logo

Turkish Airlines
Customer Relations Department
4. (22 mins ago)
leatherjacket.tv
They took too much and no delivery of the order
5. (43 mins ago)
UK Mail Group (formerly known as Business Post Group)
Worst Delivery Service in the UK

Posted:    lizzard g

No good to work for

Teletech @ Home
Colorado
This company is more concerned with call handle times than customer satisfaction. They have a lot of expectations of you for each call, yet they constantly pressure you to keep the call short. How can you give quality customer service while constantly watching the timer?
They are also not too concerned with your schedule. They change your shift whenever they feel like it to whatever they feel like making it, and it's up to you to try to get someone to switch with you ... good luck with that! My training class had over 25 people, and after 4 months, there are no more than 8 left.
To top it all, the pay is not worth the pressure they put on you, also the verbal abuse from some of the customers.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Teletech @ Home complaints
Teletech @ Home - Misguided Management

Comments

31st of Aug, 2010 by   Draconis Regal 0 Votes
Unfortunately, this isn't atypical of just Teletech. ALL customer support centers have an emphasis on short handle times. It's critical to handling a large volume of customers in a short period of time and critical to their fulfillment of their contracts. Outsourced call centers are more pressured than Owned call centers /because/ of those same contracts. They're needed to /handle/ the heavy call volume. When you signed on, if you agreed to a flexible schedule, rather than a set shift, then its on you that the company is moving your shift almost seemingly at random. Its done to handle the business need of again, covering those large quantities of calls. 8 people left out of 25 over a 4 month period is actually pretty good for a call center handling customer support. Period. Most people don't have the temperament to handle it. A great deal of it boils down to attitude and perspective. Verbal abuse from the customers comes with the territory. Deal with it. They get more Bold on the phone than they will in person. Cowards, the lot of them. But, they still pay your check. As to the pay? Well, you haven't mentioned how much you're being paid.
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   GiGi126 +1 Votes
I feel that Teletech has a lot of issues. The CHat room cannot handle the volume of questions from the employees. I feel that the job is okay, and yes it can be nerve wrecking, but i'ts a work from home position. You are working from a cd so it's not as easy as web base. I'm not sure why they do not use the website for their customer.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   customeradvocate1 +1 Votes
I am currently working for Teletech at home and in my training class (it started Nov 1, 2010) several dropped out before we finished training because they had one trainer (and she was great) for 42 trainees. I have been a software trainer in previous positions - training that number of people in one class is difficult face to face, but in an online class impossible. We started training on a Monday and discovered that we were lied to by their recruiting department. We were told Monday thru Friday until training was completed. Well guess what - We had training on that first Saturday. This was difficult as most of us had other commitments for the weekend but the only assistance Recruiting had was "training is 100% manditory you have to be there on Saturday". No acknowledgement from Recruiting that they didn't tell us the truth.
In training, we were shown what our screens would look like. We listened in to what the calls would be like. When we got out of training, all of the systems were changed and we had to learn to get into our programs differently, we had to set them up on separate screens as the combined screen would no longer work.

And then there are the chat rooms - 50 people trying to get an answer for the customer from one coach/team leader that may be working in 3 chat rooms at once - so you don't get fast answers to get to the customer and that slows down the time it takes for you to finish a call. But they harp on you to get this done fast - take more calls - get it done! Who cares what the customer needs just close the call and take another. If you consider the customer service rep an advocate of the customer then this is not the job for you.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   Mica B +1 Votes
I agree and disagree with all the comments posted. It's a difficult job but what other job can your work while sitting in the comfort of your home in your Pj's?? There's a lot of aggravation but there is also the reward of not having to deal with the hustle and bustle of traffic, wearing business casual attire everyday, buying lunch, etc. YOU AR AT HOME! What did you expect training would consist of? Everything is online. If you cannot handle the job, quit and give someone else who needs the position that opportunity. Yes, it's difficult to get answers from Chat but realistically, all the answers are there for you. You simply need to look and not LEAN so much on the team leads for every simply question. They are also overwhelmed. All in all, the pay is good for sitting at home and when push comes to shove, there are people that can't even find employment. Count your blessings!
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   rampped +1 Votes
well that is the problem...teletech knows people need employment and like all other corps they are bound and determined to take advantage of that
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   mcassada +1 Votes
Who do I contact to have my password & username reset to apply for a work at home job? Also what is the rate of pay for a work at home job with TeleTech?
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   TechnicalAgent 0 Votes
I am currently one of the employee in teletech work@home. Yes, must be 10mins the call handle time but you could stay longer 10mins if you educating cust about the service you'd offer based upon of their needs. You must reach their 15% of rating in sales the average. It's a great job if you are looking for work@home but it's a worse job if your computer is not compatible to their network adapter which may can work to their cd (cross your finger) and more nightmare if you do have bad ISP connection. My situation right now is keep dropping off to their database due to their cd is not compatible to my network adapter. My ISP connection is really great in my area but in some reason I keep dropping off all the time. They won't admit it's their cd is bad until two technicians told me their cd is very sensitive. I am losing money plus effort to tried be back on their database. They arent pay you if your out on the phone due to got kick out on their database either talking with their technician to find out why your applications disappeared. They only pay you when you picking calls, they wont pay you if all your applications disappeared or fail due to any reasons.

I tried to get sales and there are times during in the middle of conversation with the customers my apps disappeared. I called their technicians yes it work but good luck if you could stay longer on their database. I called my ISP there's none problem in their end plus my speed connection is excellent. It just their cd is not working well. Plan to resign due to not worth at all in staying longer with them due to their cd is not good.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   TechnicalAgent +1 Votes
The reason am here in this site because am searching in google about any teletech complaints from other people until I found this site. Glad I've found you all and read all your comments here.

The last teletech technician I spoke with, confirmed to me that teletech trying to improve their cd but might it will happen sometimes next year. But, I can't wait next year until their cd work...we/ I need it now because am/we're losing money everytime the database applications disappeared due to their cd is not good. Not only I have this problem, most of the agents do but because of economy crisis they aren't complaint as long as the apps back after several of trying accessing their cd. For me, I dont want to stay an hour until the cd work. Their cd are not compatible to any internal network adapters w/c they won't admit it unless if you been lucky somebody in their technician people open it to u the truth.

My best solution is to resign, am losing patience and got tired of many troubleshooting applies on your computer.
 16th of May, 2011 by   khomeworker 0 Votes
I have worked for Teletech for 2 years now and couldn't disagree more with these complaints. People please remember that this is a JOB which you are paid for, which is sometimes easy to forget when you are sitting in the comfort of your own home. Like any other JOB, there are requirements and expectations to be met and you will need to actually work and put forth some effort. Most of the complaints I am seeing seem to be an unwillingness to meet job requirements. I would ask these people how successful they have been on other jobs because it sounds like they do not want to work or put forth any effort, they seem to want it to be effortless. I really enjoyed training because it's fun and you get paid for the time, when I hit the virtual production floor, it was VERY stressful and fast paced, but if you are willing to do your best you can succeed in this job. I hope to make a career with this company because I think they are the best company to work for. I have found that they really do want you to succeed and do everything they can to make that happen. I just don't understand how anyone can complain because their are rules and requirements of them just like any other job. I highly recommend working for Teletech.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   KeepItRealPlz 0 Votes
Stop. You are not telling the truth. Obiviously, you have never been out of a job and taken advantage of when you do get a lower paying job. Teletech takes advantage of its employees that work from home and blames all that goes wrong on those same employees. With that being said, some of those emloyees stick it out because "you do what you have to do to survive". But let's keep it real, okay?
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   khomeworker 0 Votes
Wow, while I'm not appreciating being called a liar, I can understand that you've been burned by jobs and Teletech didn't work out for you. I don't know what happened in your situation so I certainly can't defend on either side. All I can attest to is my experience with them, and the projects I was on and am currently on seem to give us every opportunity to succeed. Maybe I've been fortunate enough to be on the better projects, I don't know. I found it to be the most stressful thing I've ever done when I first started. But I stuck it out and now I'm very pleased to have the job. My experience has been a very positive one, and I certainly didn't mean to minimize anyone else's experience. I am sorry the job didn't work out and wish you well in your job search.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   khomeworker 0 Votes
Oops sorry, not sure what's happening with all the extra character strings in that last posting!
 8th of Jul, 2011 by   kwinet +1 Votes
just wanted to ask some questions:-- the incoming calls for @home tech support are they through your computer or through the private phone line??
 31st of Jul, 2011 by   CCRNewbee 0 Votes
Good Question Kwinet...that's mine also as I am considering joining the Teletech team. I have many years of call center experience and I find that type of job a 'breeze' for me. But...THAT'S ME and MY personality. I'm just questioning the 'at home' thing and wondering exactly 'How' it works. For example, is it all instant chat? or verbal calls? or mixture of both? And being a "call-center", does that mean equipment purchase of a wireless headset so that you can be away from your computer and take a call while running to your monitor...I've never done anything from home and I like the idea. Just weird for me ssince I'm use to the public market and much prefer social intervention while at work, but hey, if it can pay my bills, I'm good with that!
 31st of Jul, 2011 by   khomeworker 0 Votes
ok to answer your question, it's both, through your land phone line via software on your computer, and they are incoming voice calls. You would be an excellent candidate for this company with your experience. The only thing you will probably be required to purchase is a telephone headset, assuming you already have the computer. Nothing is wireless for this type of job (for security purposes) and you will need to be in front of your computer, eyes on everything during your shift, with the exception of breaks and lunches. This is still a job just like in brick and mortar and requires your full attention. I would highly recommend you apply!
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   CCRNewbee 0 Votes
Thanks Khomeworker for answering my question and thanks for the suggestion. Seems you know a lot about this process so here's another question: Can I pick [or set] my own schedule, or am I at the mercy of the company needs? [[which I don't mind either]]. And, paycheck...HOW does Teletech pay? I mean, HOW do they know you've worked your shift or not in order to get your pay? Assuming, of course, that payment is direct deposited, but HOW does Teletech know you've completed the 'job requirements' and compensate you accordingly? --silly ques, I know--

I am Highly considering of applying and with your recommendation helping support my decision, I probably will do so within the next 24hrs.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   khomeworker 0 Votes
you are subject to which schedules are available, you can tell them your preferences and they will work with you the best they can to accomodate. When you are logged in via the phone/computer that is how all your time is tracked. You are visible and on calls during your entire shift. Communication with other agents/coaches and your Team Leads is done through chat rooms. You are never left alone, there's lots of support in place and you are held accountable to your schedule.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   mcmag 0 Votes
I have an interview tomorrow and i too have been in the customer service business for years, specifically call centers, in-bound as well as out-bound and i'm here to tell you, it is what you make it. You can't please every customer and there are some rude ones and the call flow is continuous but it's definitely something i'm very use to. I'm very eager to work from home, i mean if you get the luxury of working from home there has to be some 'actual' working to be done other wise it would be a 'too good to be true' kind of thing. khomeworker thanks for the info.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   CCRNewbee 0 Votes
Thanks for all the info!! Great information, both positive and negative. I am an open minded person and am smart enough to balance both sides of a situation.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   khomeworker 0 Votes
You are absolutely right it is what you make it. Teletech is a very good company for giving you every opportunity to succeed and it's very easy to move up in this company quickly if you prove yourself. I have been with Teletech as a seasonal agent, and now a permanent agent, with a total of 2 years, and I have already moved up. They are pioneers in the @home field and they are improving it all the time. I had absolutely no customer service experience yet they still hired me and gave me a chance and I proved myself. You may start out as a seasonal agent, but prove yourself and you will either be kept on or hired back for another project. You both have experience and a great attitude so you will do very well I think. I just think it's the best job in the world. I wasn't feeling very well the other day but was able to still fulfill my shift and was so grateful that I was at home and didn't have to get dressed and head out the door with the way I was feeling! I wish you both well and who knows, maybe I'll run across you on the job! And Mcmag, best of luck on your interview and you will do great I know it!

How to Save on Health Insurance