logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
2. (26 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (28 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
4. (59 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper
5. (59 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Fatwood Company Complaints & Reviews - Please use caution when ordering from this company

The Fatwood Company Contacts & Informations

The Fatwood Company

Posted:    Oslan

Please use caution when ordering from this company

The Fatwood Company
I ordered and paid this company for 40 pounds of fatwood.(used for helping to start fires in fireplaces)It was the second time I ordered from this company. My address was somehow incorrect (honestly it is hard to tell who made the error-the company or the shipper-UPS)The package was returned to the company. I tried to phone MANY times, left a message and never received a return phone call. I emailed several times - ONCE getting a reply, that explained that after they deduct shipping costs (both ways) I would receive a refund in the mail(given that it was already spring I no longer needed the product.) I emailed back and explained that the shipping to me had already been paid by me-it was included in the order. Given how hard I had to work to contact them in the first place I suggested that we split the return shipping. That was the last contact we had. I never received a refund or ANY responses. They have my money AND my product. I think to treat a REPEAT, really any customer this way is shameful. I have contacted the BBB and the company has ignored them as well.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2010 by   rrnr -1 Votes
In response to the complaint recieved:

I double checked the delivery address submitted by the customer and the address appearing on the UPS tracking number. Both addresses were the same, however the product was returned as "address does not exist". We had to pay for both shipping to the customer and return shipping back to our warehouse. When we recieved an email from this customer stating that we had shipped the product incorrectly and also stating that she did not want the product anymore I stated that I would check into it and provide a refund per our refund policy. Our policy clearly states that refunds are given for any product for any reason less the cost of actual shipping. I felt however that is we had made a mistake in shipping that we owed a full refund. After double checking the address submitted and the address recieved by UPS I found we had shipped the package per the customers instructions. Actual shipping costs exceeded the price the customer paid because we were charged both to ship 40 lbs to the customer and to ship it back. For this reason I made the decision not to grant a refund. If this had been our mistake I would have gladly returned a full refund.
 26th of Nov, 2011 by   KristopherAB +1 Votes
I placed an order for 40# of fatwood with this company 3 week ago and no product has arrived. I have emailed several times and called twice and left messages but have received no response. When I try to check the status of my order on line using the link provided in the order confirmation email, there is no information listed there (it is just blank). I will give them another week to respond or provide the product and if no response will dispute the credit card charge. Note that they charged my credit card immediately when I placed my order. This seems like a poorly run business.
 30th of Nov, 2011 by   Debby McPeters +1 Votes
OK, this is really a sad company as far as communication and order processing goes. Placed my order on 11-11-11, today is 11-29-11. Emailed company for status at lease 5 times, called at least 3 times. No response at all. Product was paid for on order date. How hard can it be to respond to your customers? I checked the website and there is no shipping info available for my order number. Hey FATWOOD COMPANY, DON'T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS?????? Either provide the product or send me a refund!
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   trukinit11 0 Votes
I can top everyone! I unfortunately had the same shipping issues as everyone else(paid for my order and then they didn't ship it for weeks) but when my order did finally arrive, the wood I received was nothing more than strips of normal wood!!! What a scam! I will not be bothering with the traditional return process, as I can see that will get me nowhere. I encourage everyone to contact the better business bureau, and file a complaint! At the same time I will be personally returning my purchase, as I am a truck driver and I am out that way all the time.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   TMos 0 Votes
Hey Everyone, I placed an order on their website and used PayPal. Not only have I not received my order but return phone calls or responses to email. The Fatwood Company is a prime example of how anyone can post a website and make money off taking advantage of people. I contacted PayPal and file for a credit, not sure if this will lead to anything. However, my plans are to report them to the local and federal authorities. Based on the complaints I see on this website it is obvious this guy is committing fraud and theft. My plans are to contact the local and federal authorities.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by   digs 0 Votes
I ordered 50 pounds of Fatwood 3 weeks ago and have just started the emailing and calling process, Seeing these complaints doesn't give me much confidence. Luckily, I used my Amex card and they tend to side with the customer, so I'm confident I'll get a refund if push comes to shove. I'd much prefer the fatwood. I will say this, If I have to jump through all these hoops...I will make sure that every forum I frequent, which consists of tons of Gun, Knife, Camping, Prep and Survival sites (easily 20+ sites..and all the biggies..GlockTalk, AR-15.com, BladeForums etc), knows how The Fatwood Company operates.
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   Barleymash 0 Votes
Yeah, this company needs to be exposed. Last year it took them nearly two months to get me my shipment. I thought it was a fluke; at least I received a package. This year, it's been two months already and no response to six phone calls and two e-mails.
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   digs 0 Votes
I figured I should update this...after leaving a series of nasty calls and emails, I got my Fatwood a few days later. Then about 6 weeks later I got another box of 50 lbs in the mail. Perhaps is was a gesture for the inconvenience, perhaps it was another example of them being disorganized. Who knows?

Bank of America Scraps Overdraft Fees