logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Electrolux
Double Oven will not heat after cleaning process
2. (3 mins ago)
morphsuits.com
not so nice
3. (13 mins ago)
Ymax Oration
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
www.ea.com
Being charge a fee yearly that we do not want
5. (14 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Camera Professionals Complaints & Reviews - Not professional company!

The Camera Professionals Contacts & Informations

The Camera Professionals

Posted:    James Pautot

Not professional company!

This company will not return an email or telephone call. I purchases a Nikon camera and a special deal with this company. The soft camera case does not fit the camera. The case is a video camera case. My D200 is too wide to fit in the bag. Also nothing else will fit in this bag. Next was the hard case. Small and cheaply built. I can get the camera and a lenses in it only after disassembling the lens from the camera. Next was the tripod... 52" tripod. My fault. I should have realized it was for a kid. Then comes the lenses. I was lead to believe I was getting Nikon lens with this package deal. Instead I got Tamaron lenses. They do the job but I was told I would be getting the Nikon lenses. On these lenses the mount on one is plastic and the other is metal. I was told they were both metal mounts. Anyway what a great salesperson. Got me good. I would recommend this camera to most anyone but buy it from a reliable and honest source. Not The Camera Professionals.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2007 by   Ed Barrett 0 Votes
Run don't walk from these guys... I bought a Fuji digital camera from them over the internet... their web site clearly stated what was to be "in the box" and new. Half of it was missing when it arrived... no warranty, generic white box. They said "oh, the manufacturer stopped sending all the other items that normally comes with the camera. But their website still, a month later, still has the same advertisement promo. It looked refurbished. After arguing with them and having to ship it back, they finally credited my card but failed to credit my shipping costs back as they had promised. DON'T BUY FROM THESE GUYS... bad news.
 29th of Jun, 2007 by   Chris Schoenjohn 0 Votes
Yes run from these guys ..they don't respond to emails... rude on the phone... dishonest... they do bait and switch... have ads with great prices and never come through... yet they take your order...
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by   Christin Petrowski 0 Votes
Yep... this company is bad. Horrible on the phone (I didn't try email), incompetent... Don't buy from this company.
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by   Brent Creech 0 Votes
I ordered a Canon Camcorder from this company almost a month ago. Haven't heard a peep from them since. No response to E-Mails, only an answering machine on the order line. I think when I didn't go for the "package deal", my order got trashed. Had to call after ordering online to "confirm" order. Sales guy was very short when I told him I only wanted the camcorder. I have not seen a charge on my Credit Card yet.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by   Christin Petrowski 0 Votes
This company is horrible. Completely inefficient. They offered me expedited shipping (three days) because they had messed up my order so badly and today (day three, when it should have arrived) I got a message from UPS saying that it had JUST been shipped. That was today at 5pm... The manager (who I waited half an hour to speak to) on the phone was an asshole, and when I told him the company had lots of negative reviews on the internet, he claimed that it was because no one reported the good things, just the bad ones. DO NOT USE THIS E-BUSINESS.
 9th of Jul, 2007 by   michelle harrington 0 Votes
This company is extremely unprofessional and sketchy. I would NEVER suggest ordering from them even if their prices are slightly cheaper. They advertised a camcorder for a low price so I ordered it. Then they called me to tell me that it did not include the viewfinder or LCD screen. So it was really a camcorder BODY. This was completely unclear on the website. Then the person on the phone would not answer my questions and instead tried to up sell me. When I asked to speak to someone else they argued with me rudely. When they finally put me on hold they then picked back up and tried to make their voice sound different. Stay away or beware!
 10th of Jul, 2007 by   Robert Karl Skoglund 0 Votes
I'm looking for a camera.

I saw the low camera prices and googled the company, thinking they might be bad news, just like a company called Avalon Gadgets got me several years ago.

Looks like these are the same folks that were running Avalon Gadgets. See Consumer Fraud on my The humble Farmer web page. I'm sorry that people are still getting ripped off by these people.

When you can't find an address for the company on their web page --- this is bad news. Red flags should jump up everywhere when you can't find their location on their web pages.

Always look for a location of a company before you buy from them. Always Google the company name along with "reviews" before buying from anyone over the Internet.

Then your name won't turn up in letters like this.

I'm Robert Karl Skoglund. I live at 785 River Road, St. George, ME 04860.

I got ripped off by folks who had no address on their web page and who came across just like you're reading about above. But they are going to have to work to get me again. Since then I've done business with that big company --- you know who. You'll pay a fair price, and you know they are quicker than rabbits when it comes to returning an item. And that's worth saving a couple of hundred dollars worth of grief right there. The humble Farmer.
 11th of Sep, 2007 by   Jenna Hall 0 Votes
Ahh these guys totally ripped off my mom and when she tried to get the return code the guy cursed her out. it is appalling. this was the same guy who "helped" her pick out a package. after much arguing, the guy finally gave my mom an address... two different addresses in fact. we don't know which one to return to, and if we cant get it back within 7 days we will have to keep the hunk of junk. help! did any of you manage to return your items and get (most) of your money back (minus the "restocking fee" which im sure is their only source of revenue)?
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   Bob Smith 0 Votes
Greetings - I ordered an Olympus; they called once and immediately quit even answering their phone. They don't respond to e-mails.

I called my bank and blocked payment, immediately.
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   R. Proffitt 0 Votes
Had all the same problems and complaints as everyone else with this company. No return calls, emails, and certainly as unprofessional as they come. Wish I could undo it all.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   Everett Rasso 0 Votes
I have also been taken by the Camera Professionals. I bought a Pioneer navagator.........advertized by them for approx. $1385. Salesperson called three days after I purchased it on line and told me I would need a mic. in order to speak to or use the system. I told them it was all included in the package, but they insisted that it didn't. They talked me into another $200 worth of items or the system wouldn't work. It came the next day by UPS and all the items they told me I needed were already sealed in the package. They sold me these Items while the package was in transit.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   A. Teaney 0 Votes
These people are NOT professinals at all!! Yes, run away from this company. They left me on hold for 10 - 15min each time I called; I've gotten cut off automatically while waiting on hold after 10 mins! They are rude when you do finally talk with them. They only respond to certain emails.

On a Sunday evening, I placed an order with 3-day delivery. Paid an extra $19.99 for it. Called Monday morning in response to an email they sent regarding confirming my billing address. On Wednesday mid day I sent an email confirming the delivery for Thursday and received an email back saying the item was on back order for 2-3days and to let them know if I want to keep the order or cancel it. (It's good darn thing I checked on it!!!!) I immediately responded that I wanted to cancel the order. I needed the camera for a friend's birthday party gift that weekend. I also called to cancel and that's when I got cut off several times. I sent another "Please cancel this order" email. No response from the company.

I then ordered the item overnight from Amazon.com for a total of $10.00 more and received it on Thursday afternoon. Perfect. No problems.

I received the camera from "the company" on Monday, seven days after I ordered it on the 3-day shipping selection that I paid $19.99 for. The return address was unfamiliar to me, so I opened the box. I called to get a cancellation return merchandise authorization number and requested that they pay to have it shipped back. Oh my, the guy was so rude and unprofessional I could not believe my ears. People like that should not be in business! I don't know how they stay in business. I certainly will spread the word among my family and friends regarding this 'company'.

Because I opened the box to see what this was, he would NOT even consider paying for the return...even though they did not honor their end of the 3-day delivery deal, nor did they bother to communicate that the item was on back order.

Never again.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   David Palaia 0 Votes
Don't get involved with "the camera unprofessionals". They are a pathetic excuse for a business. I ordered a camcorder, and I get an email saying that if I don't call them to verify my credit card info, they will cancel the order. I call back, and I am put on hold for 20 minutes. Already, the simplicity and ease of online ordering has gone out the door. After I go through all that, they tell me the item I ordered is on back order for 2-3 weeks. I remain patient for what was really a good deal. Well, I wait over three weeks then I email them to ask what is going on. They tell me that the item is still back ordered for 1-2 weeks. I finally just canceled the order. Don't waste your time with this company!!! They don't have it together. USE A MORE REPUTABLE COMPANY!!
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   Ake Karlsson 0 Votes
This company has good rating with "RatingsPlanet.com", how can that be?
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   britney woolford 0 Votes
I am so glad I came across this web site. I spoke with Elon on Monday. He said the new canon 40d was in stock, and if I placed my order I could get my overnight shipping as promised. NOT SO it has already been one day and rather then take my chances I called my bank, blocked payment, canceled my order, and just went to a local retailer. I may have paid $600 more but it seems to be worth the future headache I might run into.

It's a shame all this happened to other people but thank you for you post. You all saved me, and they won't get any of my business.
 26th of Sep, 2007 by   Thomas Coady 0 Votes
They promised a gps, but baegan a bait and switch right off the bat. Don't trust or deal with these people.
NOT TRUSTWORTHY!
 28th of Sep, 2007 by   tom maccay 0 Votes
I bought from the camera professioals and everything was delivered on time as promised. The only thing I am concerned is if Fuji will honor the year warrenty.
 5th of Oct, 2007 by   Patrick Aragosa 0 Votes
I bought a Kodak digital camera that was supposed to be new, but it came in a white generic box (may be refurbished?). I too wonder if I have a warranty through Kodak or someone else. The sales rep told me I have a 90 day warranty, however, the Kodak manual in the box states 1 year warranty. When I called to verify this with CP another rep told me I have a 1 year warranty through them and to contact them if I have a problem with the camera. As a result, it makes me wonder about their reputation. Also, the camera came with a dead battery! My advice is beware if you're considering this company.
 6th of Oct, 2007 by   Robert Martin 0 Votes
Same as above...Closed when their website said they were
open, was given the run-around about where the product was, they said it would ship Monday, on Friday, when I called to ask about its status, it was now on back order!! Canceled order. Went to Newegg and had the camera in 3 days. These guys really do suck.
 8th of Oct, 2007 by   barry payne 0 Votes
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
i ordered a kodak easy share camera from this company along with a 1 gig card, extended warranty and case, i was guaranteed delivery on monday, day of my daughters birthday, and so when i got no reply from them by e mail notifying me of my tracking number i got concerned, i called the complany direct and got only a recording, this was a friday, they only are closed on saturday.
i called again on sunday and talked to some foreigner i had a very hard time understanding who in a very unkind way told me to call back on monday and speak with the customer service department.
i just called and spoke with a woman who informend me that the camera was on back order, had no idea when it would come in and ask if i wanted to cancel, my response was YES, ABSOLUTELY.
i attempted to find out what went wrong as i had been told my Maurice my sales person that the camera was in stock, it woujld ship immediately and that i would have it by monday , my daughters birthday, NO PROBLEMS, and after having to ask the woman in complaints to repeat her story to me as she spoke terrible english, i finally figured out that the camera was not in stock and if i wanted to cancel fine, if not she cared less.
TAKE MY ADVICE, NEVER ORDER ANTHING FROM THIC COMPANY, IT MISREPRESENTS WHAT IT SAYS , DOES NOT FOLLOW UP ON OREDERS, TAKES EXTRA DAYS OFF SO YOU CAN NOT REACH THEM AND DOES NOT ANSWER E MAILS SENT TO THEM.
o1dbe