO ENROLLMENT FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCOUNT."

No i know for a fact that this is printed in "2" font sizes bigger then the rest of the terms and for everyone calling this a scam. How could you not read before you sign up for something if you would like to blame a company for your mistake then fine fight it and lose just like everyone else has.

Thank you for your time.
 7th of Jul, 2007 by   Sean Hipple 0 Votes
Well, Millie Plat, you must work for this company and are paid so search the internet for people calling this card a scam and try to make their claims unfounded.

Well here is what I have to say about that...

SCAM!!!

I am not or ever was under the pretenses that this was a real visa or mastercard, but rather simply a normal department store credit card. but lets describe why this is a SCAM!!

First, it states "THERE ARE NO ENROLLMENT FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCOUNT." when I went through the actions of activating an account, I had to agree to pay $75 with my debit card just to activate the account and agree to let them take $14.95 out of my account monthly for a maintenance fee or something. (my numbers may be a penny or 2 off due to item number 2...)

Second, I tried to go back to the registration page to re-read the exact fees, and to re-read the terms of agreement, but, low and behold, you are not allowed to go back. It tells you that your alloted time to register has expired. all this tells me is that they do not want you to be able to go back and check up on them. Kinda shady, I think.

Third, I have been searching the web all over and can not actually find the site to go to actually see what online merchandise they are selling that I would have to choose from. This tells me that they probably don't have much to chose from and are simply just trying to get my money first before I find out I just paid them $75 and not buy anything.

But here is the best part of the SCAM!!!! the reasons you cant find an online store, and the reason they don't advertise that it is an online store, or ANYTHING is because they are playing on the emotions of people with bad credit really needing to re-establish their credit and will do almost anything to do so. They are tricking them out of their money. I mean, if you want a Victoria secret credit card, at least you know what you can buy.

Don't get this card!!! SCAM!!!

You are welcome for my time (to the people at horizon gold credit card).
 7th of Jul, 2007 by   Sean Hipple 0 Votes
I needed to ad one more thing.

Here is a line from the disclaimer listed above:

Here is the google search (paid advertisement to be on top of page in highlighted section)

Unsecured Credit Card

www.TheHorizonGoldCard.com
Reports to Major Credit Bureau All Applications Accepted.

What a joke of a company.. And by the way, I can still not find a way to see whats in the store.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   sherman goolsby 0 Votes
Can I go to any bank and take money off my card? If not can
I please get my $79.95 back because I am not very pleased about
this card. I thought maybe It would have had a visa or mastercard logo. can I please hear back from you A.S.A.P.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   Nikki Hall 0 Votes
If this is a scam i would like my money back into my account now i have bad credit already trying to repair it and i was dumb enough and paid the fee if this is a scam i want my money refunded or something this is right this is a joke thats not fair to people like us who have bad credit
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by   joseph melendez 0 Votes
I do not want this credit card and want my money refunded to my debit account. I have never recieved or used a card and want this problem taken care of immediatley. If not I will be contacting my attorney. Please contact me as soon as possible at the above email address.
 23rd of Oct, 2007 by   thomas scott gagnon 0 Votes
I was lead to believe there was a credit line well horizon gold credit card is a scam could not find the site to use it and I need a phone number to these people can you get a number so can cancel!
 29th of Oct, 2007 by   Cincinnati Boy 0 Votes
No offense to anyone who has posted a complaint on this website regarding the Horizon Gold Card, but I too received a pre-approval for this card in the mail. I went to the website, and all costs associated with the card are clearly stated in the "terms & conditions". Also, it states that you will be able to purchase merchandise on credit from The Horizon Outlet. A quick Google search provided me with the link that took me directly to the merchandise website. Finally, I would like to state that I DO NOT work for Horizon Card Services, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I'm sure that if you research both the Horizon Card Services website and the Horizon Outlet website, you'll find that I'm correct.
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   Tina Reeves 0 Votes
How can a company take money for something that I have not received. I have yet to receive a card of any kind nor a website to purchase anything. What is the 79.95 that they took from my account for? How can I contact this company? Where did my money go? How can I get it back? Why me? Does anyone know how or where to contact this company? What recourse do we have? I am so lost and I have no clue where to start!! HELP! Anyone! Do I have to just take this as a loss? This should be against the law.
 15th of Jan, 2008 by   ANGELA ALTMAN 0 Votes
I AGREE WITH THE COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS CARD I FEEL LIKE EVERY CARD SERVICES NEED A CONTACT NUMBER I WAS GOING TO APPLY FOR THIS CARD UNTIL I READ THE COMPLAINTS
 27th of Jan, 2008 by   ernest rodrigo 0 Votes
I also have one of these cards and i would like to cancell my card can you tell me how.
 30th of Jan, 2008 by   ANNE MARIE COLLINS 0 Votes
WHY DO YOU ALL APPROVE FOLKS FOR THIS CARD TAKE THEY MONEYAND THEY CAN ONLY SHOP ON LINE PEOPLE WANT THE ADVANGE OF A CARD THAT WORKS LIKE A REAL CARD GO IN STORES TO SHOP AND CASH ADVANCES I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL CARD IF I KNEW WHAT WEBSITE TO GO ON PLEASE MAKE ME FEEL DIIFERENT ABOUT YOU ALL PLEASE GIVE ME A REASON TO WANT A CARD FROM YOPU ALL.
 2nd of Feb, 2008 by   Scott Jeffrey Powers 0 Votes
I have also fell for this scam and to help out I did some research and according to http://www.bbb.org the phone number for this "company" is 1-800-251-6144
 20th of Mar, 2008 by   Can't Scam Me 0 Votes
I have taken the advertisment card to TBI and they are going to investigate the company. Also I would encourage all people that have a problem with this company to complain to the BBB about this comany. This is the only way to get this company and to possibly get your money back.
 24th of Mar, 2008 by   Erika Sanders 0 Votes
I was approved for the Horizon Gold card and they took 49.95 out of my account and I got my card, went to the website that it says to go to and there is all kinds of cook stuff on there i ordered some things and i just pay them a monthly bill yall must not be going to the website first. you have to get your card number before you can go on their website.
 5th of Apr, 2008 by   Ernestine Owens 0 Votes
My Name is Ernestine Owens. This card is not what i want i thought it was a credit card I will send this card back to you. Please credit my credit card my 99.99 dollars back to my credit card.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   Clint Brooks 0 Votes
Another company trying to take advantage of people with POOR CREDIT. I just rec'd this and have gotten some other SCAM cards recently as well. If you are trying to REBUILD your credit this is NOT the way to go. You have ot start from scratch again and I did it with a First Premier card. You have to pay some fees to get started but once you're in, youre on your way to REBUILDING.
How convenient that you can't see what you can buy until you sign up for the card...

SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   Khari C. Rayford 0 Votes
"In the mouth of two or three witnesses every WORD is ESTABLISHED". MUST BE A SCAM!
 24th of Apr, 2008 by   Lesa Corkes 0 Votes
I am so upset. I just ordered this card I actually knew it would not be a credit card however I thouged that since I was issued a member # I would be afforded the opportunity to see the merchandise that is offered. Once I found out I had to wait for the card I knew there was a problem. We live in the day and age of instant credit so there was no reason that I should not be able to see and shop immediately as, they give a you a temp card that you can print. To make this story short I called and canceled immediately and ended up paying 10.00 for my mistake. Just think if they mail that stupid pre-approval to enough people they could get rich off the cancellation fees.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

I wish I knew which collection agency gave out my bad credit info to these people. LOL
 5th of Jul, 2008 by   TINA COSEY 0 Votes
THE REASON, I THOUGHT IWAS GETTING A CREDIT CARD WAS SOLEY ON THE BASICS OF TRYING TO BUILD CREDIT, BUT WANT, I HAVE LEARNED FROM OTHERS IS THAT.THIS CARD IS A RIP OFF THATS MORE DAMAGING TO YOUR CREDIT.THEN A ACTUAL CREDITCARD.I KNOW LONGER WANT THIS CARD AND.I COMING KNOW TO BE RELEASED FROM THIS OBLIGATION.AND FOR YOUR COMPANY TO STOP TAKING MONEY FROM A N, ACCOUNT THAT HAVE BEEN CHANGED, DO TO UNWANTED CARD ACCOUNT.

How to Invest Without Much Money