logo

Latest Questions

The Dump, Irving, Texas Complaints & Reviews - All around bad experience

The Dump Contacts & Informations

The Dump

Posted:    Shop at the dump-sleep on the floor

All around bad experience

The Dump
Irving, Texas
We purchased a king mattress and box spring from The Dump on 11/14/2009. Paid for them, checked to make sure they were in stock and scheduled delivery for 11/21/2009. When we had not heard from them by 4 PM, I called to see where the delivery was. Customer service told me the matress was on back order and would not be delivered until after 11/25. A short time later, the delivery crew showed up with only the box springs! BIG PROBLEM! We had already disposed of our old mattress. When we went to the store to ask for a refund, we were asked to leave or they would call the police. Everyone was very rude and we got NO satisfaction. Following our visit, we made several phones calls to their customer service deptartment and were finally told they would refund our $1750.00 in 7-10 days, minus restocking and delivery charges and of course we had to return the box springs. We were warned about them by another major retailer, that they indeed used Bait and Switch or delivered sub-par materials but didn't believe it. Well, now we do!. We will take them to civil court and no doubt win but WHAT A HASSLE. Please, if you want quality and good customer support, don't go to The Dump, the name fits...
Comments United States Mattresses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Dec, 2009 by   GJF728 +1 Votes
Absolutely agree! Similar bad experience..same day as a matter of fact..11/14/09 at the Dump in Oaks, PA. Purchased a $2, 800 mattress & box springs & expected delivery on 11/27. Paid $109 for delivery but no removal of old bedding was included! Day of delivery (after we had moved our old mattress) they called to reschedule saying the truck broke down. Later when I called customer service to complain I was told the mattress was on backorder. Lot of good that did us with our old mattress on the Living Room floor! After arguing with them for 10 minutes, they said they would do something they never do...give us a $100 store credit. Big deal...then one week later they are advertising free delivery and $100 store credit if you buy something that weekend!!

Then the delivery was set for 12/5. Tried to cancel the order so we could go with someone else and were told we'd have to pay $374 for restocking fee. Decided to keep the order rather than give $374 away. Then when everything arrived on 12/5 the mattress was soaking wet and stained in one corner. Also one of the box springs. Sent the whole order back..totally frustrated!

So here we are with $2, 800 on my credit card for three weeks with no merchandise. Just called the credit card company to dispute the charges, which they will do with no interest charges, thankfully. Glad I used credit. I'm done with the Dump...never set foot in the place again. Like my wife's friend said "Why to you think they call it 'the dump' anyway?"

Jerry in PA
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   FED UP WITH THE DUMP +1 Votes
Same thing here in Irving Texas: bait-and-switch, lies, defective products, poor disclosure... and on and on. I wish that I had my money back. This was an EXPENSIVE lesson to learn... but we'll move on. Learn from this: stay AWAY FROM THE DUMP!

Help for Homeowners: HARP 2.0