logo

GLD Myscore
Unauthorized charges / false advertising
4. (34 mins ago)
BeBodySmart/Shahzad Paul Ph.D.
order has still be sent...
5. (36 mins ago)
mb*moneybookers.com
charged my credit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Tara <tara@tara-medium.com> Complaints & Reviews - psychics and the like?!

Tara <tara@tara-medium.com> Contacts & Informations

Tara <tara@tara-medium.com>

Posted:    anthea

psychics and the like?!

psychic medium
United Kingdom
i am not actually complaining, but i just want to know if tara is a real psychic as i cant find much about her on the internet other than the fact that she seems to want to help.so, in this sensitive area i would like your opinion.tara asked at first for around 139 pounds for help on blocking negative energies and the such, i didnt answer, so as time passed, the figure got lower, which is absolutely fine, i am thinking of going for it.it is reasonable at 20 pounds.hoever, this s tarted as a free reading, the problems being that in the reading appears ominous occurences etc, do u think this strange, such as scam.i can check it a s scam in my toolbar or unsubscribe in anycase, bu twondered on youropinion if this is scam or just a real psyschic hotline? many thanks.

Comments United Kingdom Arts & Humanities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Nov, 2009 by   baybunny79 0 Votes
Yea i was almost suckered into buying this but something told me to read up on her in some blogs because it sounded to good to be true! as i read KooLoves comment above mine it was the EXACT same email that was sent to me! so THANK God that i read this just in time what a scam!!!
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   deeliluh 0 Votes
I am confused. Is she a real or fake? Come on now?
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   yardieguhl +1 Votes
deeliluh, she is fake. Its all automated emails. Your "personalized" reading is generated by a piece of software when you sign up on her site.

I have tested my theory that this is 100% a scam this way. I signed up at her site with 3 email addresses and used phony names, "Hamburger" "Television" and "Shoe" and guess what I got - emails addressed to Hamburger, Television and Shoe but they were identical except for the names!! Wouldn't a real psychic know those couldn't possibly be anyone's name?

Besides all that, her website is registered to a man in Hong Kong named Dickson Lam. "Tara" doesn't even exist.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   frankeypage 0 Votes
I have ordered a reading from tara medium and she has not kept her promise to have it within 48hours. I contact her and within seconds of the email going out to her this one came back...

Truthfully yours,
I would like to thank you very much for your email that I have just received. I have to admit that the recent weeks have been really busy for me. Many people, just like you, came to me and asked for help. There’s only me and ….a computer to answer. Thus, it is really hard for me to respond to several requests at the same time. Being urged by certain cases of my clients, I had to make a difficult choice. I have decided to answer and treat the letters of those persons who have chosen my services and have ordered a Study. If you are a client, I will contact you.I skimmed through your email and, apparently, you are not on the list of my clients. I might be wrong but don’t worry, if it is the case, I will regain contact with you within the next days.As soon as I receive your request and your payment, I will give you a new email address. This address enables me to treat with priority the cases of all the persons in need of help. Therefore, you will be able to write to this new address. I can assure you that I will answer your mail as soon as possible. I would like to apologize for not being able to answer you today. Thank you for your understanding. I invite you to send me your request for Help. I will receive this request within a few minutes and I will be able to take care of you urgently. I send you my full support and friendship. Very best regards, Your devoted friend, Tara

She will not answer me and has already taken my money - what do I do about this women? how do we stop her doing this to people? I so badly did not have the money for this, I'm truely gutted.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   Pilar Baldwin +1 Votes
After excepting Tara's free reading offer, she responed back informing me that she needed to hear from me immediately. Tara claimed that black clouds were all around me and my future, " LOVE, FINANCE'S, & all form's of SUCCESS for happiness was in jeopardy" ! . Also attached to Tara's free report was a request for money. I replyed immediately sending her the amout she requested, hoping she could help me avoid some of the unforseen set backs and pit fall's.
Tara's next email was asking for money and this time it was for hundred of dollars.
At that time I requested the monies that I had already given her just a few day' s prior to be returned to me.
Tara's website says money back guarntee and i felt that Tara was about money and I should not send her anymore of mine.
This has been going on for way over a month now. I have emailed Tara at least 10 times all to no avail.
I'm very disappointed not only is Tara's word of no value her true psychic ability is questionable.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   hellhathnofury 0 Votes
what a clever chappie, making all unhappy, witty and bright he may be, making plenty of glorious money, i would love him to make contact, if he aint such a rat and tell us our fortune, hows about that?
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   Blondyalien +1 Votes
I have just received two emails from this Tara, stating she is going to be posting me £300! She does not know me from a bar of soap but according to her "But first I want to announce that I have selected you to be included in a book I plan to write. If all goes well, I will be able to send you A CHECK FOR £300, MADE OUT TO YOUR NAME, in accordance with my commitment."

Unfortunately a person also wants to harm me?!?!?! "A person who is envious of you may try to direct HARMFUL UNLUCKY VIBRATIONS at you (this could happen sooner than you think) to prevent you from getting a large amount of money."

She is telling me that I am going to have a life changing event and money, so same as first entry regarding her, I'm not complaining, but I always check if such good news are a scam or not.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   connie moist 0 Votes
She got me too. Not for as much as most of you but it still hurts. It was my 1st and last online purchase.I had to go to my Bank and get my account#s changed also. She must be psyhic she knew we would trust her. I am sorry for all of you that were taken like me and I pray that you find the answers you seek within yourselfs.I pray you pray for the help you need, , , , GOOD LUCK... p.s my $ was forworded to the UK .
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   Anna21 0 Votes
I didn't answer the original email withmy credit card details and then I started getting lots of emails saying that there's negative and evil energy and if I don't pay her then things will get worse.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   andy potts 0 Votes
Blimey, I was nearly sucked in too, glad I researched her/the site before I parted with my money... Yep the site/reply does sound good.. it plays on the basic human instinct...the `ego`, I`m just glad I didnt part with my money.. I was there nodding my head... going `yep` thats me. amazing!.. I just hope others haven`t been stung into parting with money on a scam that they can ill afford.. best bet is just to delete the emails without ever reading them.. and remember nobody has the power to send you ill luck or bad spells.. the best way to prove that is to send her an email and state well if you can really do magic spells turn me into a frog then!.. Besides remember if people do wish you ill luck it will go back to them 3 fold. The Universe always has a way of putting things right..and what goes around comes around! The only concern I have about the site is that I found it on a Heidi Sawyer site.. Heidi is a trusted psychic.. I just cant understand why she would have any tosh like this linked to her!!!
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   Ace of 8's +2 Votes
Below is my statement and admital to being ripped off by this fraud, andyes I will say if you go reply to her email that has her address tara@tara-medium.com, she has an automated responce.

Your order from OnV/Tara-Voyance has been processed.
Merchant ID: 226362
Order summary: FRIDAY THE 13TH
Date: 2009-11-07 06:36:13
Amount: GBP19.95
Name: *************
AuthCode: 009996

If you have any questions regarding this order, contact our customer service at: tara@tara-medium.com
Please print a copy of this receipt and retain for your records
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   kunalprob +1 Votes
She sent me a full reading which said that I will find true love in October or November. Then, she sent me another reading (of course, me stupid paid for it as well :-( ), which said that I will only have 1-night stands in the next 12 months and nothing serious.

I've asked for my money back and told her that legal agencies are already investigating her case and it is in her interest to refund my money as soon as possible to avoid serious prosecution. There is another email address that she uses: urgent@tara-medium.com. Try sending refund emails to this email address.

I was hoping that this was a real person and will reply to my emails personally, but it never happened. I am not going to give up on recovering my money, it is hard-earned cash and should have never been wasted on frauds.

I would seriously urge staying away from this woman, she doesn't respond personally to emails at all, and don't think any famous psychics would do that to their clients.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   the secret +1 Votes
I had exact same reading!
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   the secret +1 Votes
I had the same reading as above in parts word for word. I have reported it as a phishing site
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   redjasper 0 Votes
soo glad i decided to check this tara out.nearly got lured into paying for reading.this site should be closed down!
 19th of Nov, 2009 by   Graceful +1 Votes
To those people that have managed to get a refund from Tara, I was wondering if you would please let me know how you went about getting this because I have just made my first instalment to her yesterday stupidly, but when I got my reading and was not happy about it, I emailed her at the following address tara@tara-medium.com but I got an automated email saying that I am not on her list of clients even thought the payment went through and I haven’t had a reply from her to even acknowledge my request.

I would be very grateful if anyone that has received a refund would let me know how they went about contacting her for it and how they managed to get her money back. Thank you. Xx
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   Pammyo +1 Votes
As all of you I have also been taken in, I am very spiritual and have been happy with spirituality before now it is such a shame that people like Tara are allowed to take peoples money and then try and scare them into giving more. I too have paid 19.66 only to then be asked for a further £399, she has got to be joking I thought, I have tried many times for a refund and just get fobbed off with a standard email reply and have not seen my money back oh and yes the £80 gift waiting for me has never appeared, I wish I had known about these complaints before hand.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   No1's Fool26 +1 Votes
I guess I was one of the level headed ones... I went to her website for a free reading, but her reading was very vague and it sounded like a sells pitch, my reading consisted of all of you guys reading ... Now unless we were born on the same day with the same name I highly doubt we would have the same 3 month forecast... She said in 30 days I will win the lottery and she sees me jumping around with joy squeezing a lottery ticket... But then the tone changed, she said that I have this negative person around me who is jealous and she needs to do a psychic astrology protection spell ... She said she spent 13 hours looking into my astrology and she sees my life changing ... So I didn't even finish reading her bullshit I just scrolled down to the bottom of the page to see what the $$$$ amount would be...$79 ... If she was soo good she would have predicted seeing me laughing and saying this bitch has lost her mind... Even if I did have the money I would have never ever give it to her... I'm sorry for you guys that fell for the con artist... But if you've ever been to a car dealership you'd know when your getting screwed ... Tara sends me emails everyday saying that I must act fast... Whatever you cunt... I wasn't even searching for her name when this site popped up... I would never give a psychic online any money it's smarter just to see the person face to face... I wish she would threaten me... That bitch ain't crazy
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   ldngurl20 +1 Votes
For those of you who want to know where tara is based. came as a surprise to me, but the european in the picture may not be her. Her website seems to be belonging to someone in HONG KONG. thanks

All the emails you receive are quite generic and works on the same principles all online psychics use. your money is better kept in your wallet :)
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   SPLHeaven +2 Votes
To you people who have actually parted with money, you're the reason this kind of scam works and although I abhorr conmen taking advantage of lonely, vulnerable people - you really need to take a good look at yourselves.

Your problems will never be solved by inaction, which is exactly what you're trying to do. It's easy to blame a EVIL AND NEGATIVE INFLUENCE for your day-to-day problems and hope some 'medium / psychic / magical wizard' can chase it away with a flick of your credit card but THIS IS THE REAL WORLD PEOPLE!

Beware E-mail Scam Targeank Accounts!

Latest Groups