logo

FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Body Shop, New York, New York Complaints & Reviews - Horrible Customer Service in Store

The Body Shop Contacts & Informations

The Body Shop

Posted:    iipinkie

Horrible Customer Service in Store

1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York
Phone: (212) 397-3007
My friend had an accident in the store and one of the sales rep who was around her late 40s-50s was SO RUDE. She made a comment on how drinks were not allowed but if that was true, the security guard would have stopped us and told us that. The sales lady then continued to talk loud about my friend as if she was not there and basically she was rude and inconsiderate. She was definitely not taught her sales rep etiquette. That was only half of our horrible experience there. I found out the 5 for $30 sale was only targeted towards certain products in the store so I was kind of disappointed but then I saw the buy 3 get 2 free sale sign. So I of course picked up 5 skincare items. Once they rang me up, the total came out to be a lot. I checked the receipt and asked them why it was so much. The second lady said the sale only applied to the body lotions. I made a mistake which is my fault BUT the older woman goes "CAN'T THEY READ?" Bottom line, I love the body shop and their customer service in the store but that one trip to the Rockefeller store just ruined my impression and mood of the store. I don't know how that older woman got hired but someone higher up needs to do something about her behavior otherwise they'll lose a lot of customers this way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the body shop because of their products and customer service in OTHER store locations. But this store, I HATE. A little advice to you guys if you're ever near visiting, don't go to that store. Horrible customer service and that woman (Mindy? Minnie? Something with beginning with an M, I think) will ruin your shopping experience and at the same time, she'll make you feel stupid.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Aug, 2010 by   Kazenorei 0 Votes
Im the friend who went to the body shop with her. I was hoping to try one of their products but that sales representative made me not want to buy anything from them. Talking shit about a customer in front of their face is one of the worst thing a sales representative can do, and this lady did it without blinking an eye in front of OTHER customers. We could have just said nothing and move along but I never seen anyone treat a customer that way.
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   wbink1500 0 Votes
I recently had a really bad experience in that same store. I wonder how they do any business at all. Must be the same snotty girl. I guess they do well because it is Rockefeller Center but they could do a much better business if they got rid of the ridiculous employee.
 5th of Feb, 2013 by   GinaMdavis 0 Votes
I had a similar experience in Bangalore Body Shop ( at Forum Mall, Whitefield)
They had a 50% discount as a promotional scheme and I bought Body Butter. When I opened the product the material inside had curdled and gave out a really bad stench.
The expiry was April 2013 as per the sticker of the marketing company Quest Retail which imports this product in India. They have hidden the actual original manufacturers expiry of the product using a new sticker. In away the Indian franchisee is spoiling the name of the MNC brand by selling expired products at a steep discount to clear stock.
As a MNC it is surprising that Body Shop has not put in place systems to track this kind of cheating of customers . This will injure the brand value over time if people in India continue to get expired products ( under special promotional offers launched by Indian franchisees). This is a serious offense in the West and god forbid if there is an adverse chemical reaction on the face of one of the BodyShop clients due to using expired products then it will lead to litigation. I plan to take this up in the Consumer Forum and expect the company to be responsible enough to prevent such occurrences in the future.

Gina Davis
GinaMDavis1970@gmail.com
 4th of May, 2014 by   Jeanbrett 0 Votes
I bought hand cream at Body Shop the seams are leaking out hand cream what a mess

Fraud Seeks Personal Information In Exchange For Tax Rebate