logo

THE WEATHER CHANNEL
BROADCASTING OLD FEATURE NON RELATED MOVIES
3. (46 mins ago)
Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club
Misleading and lies - i know because i worked there
4. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
5. (1 hr 23 mins ago)
www.mr-wire.com
Seller lied and hasn’t provided my order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Healthy - Weight Center of America, Brant Lake, 12815, New York Complaints & Reviews - unrealistic claims

The Healthy - Weight Center of America Contacts & Informations

The Healthy - Weight Center of America

Posted:    Carol Baker22

unrealistic claims

Carol Baker
PO Box 187
Brant Lake, 12815, New York
Phone: 518-796-1959
Dr. Kenneth Herdman claims spectacular results in England, France and around the world have prompted reports to call the SIZE ZERO PATCH.

When I Googled the doctor's name I found a complaint from England that claimed: "Spectacular results in the United States and around the world for a SIZE ZERO PILL."

He reports "NO FAILURES: The tiny % that did not complete the trial were not failures, they were people who lost so much weight so quickly that they decided to leave the lest early."

Who do I contact to get him investigated. He is praying on disparate women who need and want to loose weight. He claims it is all natural and safe with NO SIDE EFFECTs. But to loose 2 pounds of fat a day, for weeks, if it were possible, could make someone very sick.

Thank you, I hope you can help me.
Carol Baker
carolbakerrn@yahoo.com
Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Aug, 2009 by   christilena 0 Votes
I just recieved information in the mail about the size zero patch. I was going to send away for it, but thought I'd do a search on the company so called "The healthy-Weight Centres of America. Well I couldn't find anything on this company. So I then did a search on Dr. Kenneth Herdman, and all I have found are complaints, so thank you for your post, you have just saved me and hopefully many other women from making a big mistake and giving him our money. I thought false advertising was illegel?

Chris
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   cwest 0 Votes
Unfortunately I was one of the people who fell for the Zero Patch ads sent to me. When of course I did not loose one pound I tried to get my money back but they have completley ignored my request. This is a warning to all women and men, if you receive this ad, throw it away immediately. Chris from Florida
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   bigdogsheridan 0 Votes
I am looking for information to contact this company. I sent $66.90 to this company and never received the product. Can anyone help. Wayne from Florida
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   cmsgirl52 0 Votes
I also was going to order the size zero patch. I need to lose about 25 pounds and I thought I could get it done in very little time. Thank you for your post. I will not be ordering. Guess its back to counting calories and more exercise.
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   Wicket1995 0 Votes
I was about to order the size zero patch when I read these posts. I don't really want to be a size zero-only about a size 4-6 and I have as long as it takes to do it. I have already lost about 40 pounds in the last few years and am really just looking for a "boost". I know the claims are exaggerated but are they patently false-does it help at all?I am already eating reasonably well and exercising so will the patches just accelerate my weight loss a bit?
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   just want to help 0 Votes
I tried to send a message to Wayne with the phone number I have on the advertisement to try to get ahold of them 1-866-991-3991 is the number if you don't already have it. Also, in my search for this alleged "Dr" I found a company located in Morroco called
Lipo-Slim Laboratories advertising the 'Size zero Pill" which made all the same claims, same pictures etc. this company was investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority or ASA well here is the link if you are interested in the article and the findings(may need to copy and paste into browser) http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_45819.htm looks like after this happened he packed up and came to Florida to set up shop under a new name and a slightly different delivery method, patch vs. a pill. Either way I am SO SO glad I decided to dig deeper and found this information because I may have tried to convince myself that this was different or somehow WORKED now after this investigation.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   Rini 0 Votes
What an outrage to take advantage of those of us already struggling to deal with our weight situation. We are so anxious and driven to find some solution. I seriously thought about getting this "patch" but thought I'd check it out first. Wow!!! Am I ever glad I did. Thanks to all that sent in those comments.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   shy johnson 0 Votes
Hello my name is shy im looking for everyone that has a number to cantact them. it been 4 weeks i want my money back please email me at johnson.shy@gmail.com
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   margaretjane +1 Votes
I ordered the patch and unfortunately did not think to search the internet first for information. I too has been burne and have not lost one pound or one inch. I wanted to loose 50 lbs I picked up while going through a bad relationship.
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   misskitty2210 +1 Votes
I am at the end of my rope with this dieting. I will pretty much do anything to lose this weight. I guess if i had to die, I'd rather be beautiful and thin than fat and ugly.
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   lynerd +1 Votes
Thanks to all the postings, I too planned to order the patch, but will NOT now. It really did sound TOO good to be true.

Lynerd @att, net
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Swan Heart +1 Votes
I'm glad I checked this site. The company's claims are outrageous. I contacted the Fla. BBB in St. Petersburg. Although they have no complaints, they have requested information from the company and it has provided none. The comnpany's # is 866-991-3991 for those of you needing to get your money back. You can also complain to the Fla. consumer fraud division. It's online.
Kathleen
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   luv2lolridin +1 Votes
I also received the ad and looking on the net to see what I can find on it. The ad has 1-866-991-3991 as the number and address is The Healthy-Weight Centers of America, 4905 34th Street South, #4500, St. Petersburg FL 33711.

Found useful info here: http://ehealthforum.com/health/the-size-zero-patch-t196258.html#

The comments here make me know this is not a miracle patch as it claims in the ad. Guess I will do some more miles on the treadmill and keep trying the really natural way!

And more info here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090701170045AAqoVA6
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   Alethea +1 Votes
I also got the ad myself and today is my 1st day w/the patch. I had my husband take a picture of me and my weight down on paper to see how is works. I will keep a update for a hole mo. I'll let you know
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   directec +1 Votes
I also received this add in the mail. Thanks for everyones comments and real-life trials. I am sorry so many have lost their money. I will NOT be ordering this, but, hope that all of you get your money back !! Thanks for saving my money.
DF, Missouri
 15th of Oct, 2009 by   1414 0 Votes
For all you out there, he has set up shop in Canada! The address from the information sent to me is
Weight Centers of America
P.O. Box 214
Maxville, Ontario K0C 1T0
This dosn't mean he will reply as it is P .O. Box.
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   C.P. +1 Votes
Wow ladies, thank you all! As we all look for the "miracle" to losing weight, I am greatfull for thinking to check on line for info on this product. As always, your post and comments have not only saved me money but I am sure countless others. For those who have spent there hard earned money, do not feel badly WE ALL FALL FOR THESE TRAPS... it's only through failure that we learn, be glad you didn't spend thousands! I pray you all lose the weight and become the women God has created all of us to be! God Bless. C.P. from N.Y.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   L.B2 0 Votes
Thanks so much all of you. I was about to order, but something told me to check it out on the INternet. What a wonderful tool. I was looking up the alleged "Dr. Charles Oakley". I was not able to find much on that, but only on the basketball player. (smile) OF course, they look nothing alike. (laugh) I knew there was no super fast cure for obesity, but I thought, like another writer, I would at least get a boost. I never wanted to be a size 0 or even a 2, but I do want to be healthier. I was told by my doctor my metabolism is very, very low and we need to increase it. I thought about seeing how the patch worked, but I was skeptical and almost gave it a try.
Can we all file a class action suit? IF we did, with all these addresses, we probably could not find these "trashy" marketers and scam artists. They prey on others to make monetary profit. Like all, what's done in the dark will come out, but in this case; all is done in bright lights! I wish we had tougher laws against this.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   jolis24 0 Votes
I was told that it does work but you can't weight more then 150lbs because the ingredients won't go trough the skin and excess fat, just like the birth control patch that is not recommended to overweight people.
Does anyone who weighted less than 150lbs tried it?
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   WellDuh 0 Votes
I figured it was the old saying..."if it looks to good to be true...it usually is" That saying goes ESPECIALLY for weight loss, because they people know how hard we struggle and anything that looks to help lessen that struggle is so easily believed. Thanks for all your postings. Sorry to the people who weren't fortunate enough to check it out ahead of time. I love the internet!

'Cramming' Your Phone Bill Is Back