logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
2. (15 mins ago)
SELLS DEADLY BIRDS WITH DISEASES
3. (17 mins ago)
birds by joe
Birds by joe sells birds that die
4. (22 mins ago)

Posted:    Tamyera Campbell

Debit card identity theft

The Grants Research Center
thegrantsresearchcenter.com
I went to this website seeking help in finding a grant for medical/hospital to pay my bills, I am currently in the process of trying to gain Social Security disability. The is a required one time fee of $2.99 to be a member. Once I gave them my debit card, there have been $127.60 charged to my checking account through my card number-for WC billing, WB2systems, and others, . These are "Webcam" websites that I have never been to or contacted. My bank is researching this and had to put a security block on my card. THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED, plus they gave me no info except how to contact drug companies for free prescriptions-thats not what I went there for to begin with.
Comments United States Government Grants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2010 by   blankspace000 0 Votes
 13th of Jun, 2010 by   macgyver30 0 Votes
this company the grantsresearchcenter.com is a fraud, i believe that the government should make this company be permanantly shut down, and the fraud income they have obtained illegeally, especially, when you tell them you want your service cacelled then they dont cancel it and contenue to charge your card, and then get you introuble with your bank. when the customer has asked them tocancel. then they try to concele their phone number from the bank. I beleive if the fbi would investiaget such company they would find that these companies are also frauding the IRS.
 10th of Aug, 2010 by   Fuhadith Haboud 0 Votes
There is another company called "Grants Research Center" that only helps students get a scholarship. Please do not get confuse. the Scholarship company “ Grants Research Center” Is legitimate and helps students without charging your debit or credit card.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   ebethmejia 0 Votes
This "Grants Research Center" that helps students get a scholarship and grants is also a scam, i am a student and they fooled my aunts, and me saying that we just have to send letter to companies that they will send us the information about, and when we did they did not answer back, and the one that did they said we did not qualify for the scholarships.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   ROSA SANTOS 0 Votes
WHEN YOU DO NOT GET A SCHOLARSHIP. GRANTS RESEARCH CENTER GIVES YOU A REFUND IF YOU PAY FOR THE SERVICE AND DO NOT GET A GRANT. "IT IS NOT A SCAM".
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   GRANT SERCH APPLICATION 0 Votes
THE GRANT RESEARCH CENTER WWW.GRANTRESEARCHCENTER.NET THEY ARE A CROOK, THEY FOOLED MY SISTER IN LAW WITH $350.00.THEY CAME IN NOVEMBER 2010 IN SAN JOSE, CA WE CAN'T CONTACT THEM AND NOW THEY CANCELLED THE PHONE # 800-471-0978 (PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT)
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Rose Henranadez 0 Votes
There is a new phone number number. look on their website WWW.GRANTRESEARCHCENTER.NET and you can talk to them. I got 3 scholarships thank to their service. I'm sure your sister and law can get a scholarship if she follow their directions. You need to apply with each company they give you. You need to do your part.
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   Mchinchilla 0 Votes
In October of 2010 Grants Research Center held a seminar at the Radison Hotel in West Covina to help students get scholarships. The fee for their service to research the companies you qualify for was a total of $249.00 plus $19.99 of shipping and handling. Grants Research Center seminar's presented by Faith Valle (702) 466-0284 are a FRAUD!! They take your money and never send you information and if they do it is invalid and expired information. Then when you try to contact them through phone or email they do not answer. If any one else has suffered from this similar situation caused by this company, please reply. We must unite and stop them from robbing other poor innocent students. Don't fall for any of their false contact information like the one listed below:
871 Coronado Center Dr., Ste 200 Henderson, Nv. 89052