logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (50 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
4. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Essay writing companies - Scam & Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Talbert Medical Group, Anaheim, California Complaints & Reviews - Incompident doctors

Talbert Medical Group Contacts & Informations

Talbert Medical Group

Posted:    slynn1

Incompident doctors

Talbert Medical Group
Anaheim, California
I started going to Talbert Medical Group for my health care needs a year in a half ago. I had pain in my left lower quadrant, and I was sent to the obgyn department. I felt I had cyst developing on my left ovary off and on, because during the first six months of using this medial facility, I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst in the contracted hospital by cat scan and ultra sound twice. Since I was on the birth control pill, my obgyn didn't think this was the problem. I told her that my body doesn't always react like it should. She dismissed my concerns completely. After an ultra sound came back "fine", she declared there was nothing else she could do for me. Besides change my pill over and over hoping it would help my periods. It didn't work at all. She wrote me a prescription for pain medication, and told me to see my primary about my pain. Once in a while I would have severe pain in my stomach, the doctor couldn't figure it out. He sent me to a stomach specialists. After a colonoscopy procedure and it was "fine", I was sent back to my primary doctor. At this point, a year had passed. The only thing I had gotten out of all these appointments with varies doctors is that I didn't have diverticulitis, like another faculty had diagnosed me with, and I had IBS, which I already knew.

During the middle of October my mom was given a surprised birthday party for her 60th birthday, I partied with my family and drank to much. A few days later, during dinner, my back started hurting as well as my stomach. It came on suddenly. I went to Urgent Care because of the severity of the back and stomach pain, and my concern for it to develop so fast. The urgent care doctor told me I had a urinary tract infection, gave me antibodies, and some muscle relaxers for my back. A few days later I had stomach flu like symptoms, a high fever, vomiting, body aches, rapid heartbeat, ect. Those symptoms passed in a few days, but I had no appetite at all. I usually managed to eat something little, but it was hard because of the overwhelming nausea I was experiencing. The pain in my back and stomach still continued to hurt, and as the days passed, it became unbearable. I again, went to Urgent Care. I saw a new doctor, which once again diagnosed me with a urinary track infection. I complained about how much pain I was in, and begged for pain medication. She refused, and gave me antibodies. A few days later, I was again puking, running a high fever, and had body aches. I than decided to see my primary doctor because at this point, I am beginning to think that my symptoms might be a sign of something more serious. By this point, two weeks after my symptoms started, I had lost fourteen pounds in two weeks. I wasn't eating, had fatigue, had horrible stomach pain and back pain, looked yellow, had a rapid heart beat off and on, and was feeling awful. I told the nurse in detail my symptoms, how awful I was feeling, and that I had already gone through two courses of antibiotics, I felt like something was seriously wrong with me. My primary, ignored my symptoms, took a urinalysis, and stated that I had a urinary track infection. He than yelled at me for not getting an ultra sound done he ordered, because I already had put in for a new health plan for January, during open enrollment. I was done being yo-yoed for specialist to specialist. At this point, I didn't feel like the doctors thought anything was wrong with me, and were humoring me. Not a good feeling to have from your primary doctor! I told him point blank that I thought something was seriously wrong with me. He said that I just needed a stronger antibiotic. I also told him I was in horrible pain, once again he ignored me, advising me to get the ultrasound done before November was up. I left his office in tears, feeling like I wasn't being taken seriously, and frustrated.

Two days later, I was running a hundred and three fever, rapid heart beat, vomiting, body aches, looked yellow and pale. I called my boyfriend at work and told him I think I needed to go to the ER, because there was no way this was a urinary tract infection. Bless his heart, after working into the early hours of the morning, tired and exhausted, my boyfriend took me to the ER. Come to find out I had a cyst on my left ovary, and pancratitis. Which is the swelling of your pancreas, a life threatening condition. Because of the lack of care I received by these doctors, I had endured two weeks of horrible pain, and was close to dying. The nurses were shocked because of my white blood count, it was sky high, and my potassium levels were dangerously low. If this condition is left untreated, eventually the pancreas will digest itself. The pancreas helps in digesting food, and if it is no longer functioning, you die. I stayed in the hospital for four days until the medical staff at the hospital could stabilize my condition.

Shortly after my stay was over, I called my health provider and demanded to have my health plan changed immediately. I was refused because this clinic was capable of taking care of my health needs. They hadn't done a good job so far! I was angry at this point. I feel that without the proper diagnosis, I was having similar attacks but not to the degree of this one. If I had known, I could have given up drinking alcohol sooner. I never made the connection to having a few glasses of wine with the pain that would follow a few days later. I usually thought it was stomach upset. I had blood tests prior coming up weird, and the doctors never made the connection to my pancreas. Very exasperating!

There is no excuse for a doctor not to recognize a patient that is suffering from a minor health aliment, than someone that is suffering a life threatening condition . If he had some simple blood test done, it would have become obvious how ill I was! I have no respect for my doctor, of that I was forced to suffer for two weeks in horrible pain, and if I didn't have the good sense to go to the ER, I would be dead, and my kids wouldn't have a mother anymore. Thus forcing my aging parents to raise them! Not to mention my doctor not bothering to listen to me, and take my symptoms seriously. If he had taken a few minutes to listen to me, than he would have realized how sick I was!

You would think this would be the end of this horrible story, it isn't. My heath plan provider decided to let my clinic know what was going on, and that I had made a complaint about the service I had received. They did this without my knowledge or consent. There was no way after what I had experienced, that I would trust that clinic with the aftercare of my condition. My primary nearly killed me with his incompetent doctoring skills.

I was advised by my doctor at he hospital I was admitted to that the cyst on my left ovary had burst, and had left a fair amount of blood on my left ovary, this was discovered by ultra sound. I think the cyst pain was worse than the pancreas pain, because I felt a lot better after it burst. This means that this cyst was a fair size! A few weeks later, I had the symptoms I had developed a new cysts, and against my better judgment, I decided to go to see a new obgyn for the pain on my ovary, at Talbert Medical. The jerk didn't even do an internal exam, or palpitate the area that was bothering me. I could feel the hardness of the cyst through my skin. With the cyst, my already horrible menus would be unbearable. He looked a the cat scan results, and told me it was normal to have cysts develop. Excuse me?! Normal developing cyst don't cause piercing pain on your left lower side! He refused to give me pain medication, though it was documented in the hospital, SEVERAL TIMES, I suffered from cysts. How can you know if someone is suffering from a condition if you don't bother to exam them?! He also accused me of being an alcoholic because of the pancreatitis. I don't think a few times a month, having a few glasses of wine with your parents, or having a cocktail with dinner at a fancy restaurant, being an alcoholic. Pancreatitis, can develop by just getting drunk one time. It doesn't always develop because your drinking heavily everyday. I watched family members die horrific deaths because of their addiction to alcohol. I don't even have alcohol in my house! This obgyn was a jack ass just like my primary. Assuming things about my lifestyle that aren't true, coming to conclusions without bothering to exam me! That clinic should be shut down.

My advice stay away from this clinic. Now many hmo's, medi-cal, are forcing patients to stay at the assigned clinic, and not letting you change to another. There is no excuse to the overwhelming incompetency I have experienced from this clinic, and it's staff. The doctors are more interested in rushing your care, not giving it the attention each patient needs. It is easier to come to the fastest and easiest diagnosis instead of exploring if there is a serious problem. I have a friend that is experiencing the same problems I am at this clinic. If you are referred to a specialists, the wait is usually two or three months before you can get an appointment. Results are often not updated on your chart when they should be. While suffering from this life threatening condition, I sought out health care help three times, and all of them failed to notice that I was suffering from a life threatening condition. It was easier for them to ignore my symptoms and come up with the most convenient diagnosis, even if it was wrong, and could have killed me. Stay away from this place, especially if you have health problems. They refuse to give you pain management, not listen to you or your symptoms, and they don't care if they give you horrible care. They also could care less if you are in horrible pain, they will ignore this, and you...
Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Dec, 2010 by   slynn1 0 Votes

6th of Dec, 2010 by   slynn1 0 Votes

23rd of Dec, 2010 by   slynn1 0 Votes
It is unacceptable, at any medical clinic, to be treated like a fast food patron. Your health, should be taken seriously by health care providers, and each patient should be given the time needed to fully investigate health issues, and illness. There is something wrong with doctors, that are more interested in seeing as many patients as possible, in the least amount of time. If the doctors at your facility, are constantly rushing you, not explaining health problems, not offering whatever services are available such as education, consultation for special diets, or explaining in laymen terms about health conditions, prescriptions, are... Than you seriously need to questions why your accepting half ass medical care. It wrong for health insurance to pressure or force doctors into fast food health care. Which today is very common, it is scary and sad. You might end up like me, experiencing a life threatening condition, that isn't diagnosed because this fast food mentality that many doctors have now a days.
 8th of Jan, 2014 by   slynn1 0 Votes
I would also like to add that the multiple obgyn or midwives or whatever they are failed to diagnosis endometreosis, though complained about the symptoms over and over, and begged them to perform exploratory surgery. Ironically, not only do I have endometreosis, I also have massive scar tissue from a C-section I got at the contracted hospital in Fountain Valley, California. The idiot surgeon cut my left fallpion tube, and caused massive scar tissue on my left side. Why did the surgeon mess up so badly? The male doctor handling the anathesia, failed to notice the needle in my back had moved. I did not want to be awake for the C-section and those monsters forced me too; just to feel them cut me open. When I was in labor, my obgyn failed to check to check if the baby was breach or head first; and relied on a incompetent nurse; who mistaken the baby's butt for his head. This caused me to go through hours and hours of needless labor and pain. These idiots at Albert caused most.of the daily pain I now am.forced to.live in, failed to provide tests to find endometreosis, which if caught earlier, something could have been done before my insides turned into a mass of bleeding adhesions and scar tissues. I hope all those involved with destroying my life just feels the pain I do on my worst day. The two b**** midwives that act like they cared, but refused further testing and refused any pain medication after three months. Maybe your patients should be your first concern over your spiritul journey. I hope you met some demons, because my life is hell thanks to you!

Avoid Holiday Charity Scams