The Fertility Shop

Product nor reimbursement received

The Fertility Shop
New Jersey
I sent almost $200 for an ovulation test kit and didn't receive anything! When I contacted them it was almost impossible to get a hold of them, the phone number never was answered, never went to voicemail. Finally I found an email and it took awhile to get answered back. Finally 'Diane' said they hadn't even shipped the product (about 2 months after my cheque was cashed), they said I sent the wrong amount (CDN vs USD) which they never bothered to post anywhere or let me know so I got suspicious and said I wanted my money back rather than pay the $40 difference (plus she said the difference was actually $90, like that's a realistic exchange rate on $200!). Finally 'Diane' told me that they would cut me a cheque the week of Janurary 29th, 2009 (I made the order middle of October) and after two more follow up emails, that were not even acknowledged, I still don't have my money back to this date. After looking into the feedback on this company (too bad I did it after the fact) it is clear this is a scam, there are far too many stories of people not getting what they ordered and not getting reimbursed either! How horrible to scam women already in pain because of the inability to have children, who only want anything that will help the hope they might still be able to conceive! Dispicable! I'm finding as many places as I can to post negative comments about them, hopefully save other women from the same deceipt. I really wish I had read more on them before deciding to buy.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

18th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I filed a formal complaint against www.thefertilityshop.com with the BBB and urge others to do so. Fertility is not something to be treated in this manner.
 17th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have tried numerous times to call the number posted on thefertilityshop website. No answer, no voicemail. I started getting suspicious and thought I just got scammed. I ordered a product on Sept 17, 2013. It's now Oct 17, 2013 and I haven't received the product I ordered. I emailed the email address provided on their website and received an auto-generated email saying that if I use a yahoo or gmail account, that I submit an email using a non-yahoo, non-gmail account. This website needs to be shut down for good. They're taking advantage of people who are already desperate to have children. I should have checked this website/business reputation first before I made a purchase.

Contact Us