logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Zong Tower
Installation of tower without permission
2. (5 mins ago)

The History Channel Contacts & Informations

The History Channel

Posted: 2011-06-05 by    HarryHuffer

Programming

The History Channel should change its name to "Crappy Reality TV Show Channel"- they've definitely taken the emphasis away from history. Its primary viewers don't care about Ice Road Truckers, Axmen and celebrity biographies. People who do watch Zone Reality and E! Entertainment for that stuff. This channel is going down the toilet and its very sad because there is so little educational programming on offer these days.

Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jun, 2011 by   molliewollie -2 Votes
Agree, used to love the history channel, nothing but reality tv now.
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   drayl -1 Votes
Yes if I wanted to drive a truck which I did I would, I sure as hell don't want to watch somebody do it especially a bunch of want to be 3rd class actors.Pickers, two bung wholes going around the country paying those pour people 10 percent of what those things are worth and bragging about it .Typical example of America in the 21st century. Yep pretty low grade crap and a commercial every 8Min. try to sell me Crap, nobody really needs.
 19th of Jun, 2011 by   Ray Sly 0 Votes
I tried to watch 'battle of the Bismark Sea' and the music and sound effects were so loud I could not here the comentator. It was bad before, but this time I had to change channels; the quiet was a welcome relief. P.S. I agree with the previous complaints about programming, it is not rewarding anymore!
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   Okra White -2 Votes
I channel-surfed into a History Channel program today. The few minutes that I could stomach indicated that (1) the entire American Revolution was a conspiracy of the Masonic Order, (2) the Founding Fathers were constantly drunk while doing the work of declaring independence (because all of the water in those days was contaminated and unfit to drink), (3) not only were they drunk, they were stoned (because hemp was a major crop of the colonies), and (4) the decision to declare independence was the result of the influence of an extraterrestrial or possibly time-traveling figure who has come to be known as the Professor. And this took only about five minutes to present. I wonder what other gems of history I missed.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   successones -1 Votes
The History Channel should be renamed the BS Channel. I advise a boycott. It has been a long time since I even tuned in or switched that absurd channel on.
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   mannmk7 -2 Votes
There is something far more devious going on with the History Channel, (H C) than meets the eye. The H C use to give us the history of Western Civilization. During the 1990's they use to run the history of everything meaningful to American Citizens. Unlike the crap we see now IT COULD BE WATCHED OVER & OVER and it was still good and most importantly it was ENRICHING. About a couple of weeks to a month before an American holiday the H C would run everything they could about the holiday. I loved it. For a whole month we would get the different stories about Christmas, Easter, Presidents Day, and movies/programs on the holidays. This immersed us in our history. It fully reminded us of the purpose of our history, and our holidays. This immersion mysteriously disappeared around the early 2000's. I believe that the History Channel INTENTIONALLY alimented History from the HC as a way to separate Americans from their history. The H C provided support to Americans. I believe that there is a connection between the Multi-culturalist Invasion of our country & the elimination of REAL AMERICAN HISTORY that made the illegal and legal aliens feel UNCOMFORTABLE. I have written the H C but they ignore the issues; there new ridiculous, programming that's remotely connected to history.
 13th of Jan, 2012 by   chabes9 -1 Votes
whoever is in charge there please quit. Swamp people? American pickers? Top shot? That new shrimp thing? Come on, I really used to enjoy watching things about history on the history channel. It's truly embarassing what you put on there now.
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   Pianist702 -1 Votes
Sadly, I agree. Years ago, this was my favorite channel on cable. For about 5 years I got rid of my cable tv due to financial constraints. About three months ago, I started subscribing again . . . very anxious to start watching the History Channel. Unfortunately, I have found NOTHING on it that interests me. It's always movies or "how to" reality shows that have nothing to do with history. The "military" history channel has some good things on it, but it's not my primary focus. It is so sad that the History Channel is reduced to the same JUNK that you can find on every other channel. I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED in the History Channel.
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   jimlu +1 Votes
The show swamp people is disgusting and embarrassing to see! Reptiles on this earth long before us and have toothless ignorant hillbillies killing them! I will NEVER watch the so called history channel again till I know this program is cancelled! I have spread the word as well for others to boycott! who's great idea was it to put this crap on tv?
 5th of Mar, 2012 by   unclebuck70 +1 Votes
Yes the history channel should not be allowed to call itself the history channel...this is what is wrong with america today. people watching canned "reality tv" lousey actors and lousy plot lines...its not history! i dont get it. those retards then behave like the tards on those shows in real life...and my god we live in a society of retards. Reality tv sucks! it offers no value. The executives running the channel need to be fired...you suck! money gruber nutfucks.
 7th of Apr, 2012 by   Teresa Ward -2 Votes
The History Ch. has become just another perverted, one way, slanted view, totally against the God of Israel, junk show !
I watched a show this morning called Bible Battles, that had a prejudiced author called Richard A. Gabriel, (Military History of Ancient Israel). He was disgusting & clearly prejudiced against Israel. The History Ch. showed horrible battle scenes that made the Israelites look like barbarians, instead of portraying them as people being lead by God & killing people mercifully wiping evil from the land, that He gave them ! They barely showed any scripture !!! The title was "Bible Battles" !!! This isn't the first time I saw this slighted view of God's people on this channel. They are clearly, anti-God & anti-Semitic & their shows are full of hate against God's people & misleading a multitude of people.
Filing complaints against them w/the FCC, is probably the best way to go. Hate crime ? You bet ! Against God & His people. Pray that the deception is revealed. Also, write & call their public address of record (I have yet to find this). Take a stand against evil, like God says to.
 13th of Apr, 2012 by   plumr60 0 Votes
I cancelled cable years ago because of the mindless crap on TV. Used to be history channel and discovery channel had informative fact filled shows on . Now all you get is braindead tabloid crap that 's an insult to an idiots intelligence. Who cares about swamp people and truckers and fishcatchers and bigfoot idiots. The background music on these shows sound like doom is approaching any second and you can't even hear anyone talk it's so loud. They repeat everything so much the shows wouldn't be 15 minutes long . Even the true crime shows are so over dramatic and dragged out that after 2 minutes who even cares anymore. All the ignorant pawn shows and storage shows and mythbuster crap has made everybody think they are a movie star and that we care about what they have to say. I only see these shows when I stop by my brothers house and they happen to be on. All it does is make me glad I haven't wasted my money on cable or satellite. If the mentality of this country has stooped to this kind of ignorance God help us all. By the way network tv isn't one bit better. Thank God for music
 13th of Apr, 2012 by   travid1234 0 Votes
I have to agree with all that I have read so far. It seems these shows have become directed toward kids. I probably get 100 channels and honestly switch between maybe 10 fav channels and they show repeats all day long.The repeats are dated 2012. Kinda tells you the variety they have to work with.they obviously generate alot of $. Probably not only in advertising but the vision and hearing doctors stay busy. ADHD is also on the rise. Could they be connected?The way the camera jerks around epileptic seizures may also increase.We watched an old 1938 John Wayne movie The Chisum Trail about a month ago and it honestly relaxed me and I found myself enjoying a movie. Real simple. Then again I am 57 and we watched TV for free(no not a black box)
 15th of Apr, 2012 by   Anti-Alien-Death-Squad -1 Votes
that would be repression, which is unhealthy. technically your complaint about the posters' complaints is the same scenario. if you don't want to read their collective complaints, don't click on the thread.
 15th of Apr, 2012 by   ChikaRG -1 Votes
I'm trying to watch Titanic 100 years: Mystery solved. Most of the program has been cutting off. It'd very annoying. I know for sure it's not my cable suppliers because all my other channels are working perfectly fine. I haven't been able to watch half cause all of a sudden the channel goes black. Are they gonna replay the show so I can watch the whole thing and not just pieces??
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   aliwithani84 0 Votes
Questions:
-Is this Really Important to Life? absolutely

-Will the world end if the History Channel changes its programming? very much indeed

-Has one ever heard about changing the channel if they don't like what's on? Maybe the remote is jammed

JUST SOME THOUGHTS TO THINK ABOUT
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   Hankyspanky +2 Votes
You are the ones paying for the cable/sat bs. There are just a couple of conglomerates that own all these channels and they are ripping you off blind! Here is a little something for you to ponder...
Let's say the AVERAGE cable/sat bill is $60.00.
Now estimate the number of homes in your neighborhood and multiply by 60.
Now estimate the number of homes in your town and multiply by 60.
Now do the same to your nearest city, then to your county, then to your state, then to the entire US, then to about 1/3 of the world.
That is a lot of bucks, folks. And then, they rerun more than half the programs over and over so they don't have to spend any money.
They will never allow ala-carte programming as I'm quite sure their lobbyists own a big chunk of Washington.
So what is the solution? - Over The Air TV is starting to make a comeback with the new digital channels, and I am not talking about the network stations like CBS, NBC, ABC. There are some pretty good programs that are starting to pop up on the higher channels - and its free - all you need is a set of rabbit ears or a roof top antenna. Check it out and then tell cable/sat to stick it! Another option is HULU, Netflix, and others that charge about $10.00 a month.
It's time for the GREEDY corporate mongers to go bye-bye. We're sick of it!
 10th of Jun, 2012 by   historygeek +1 Votes
Once upon a time there was a channel. It was a channel that provided knowledge and insight into world history. This channel was called "The History Channel". Then, for reasons known to none, something happened to the History Channel and it morphed into "The Pointless Channel". Many have risen in protest but their pleas go unheard. We can but live in hope that one day, ONE DAY!!! our pleas will be answered by those that control the Pointless Channel and the History Channel will be worth paying for once again.
 15th of Jun, 2012 by   XenoMiang +2 Votes
At least The National Geographic channel still plays some interesting informative things, I agree about the History Channel ... and now they have and H2 channel. Both the channels tend to play crap, it sucks because I love educational programming but the History Channel just doesn't have much anymore.
 29th of Jun, 2012 by   Mickey Warner +1 Votes
I have gotten to the point of not watching the History channel -- was one of my favorite programs on TV for many years. However, watching the same junk day after day has left me with no other choice but to go elsewhere. Example - Pawn Stars, Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People, Top Shot, and all the other crap has led me to believe someone at the History Channel in charge of programming has completely lost the real purpose of calling itself a quality show dedicated to History -- If I had authority of that show I would go back to the original programming or quit the job, or be fired and become a trash collector -- which is more befitting to his/hers talent.

How to Avoid Investment Scams