logo

UNSAFETY

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TD Bank Complaints & Reviews - Not releasing authorization holds and charging overdraft fees

TD Bank Contacts & Informations

TD Bank

Posted: 2011-03-22 by    PissedoffatTD

Not releasing authorization holds and charging overdraft fees

TD Bank
I was charged $100s of dollars in overdraft fees on PENDING AUTHORIZATIONS. I checked in to a hotel that authorized a large sum for security. When the actual charges came in the authorization was still on the account and they charged me overdraft fees. The next day the hold came off! They charged me fees on money I DIDN'T EVEN SPEND!!! Then the branch manager told me it was MY FAULT and that "pending authorization holds" count against my available balance regardless of if they're actual charges or not!!!

I also had issues with TD not releasing authorization holds in the past from Enterprise Rent a Car. I had an authorization hold on the account for nearly a month with both myself AND the Enterprise location manager working to remove it. Enterprise faxed TD information twice to remove the hold and they refused to do each time. They refused to remove the hold even when the company that placed it faxed them telling them the bill was settled! I have a recorded conversation with the consent of Enterprise where the manager states that TD Bank has done this with several other customers and they advise customers not to use their TD Bank debit cards to rent cars with.

TD Bank is awful and needs to stop this money kiting fraud they're pulling on customers.

Who wants to get in on a class action with me?
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2011 by   cyr3n 0 Votes
I have a sizeable authorization hold from TD Bank that hasn't cleared from my account in over 3 weeks. Then this mysterious $15 service fee appeared on my account the other day. I've been with commerce bank for years, was neutral in opinion about TD taking over, and was even happy that a TD branch recently opened in my town. However less than 2 months since the new branch opened, I've never experienced this level of outright disregard for customers from this family of banks. In my opinion the corporate culture this bank fosters seems to breed ineffective, condescending, and outright smug employees (in a climate where most people are unemployed and struggling) who don't know the first thing about talking to customers who've -- quite frankly -- just been ripped off by hidden fees and "features" which weren't parcel with their plan with the former bank. I'm deeply disturbed that these banks are allowed to pull this on people and at this juncture in my life, honestly feel the banking institutions should have been allowed to fail.

The money our government gave to "bail" them out has done nothing to help spur job growth on main street and crime is rising as a result of people unable to find honest work. We the people really need to take back our financial security otherwise there is NO FUTURE. These banks have lobbyists campaigning their causes. What will it take to stop seeing everything as a liberal or conservative issue? .. Young people across part lines selling their kidneys, blood, and bodies to afford a Big Mac?

Pro-Consumer Experts Give Tips for Car Buyers

Latest Groups