logo

BackgammonMasters
Hackers/Security
5. (37 mins ago)
Weiss Comestic & Laser Procedures Blepharoplasty
Terrible/Horrible Asymmetry eyelids surgery (blepharoplasty)

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Maka

Awful customer service

Talk Talk
talktalk.co.uk
I am disabled and live with my elderly father, the contract with Talk Talk is in his name but he does not go online. On the above date we completely lost service, as I recently lost my mobile phone this meant I had to disturb my next door neighbour and ask him if I could use his landline to call Talk Talk and notify them of the fault with our service. After being passed around from one department to another, I finally managed to report the fault, only to be informed that it could take up to 5 days to fix. I explained to them that as I am disabled I should get priority treatment but this seemed to make no difference. The fault has now been resolved but when I called them yesterday to tell them I was unhappy with the service that I had received the person who I spoke to was rude and had an attitude problem. When the contract expires in October I will be taking my business elsewhere as Talk Talk Customer Service is appalling.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Nov, 2009 by   james trainer 0 Votes
I have been haveing problems with talk talk

i was promisse a phone line on the 24th sept
2009

i am still waiting i have been passed from piller to post

my internet is not working

my phone line was cancelled without any warning

my internet came on again

then went off

im being told it will take 14 days till it goes back on

ive waited 2 months for this company to sort this

no 1 seems to know why im haveing a problem

they put u on hold

constantly
and cut u off at every turn

ive been cut off 3 times with them

and still not been billed

no service in 2 months

the customer service is appoling

no 1 will take controle of the call

ive had 4 dates to say id go live

this hasent happened

and my service is gone again

i keep being told a manager will call me back after 24 hours

no 1 does

talk talk apparently its good to talk

not with talk talk its not

AM I THE ONLY 1 THAT IS HAVEING PROBLEMS WITH THIS STUPID COMPANY

do they just not train people in the job

why am i still waiting on service being put on hold without warning i might add

whats going on

sorry about spelling im just sooo furrious
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   talktalk-shit 0 Votes
I moved to annual billing to save some money. Talk Talk disabled my online account, so I can't access the website, bills, extras ext. Their helpline can't even reset a password. How fucking useless are they? Now talking action through small claims court to get my money back
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   com21talk 0 Votes
Avoid talk talk like the plague.

I have had similar problems like above where talk talk secretly cancelled my direct debit without informing me and added a non direct debit additional charge to my bill without informing me. When I came to complained they made it very difficult to remove this charge and tried to blame my bank, which I checked with my bank and when calling back the customer service contact then refused to apologise for the previous lie and sending me away on false information and blamed their systems.

To top it off after getting my direct debit reinstated they took extra money out of my account without permission and I have spent 8 months trying to get it back with them lying and stating the money had been transferred into my account even though the direct debit was cancelled and then stating 4 cheques were being sent by recorded delivery, to this day not one has arrived for my signature. I was in the process of talking action through small claims court and finally they paid.

If I was you I would STAY AWAY FROM Talk Talk AT ALL COSTS
- their technical support is awful and I have been without internet and phone for 2 weeks, paying for it, as they could not work out the problem and refused to call out a BT contact to get it fix until I got really annoyed with paying for a service I wasnt recieving.
- they try to steal your money without informing you and try to keep it without permission. You spend 8 months of your life trying to get the money back and they do nothing to try and assist.
- They dont even call back when they state they will.
- they have trained their customer service people to lie to customers in response to queries via phone and email and also treat their customer appallingly.
- they dont apologise for their error and offer no bank interest for the money they have kept without legal permission.

Move to Sky as they are brilliant, same cost but much better customer service and most of all they understand the customer and respect the customer as without the customer their would be no business.
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   Origin 0 Votes

broadband - Talk Talk

Talk are terrible for internet connection speeds and customer service is just as bad. We had
 24th of Nov, 2013 by   Alessio1967 0 Votes
BT, even if they managed to cancel an offer by delaying the BT infinity service, was giving me a good service with 74mb connection but it was around 46 pounds a month... too expensive for me in this period
Few days after passing to TalkTalk (and paying 120 pounds as advanced line rental), TalkTalk sent me a sort of contract stating a not mentioned in the website 30 pound one off charge for Fibre -> first complaint as I have already fibre installed at home and there was no mention of this charge in their website or the order form received via email
1 day before starting the service, I phone TalkTalk and I am told that the installation day I will receive an engineer to check the line -> none arrives
During that day for more than several hours, I call them and a message is stating the service will be available in 5 hours I call the support and I was told someone is "manually" installing my services now
I call them again to complain for a dead line and a rude lady agent tells me that as up to midnight I am not active customer and I cannot complain or escalate to team leader. I want to take part in the survey after the phone call and the agent waits for me to close the call, as she is not allowed to close the call before the customer.
Day after: For their website, I have phone line but my fibre is a little slow. In the reality, my phone is silent like a fish.
I call them to complain and before working on the issue, they want me to test by removing the plate at the master socket. I work 12 miles from home so no case logged up to 19h00.
Eventually after voicing my deep disappointment in the TalkTalk forum I was promised a call back at 19h00 at 21h30 thy produces 2 rings on my mobile... not even enough time to answer but enough for TalkTalk to say they did call back
Day 4 and still no service I call them to have an update (and their support start with usual script listing the problem I reported and telling me the BT needs to visit my property to test the line to see if I have any fault. So no phone on Saturday and obviously no phone on Sunday. I am more than unhappy, I want to speak with the cancellation department and I am informed that as they had no time to investigate the problem, I will have to pay a cancellation fee of nearly 300 pounds, but if stay with them I have not to pay for the BT engineer and I will receive 27 pounds compensation... not even enough to pay for the temp mobile internet solution I use and all the calls I made.
Perhaps Monday I will have a BT engineer around that may or may not fix the issue and if it is not fixed the issue will go back to them for who knows how many day. So far, it is sure that on the 19th with BT I had phone and internet and from the 20th to the 25th or more no service with TalkTalk, I am not free to cancel with them and to move to another provider. My home phone rings somewhere but not at home. I prefer to avoid the description of their mainly Indian customer service and the knowledge of their support (the broadband password is written on the back of the router, they tell you without considering that on the back of the router there’s the wifi password, not the adsl credentials that are not needed with a fibre connection)
However with my surprise after 4 days after the failed installation and still without service I logged in my TalkTalk account and I noticed that I was billed nearly 3 poundsfor the first two days of NO service

How to Invest in Options