logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
2. (7 mins ago)
shoe palace
store policy/lack of customer service
4. (9 mins ago)

4025 Woodland Park Blvd Suite 410
Arlington, Texas
Phone: 1-888.860.4205
texaspoweronline.com
We were referred to this company through the christian radio station 99.3 KLTY so we thought is would be safe.

Several months went by at a rate of 11.9 Cents per KW so needless to say we were happy and seen no reason not to be. We went out of town for two weeks in July and expected our bill to be cheaper. When it arrived in the mail, much to our surprise our 11.9 cent rate jumped to 19 cents per KW and our bill was $100.00's more then the previous month despite the fact we had used HALF the electricity!

I called to inquire why and she stated it was because gas prices had increased..blah blah. Needless to say it takes approx. a month to switch companies so we had to ride it out another month before the change went into affect.

Bill number two comes in again almost $400.00's! for a mobile home! Tears streaming down my face, I didn't know what we were going to do. I still don't! To make matters worse we then received a notice the same day stating they had UNDER BILLED us for the last six months and that we were responsible for the 6 consecutive month BILLING error.

They stated that according to PUC rules and regulations they have the ability to bill you for any undercharged amount within a 6 month time frame which was exactly to the "T" what they were doing. They said in addition to the $400.00 bill for August we now owe them an additional $175.00's! for their billing error and that we have no rights but to pay!

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! is all I can say~

I called 4 times and was referred to the bill pay arrangement desk where I was forced to leave my name and number for a call back.

I am the mother of three young children and go to school full-time pre-med. My middle child has a rare genetic disorder. Needless to say at this point in our life we are extremely low income and don't know what's going to happen from here. WE may be low income but I am highly educated and I Will report them to every person I can to prevent this from happening to more innocent people!

I've filed with the Better B.B. and the P.U.C.

I called to request bill pay assistance which they claim to have for families experiencing severe financial hardships! They referred me to 211 and told to seek help from my community providers!

AGAIN BEWARE..and please pass the word!
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Texas Power complaints
Texas Power - False advertising

Comments

13th of Jan, 2009 by   jacksom1 0 Votes
I was also referred to this company by a Christian Radio Company 94.9. They did the same exact thing to my husband and I. In September we received a bill for 990.00. They had substantially raised our rates and then back billed us for the past six months. The only reason we signed up with this company is because they offered a lower rate. But that is what they do, they get you in with a below market rate, then six months later, raise your rate, tell you they should have never billed you that low and back bill you for the difference. Completely UNETHICAL...

Beware of this company.
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   timmylee 0 Votes
My family had the same experience with Texas Power. I signed up after
seeing their billboards all over town, and hearing good things on the radio.

We got locked in at 11. something per kwh, and almost immediately went
up to 21 cents per kwh. My bill doubled, even more then my bills were with the
previous utility provider prior to switching. I received a 500.00 monthly bill
for a small duplex, prior to this, my highest bill ever was 350.00. They too
blamed on fuel costs going up (which was already at it’s highest when I signed
up). The last time I checked, we do not burn fuel or to make electricity.

To make a long story short, we switched. I found the support at Texas
Power to be frustrating, and un-helpful, they really don’t care about the
customer. By the way, everyone is managers up there. Get tired of the
idiot on the other end, and there is no one else to turn to.

In short, I switched to Texas Power to save money, but ended up spending
more. BUYER BEWARE…..
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   TommK 0 Votes
Today is March 22, 2012 and I just received a bill from Texas Power for billings dating back to January of 2011 trying to re-charge me for what they say are actual charges that total up at $720.39. What strikes me funny about all of this is we have a smart meter so how come it took them so long to make this adjustment. I think this company is hurting and is trying to pull a fast one on it's customers to make up for their poor business practices. Even if the charges are correct why did it take them so long to notify us? I cannot believe the PUC and the State of Texas allow such practices, this is equal to a bait and switch con scam and I feel criminal charges should be made against them by the state. Anybody else have this problem with this provider or another one?

How to Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank