logo

Wholly unacceptable

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TerrificPets.com, PupCity.com Complaints & Reviews - Bait & Switch, Dishonest!

TerrificPets.com, PupCity.com Contacts & Informations

TerrificPets.com, PupCity.com

Posted: 2011-05-30 by    Recherche

Bait & Switch, Dishonest!

TerrificPets.com, PupCity.com
TerrificPets.com
I am a breeder that has been advertising on dozens of websites for over 7 years. I have worked with almost every website around to advertise my puppies but I have NEVER had any problems except with TerrificPets.com and PupCity.com. Both websites are the same company. I was contacted by a "Jason Futch" of PupCity.com asking me to advertise on their website and if I do so they will give me 3 months of free advertising on TerrificPets.com. I took him up on the offer without EVER giving PupCity my credit card info. I was planning on canceling my free trial of PupCity.com unless it produced results. I received around 10 hits on my website from their horrible website so I decided not to continue with PupCity.

Remember, I NEVER gave them my cc info and there was no way on their website to Cancel your subscription. I've never seen a website where you could not cancel online. I called PupCity (just to find out they are really TerrificPets) and was told that I have to email them and ask to be canceled. I did so on April 24, 2011 but on April 29, 2011 I was charge $29.95. The only way they could have even charged me is by using my credit card I supplied to TerrificPets.com and not PupCity.com. That in and of it's self is illegal. I contacted them repeated over the phone and with email about refunding my money and they were extremely rude. They refused to give me my $29.95 back even though I clearly canceled my subscription. In the middle of fighting with Suntrust and them to get my money back they just had the audacity to charge my card again on May 29, 2011 for another $29.95. I will now have to cancel my card because they refused to obey the law.

Breeders...stay away. This is a classic bait & switch. I have reported them to the FCA and BBB for their dishonest practices. Buyers...stay away. Don't support such a dishonest business. Go to other reputable websites like puppyfind.com or nextdaypets.com. TerrificPets.com should change their name to HorriblePets.com!!!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2011 by   Recherche 0 Votes
TerrificPets.com is one of the largest puppy advertising websites out there. I have advertised on their website for many years. They have had my credit card on file because of this. PupCity.com was another website they started. Many new start-up website will allow you to advertise on their website for free at the beginning to build traffic. Once they get enough traffic then they contact you and tell you that their services are no longer free.

PupCity.com never contacted me. I canceled my trial anyways but they charge my credit card on file with a totally different website $29.95 (by the way, that's more expensive than any other website I advertise on!). After being charged, I contact them via phone and email to refund my money and cancel my subscription AGAIN. They were very rude and ended up charging my credit card again a month later. Now who does that?
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   happycustomer01 -2 Votes
I used this service and I completely disagree with these complaints . I found USPassportOnline to be very helpful . The service they gave me was very helpful . They got me my passport in time for my trip . They really are the best in the expedited fashion and respond in a timely manner . Its such a shame people who do not need the service do not pay attention to what they are reading and to what they agree to . All in all I have nothing bad to say about the company !

Grandparent Scams