logo

Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TD Bank, South Plainfield, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Stolen debit card numbers

TD Bank Contacts & Informations

TD Bank

Posted:    Where is my protection

Stolen debit card numbers

TD Bank
Plainfield Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey
I checked my account online Friday Aug 6, 2010 because I was expecting a refund from enterprise rent a car that was taking awhile, I noticed my account was negative $46.27. So I called the 1800 number and was informed that my husband just used his card in the store in our town. I told them that's impossible because he is school right now taking a state licensing test. So, I called him and asked if he had his card on him he said yes. BTW, his school is over 10 miles away from the store it was used in. So I called the bank back and told them it wasn't him. So they advised me to go the police and report it, so we did. The police told me to go the bank and fill out the REG E form, to have the investigation begin, so I went across the street and did that. While I was there, the girl I was working with advised me that my card was also used a minute apart. ( why couldn't the rep on the phone tell me that, I have no idea) I'm like how is that possible I have my card and I pulled it out of my wallet to show her. So I told her to cancel our cards and don't give us new ones until we figure this out. She did that, and put stolen cards in the system. But we couldn't go any further until it posted to the account because it was still in the pending transactions. Okay I leave. The detective calls me Tuesday and I explain to him what happened and he says well we can't investigate until it posts to the account, so I call the bank and see it's overdrawn $107, So you know now I'm pissed!! Me and my husband run to the bank to find out they tried it again on Sunday morning 8/8/10, both our cards again this time a hour apart. So I asked what happened? The rep told me the charge was rejected. I said rejected like there was no money in the account, he said yes. I said but I was in here Friday and let you know the card numbers were stolen to cancel the cards, and he said yes it was. So I asked why when this thief went to use the cards why didn't the card come up stolen call police? He couldn't answer me. why wasn't I notified? his answer was if we called you you would go to the store and that could be dangerous, I asked him what is that your business, if I went to the store caught the thief and beat the crap out of him? No answer again. So now I'm on fire, because 1) the police station is a half a block away from the store and maybe if it came up stolen card we would of had a chance of catching this creep. 2) it happened twice an hour apart from one another and they were able to walk right out the door. So I called the fraud dept of the bank, because I want answers! I was told when you report your card stolen it takes 2 days to post that message to your account. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? So now I'm waiting for the detective to call me because they have to go the store to view the tapes to prove we weren't there. Also, it seems that our cards were duplicated. Because they were scanned at checkout. The store does not enter card numbers, they are not allowed. Why is my security?? 2 days to post to the account that our cards have been stolen. Come on, in this day in age with technology the way it is, why does it take 2 days? So, I'm taking my money else where and letting every paper, every web-site and consumer affairs and anyone else you can think of know about this. SCREW YOU TD Crooks! At this point I'm more mad at the bank for letting them walk out the door twice!!!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of May, 2011 by   Pissed2011 0 Votes
The same thing happend to me, I filed the Reg E form and was denied stating it was a PIN based transaction, they base their decision on the fact that we are not supposed to give out our PIN #'s which I did not but they do not put into account that obviously the crooks out there have more modern technology then our banks, my debit card and pin were dubbed at a gas station and $ was withdrawn at another bank, TD does not want to give me my money back unless an arrest is made! it's horrible.

'Cramming' Your Phone Bill Is Back