logo

Yahoo UK & Ireland
Yahoo Award Prize
3. (7 mins ago)
Diet ultimo
no response to cancel further products
4. (12 mins ago)
TRADELINES TO BOOST CREDIT SCORES
Todd stockton of highlands ranch colorado ripped me off !
5. (22 mins ago)
www.likedin.com
business

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

T-Mobile Complaints & Reviews - T-Moblie lies and cannot be trusted!

T-Mobile Contacts & Informations

T-Mobile

Posted:    Valerie

T-Moblie lies and cannot be trusted!

I am deeply disappointed in T-Mobile’s Customer Service. I have called several times to find that my account was not properly noted. I discovered this when I called to speak with one of your account representatives about my daughters cell phone. I am going to forward you a letter we have sent to Fox 4 problem solvers (a local news station) and also to our attorney for counsel. Before you read the letter I need you to understand that I was a Loyal customer for many years. Your customer service department needs serious improvement. Proper documentation is crucial not to mention the common courtesy and respect. In short my daughter purchased a Sidekick 3 from you used it for a week and called to see how to send it back so that she could get the MDA instead. The address we mailed the phone back to and that she confirmed with your customer service representative turns out to be invalid and now you are expecting us to pay for the phone. I am deeply distraught over this whole situation. To think that a huge company like yours doesn’t offer the least amount of flexibility when it comes to customer service is an outrage! We are talking about $300.00 here; that’s chump change to you but 2-weeks salary for my 19-year old daughter. I’m asking you to please review the notes that still exist for cell number xx and xx At one point in time I was PROMISED that once I receive my statement showing the charges for this Sidekick3 that I could call in and receive a credit on my bill. When I received my bill I called in as I was instructed so that my bill would be credited only to find out that you’ve reneged on your word. What kind of customer service is that I ask you? How can you tell me one thing and do another?

In addition I would like to also file a formal complaint against Matt. Matt was the supervisor that was extremely rude and unprofessional to me when I called in on 09-25-2006. Matt did not handle this situation very well. I was calm cool and collected when I called until Matt began to continually talked over me, rarely letting me speak without his interruptions. This constant interruption got to me to the point of overwhelming frustration which caused me to yell just so he would stop talking and let me speak. I had to say Matt, can I speak. He said yes, I asked can I speak a full sentence without you interruption me. He finally said yes. To which I asked the question, Matt will you look into my notes and find the part where it shows that I called in and a SUPERVISOR PROMISED to credit my account. He said no, he also said that he would not read the notes to me and he would not credit my account. I asked Matt to note my account that I am officially closing my account. As of 10-20-2006 I no longer choose T-Mobile as my carrier for reasons of Poor, Poor Customer Service. I have spent at least 4 hours of my valuable time and effort in trying to get this issue resolved. I do not appreciate being called a liar or a theft. We mailed the phone back to you with the label that was provided; we called and received verification for said address.

At this point in time I have not paid the charges for the Sidekick 3; I will be waiting for your response.
This is the entire story:

My name is Crystal; I am a 19 year old resident of Independence. I am out of ideas for recovery of my money from T-Mobile, and am praying you can help. I have been a T-mobile customer for over 9 years, continually upgrading to keep the latest technology. At the end of May I bought a $400 MDA and a $119 Bluetooth earpiece, which I found to be the ideal equipment for me. This summer while I was in St. Louis, Missouri for my State Boards in Cosmetology, my phone was stolen on July 5th. At the scene of the theft, I saw four police cars, but the officers said I had to call the theft in or they could not help me recover my loss or even apprehend the thief. I called in the report to the police station, and was told to go to a certain gas station and wait for the officers, which a friend and I did. After waiting over an hour, I called again and explained that there were several police cars passing by, but none of them stopped to take my report. I told them I was really tired and asked if a policeman could come to the hotel lobby to take the report. They said this was not possible, and since I was exhausted, I returned to the hotel to sleep. The following morning, I had to return early to Independence, and the St. Louis police refused to allow me to file the report over the telephone. My parents said they believe I did everything properly and none of us can understand the reasoning of the police department. As a student, my part time job barely covers my expenses, so it was important to me to get justice, since the telephone is obviously not recoverable.
Back here in Independence, I went to the T-Mobile store and explained everything, asking what they could do. I learned then that I did not have insurance to cover the telephone like I had had on a previous telephone, a fact of which I was unaware. I told them I wished to terminate my plan immediately, so in order to keep my business, they offered me a good discount on a different telephone which I was unsure I would find adequate, but agreed to try. It was not what I needed so I decided to return it. However, when I looked in the box for the return label, the only one there was for recycling. I called the store to verify the address, read the address slowly to the representative, and was assured the address was the correct one for returns as well as for recycling. I then explained I wanted to order a different telephone in its place. The representative told me to get a tracking number when I returned the equipment, for follow up, if necessary. I did exactly what I was told to do, on July 13th, but when I called to order a replacement telephone on the 14th, and again a few days later, the representative said the telephone had not seen returned, at least to the correct place, and they would not credit me for the price toward a new one.

I was desperate by then, and turned to my mother for assistance. They told her to wait for a bill, and then to call them back, but when she did, they reneged on their word, saying there was no notation in their records that we had been offered this option. My mother and I have considered legal action, but we fear we would have to spend more money on a lawyer than we could hope to recover.

The tracking number they gave me when I returned the telephone to them is XX Further calls to T-Mobile have also produced no results. I had the package insured before I sent it to them, and the Post Office today (September 19th) told me that the package did indeed arrive, but that it arrived at the address on the label. The Post Office can locate it, but for some reason, T-Mobile says it cannot communicate with their own recycle center. I find this frustrating and confusing.

In the past, I know you have helped numerous others who have been unfairly treated, and I am hopeful you can offer more ideas to help me get this resolved. I realize that I am only 19 and am vulnerable to all sorts of dangers and scams, but I am honestly trying to learn from each experience, and become a responsible adult citizen, but being taken advantage of in two successive situations really hurts. If you cannot help, please, at the very least, make my experiences public to alert others not to rely on T-Mobile (and perhaps other companies) to honor their word as well as their failure to document customer service calls. I have learned from this that it is better to record telephone calls or at the very least, have another person on the line to confirm and document calls for customer service. Also, if you have any advice to offer as to how a teenager should have dealt with the St. Louis police situation, I would be grateful to hear it in case I encounter some similar situation in the future.
Thank you for whatever you can do.

Thanks very much for your support,
Susan Hake
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Dec, 2006 by   Valerie +1 Votes
While home for Thanksgiving, our son bought a phone from T-mobile. The salesperson said the phone would work in Korea. That statement was a lie from the lips of a salesperson in order to sell a phone. A simple "no" would have have saved some of his hard earned money and would have left him feeling better about his own countrymen. I (his father) intend to go on my own personal campaign against T-mobile. Korea, like Japan, has phone systems far superior to our own technology. Our cellphones won't work on their towers, theirs will work on our towers. I did not know that and neither do most Americans. T-mobile salespeople either do not know either or they don,t care. They just close the deal. Now we have to pay a cancellation fee for a phone that is useless. I say T-mobile is a sham operation getting away with misrepresenting their service. The salesperson should have told us that they did not have service in that part of the world. We would have thanked them and been on our way. They made the sale, ripped us off, and now want to charge us for their lie. Only in America! My sons T-mobile number is 904-662-3986. Don't try to call him. He is in an area where the American tin-cans and string won't work. His phone was purchased in Orange Park Florida, on Fleming Island at a T-mobile outlet store. There is only one, you can't miss it. I and my employees may be in the parking lot striking their business.
 11th of Dec, 2006 by   Valerie +1 Votes
I got a t mobile bill that read -$84.00. I was afraid they made a mistake, and rather than have to pay double the next month, I called customer service and asked if this was correct.

He assured me it was a credit for a purchase that I had made and perhaps I forgotten, and no, I would not be billed twice and not to worry. I thought this was a blessing being so close to Christmas and bought better presents for everybody. The next month I got a bill that was double. I called just to confirm that it was not true. It was true. They said they had made a mistake and there was never any credit. Since it was their mistake and they knew it I thought they would give me a break because what kind of way it that to run a business and treat your customers that have paid on time for four years now? I hate to tell them that they should eat it but isn't that the right thing to do?
 18th of Dec, 2006 by   Lumpy +1 Votes
My cell phone was not working correctly and I needed a replacement. Because the phone was broken, I did not want to sign a new contract, just replace the phone. I explained this in detail to the sales person. I spent a lot of time with the rep at the T-Mobile store reviewing the prices and available rebates of the different phones. I chose a phone with a great rebate--$50 instant and $50 mail-in. When I went to pay, the rep then said that no rebates applied at all to my purchase! The phone cost $100.00 more than I was led to believe! I feel I was duped. I am angry and I want the rebate I was originally promised.
 20th of Dec, 2006 by   Valerie +1 Votes
In August 2006, my basic TMobile cell phone plan was "upgraded" to the FAMILY PLAN. It was at this time that the billing problems began. An upgrade to TMobile's FAMILY PLAN created 2 separate TMobile accounts for us, along with being charged twice for two separate accounts, and the initial set-up/initiation fees. We did not, in fact, get charged for the FAMILY PLAN, but for two separate accounts.

We have experienced nothing but billing problems and harassment with our TMobile account since August 2006. Hours of telephone calls to TMobile have given us little more than even more problems, yet TMobile continues to call us, harassing us, for bills unpaid, even though we are not in a "past due" position.

Fast forward to now, December 2006....

Although our FAMILY PLAN account is paid up-to-date (through January 2007), we received a "Suspension of Service" yesterday, December 18, 2006. We were not surprised based on the past history that we've experienced with TMobile. The suspension notice was dated Dec. 12 and it was mailed out on December 14. Today, December 19, our cell phone had been disconnected prior to 6am. Amazing.

I have already spoken with TMobile today regarding this latest problem. I have given notice that we are cancelling our TMobile service. They do not have the authorization to reactivate our account. I spoke with Tameka and Tonya of "Customer Care". Tonya even admitted that our account was fraught with many problems -- more than she'd ever encountered in one account. Or so she said. She also told me that we would not be charged a termination fee.

Enter Rod, in Billing Dept. Rod told me that we would be charged a $200 early cancellation fee. Who terminated who???

We have not only not received the service promised, but we have been the victims of bad business: we have been double billed and harassed by TMobile. Do they honestly believe that we will be held hostage for a $200 early cancellation fee?

Our credit history is in perfect shape. Should TMobile believe they are going to collect a cancellation fee or threaten us further, they are due for a long ride through the judicial system.

Today, I will contact my State's Attorney General with full factual disclosure of our problems with TMobile. As well, the BBB will be notified. And any website which provides a platform for consumer advocacy will also receive our complaint.
 27th of Dec, 2006 by   Valerie +1 Votes
My service was put on hold due to late payment. I called and paid the total of $60 for late payments, and service was put back on. I rarely used my phone so they canceled the service. I called and agreed to the cancellation and paid the $60 that I owed, and I was told that was all that was needed and that my contract was terminated and that there were no more fees owed. THEY WERE THE ONES WHO CANCELED THE SERVICE, NOT ME. Then I get a call from a collection agency that I owed over $200 to T-mobile for an early contract termination fee. I called tmobile customer service and they couldn't help me, they couldn't pull the account information. Now I can get any credit cards because Tmobile wants to milk an extra $200 from me for a fee that they promised I would not incur. Now they can't help me because its in collections. How can a multi billion dollar company not help me after they made the mistake?
 12th of Jan, 2007 by   Valerie +1 Votes
I signed up with T-Mobile 3 months ago and not only did they not add all the feature I asked for they lied to me about other features. My first bill was $545. I called to find out why and was told that mobile to mobile was not added and that was the reason for the overage. After explaining that should have been on there in the first place to about 5 different reps and managers with no help I finally told them to add it to my plan and paid the $545. Next month I get a bill for $375. I call again to ask why and mobile to mobile has still not been added and now they inform me that I am also going over because of text messages. I was told when I signed up that when I get my work emails they look like text messages and asked if they count toward my 400 text message plan and I got a no that is what your blackberry plan takes care of. Well I had like 1400 text messages so thats a good $140. I increased my plan from 1500 minutes to 2500 minutes, added mobile to mobile AGAIN, and upgraded my text messages. I just got my bill today and its $330. Not only was mobile to mobile STILL not added but they failed to upgrade my text message also. I couldn't get anyone on the phone to help me so I was forced to cancel my service and they want me to pay a $200 early termination fee. I was will Cingualr for 8 years and Nextel for 2 and never had any problems like this. $1257 in 3 months...that is robbery.
 7th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie +1 Votes
I was coaxed into changing part of my plan to a "new and better" plan. After 6 weeks of round and round NOW I found out that not only was I lied to T-Mobile doesn't want to work it out or even talk about it with me.

The deal is I was told to change my sons plan to a kids plan. That it had 5 faves and text messaging. Of course, I said sure. The representative said that she would go ahead and send me a my faves compatible phone for free because I was due for an upgrade. NOW, I find out not only is the plan unavailable with my faves but also does not include the other 2 main services I was looking for, mobile to mobile minutes and nights. Imagine my surprise when the representative hung up on me for questioning what they were going to do to make this right. All I was asking for was the name of his supervisor in order to better resolve the issue. A fast I'm sorry you are out of the scope of the original problem and whammo dial tone! I have logged a complaint with the corporate office but expect little to no response. If I figure out a way out of my contract I will take my 3 lines and my 5 years of loyal service and find coverage elsewhere. This is just the half!
 12th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie +1 Votes
I have been doing business with t-mobile for 4 years never once have gone over minutes. I had two phones and two plans. We are disputing all the charges.

The one with more over the limit phone calls was actually not working. So we had to order another phone. Once again i will tell you that i have never gone over in minutes with this company in 4 years. Now all of a sudden my phone and my boyfriends phone are over the minute usage. And he couldn't even use his phone for quite sometime. My boyfriend contacted them several times with no response from them. When he finally got a hold of them, and they said well you used it you owe it. So tell me when a phone isn't being used for 2weeks straight due to not working how does a person go over in minutes. Multiple phone calls to places we don't call, multiple 10 minute phone calls information. Who calls information and takes ten minutes to receive information. Obscenely late phone calls to and from phones we have a baby so that is unrealistic. And also another customer of theres that we talk to his and our phone calls don't match up. Sounds to me t-mobile is trying to run a scam and were not falling for it. We have contacted better business bureau, fcc, and our state attorney general. We will continue file complaints until this situation is resolved.
 13th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie +1 Votes
T-mobile has great advertisement and a friendly (not necessarily competent) customer service - but that's it.

The coverage in the Southeast of the US is poor (which is in contradiction to the maps they show in their sales points).

They are also unable to deal with international customers who own unlocked cell phones: T-mobile handed me out an inappropriate SIM-card.

It didn't support my cell phone reliably. So they blamed my cell phone and charged me 200 USD cancellation fee. I am still fighting to get it back...

The Cingular representative gave me an appropriate SIM-card. My cell phone has worked reliably with them.

To all foreigners: Mobile communication in the US costs a fortune, but is much worse than in Europe or even China, India or the Islamic Republic in Pakistan. Welcome to the US!
 16th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie +1 Votes
Letter to Attorney General:

As a consumer from your state, I felt it was my responsibility to bring to your attention the following incident.

I have been a good customer of T-Mobile since 2004.

I've paid my bills on time. My wife's and my phone bill typically ranged around $185/month. Starting around 11/2006 we started getting phone bills around $400 +/-. Our most recent phone bill was nearly $300, so my wife called in to discuss the bill. While she was trying to find out why the bill was so high, she was told that her new bill was almost $1400!!! When she asked to repeat the amount, the agent started laughing.

Later that evening, I called to ask what we could do to rectify the situation. I suggested we upgrade to a new plan retroactive to the beginning of our new bill. The agent I spoke with, named 'Mike J' (he wouldn't give me his last name) refused because 'the billing cycle had already ended.' We hadn't even received this $1400 bill yet! But, supposedly there was nothing he could do.

I asked when the billing cycle had ended and it was less than a week ago. So, I asked if I had called a week ago, would they have been able to make the update? Yes, the agent said. I asked for some common sense and reasonability and the agent said I should have used common sense and called a week ago and made the change then. He was impressively unhelpful and patronizing. I canceled my account then and there.

I really don't think it's principled to pay this bill, but I know that if I don't, it will affect my credit and I'll end up paying thousands more in increased interest rates in the future. I get the feeling T-Mobile knows this, too and couldn't care less.

As a resolution, I would like the following:

I would like to find a reasonable solution. I would accept upgrading my wife's and my accounts to their 'nationwide unlimited minutes' plan retroactive to this $1400 bill we haven't even received yet.

Please contact me if you need more details regarding this incident.
 26th of Mar, 2007 by   Scott Lawler +1 Votes
Any Advice?

Incident

I had been with T-Mobile for 5 years on a family plan. In November of 2006 my son moved away so I wanted to eliminate his phone on my plan because he was moving to another state and wanted his own. I called T-Mobile and told them that I wanted to change my family plan by reducing the # number of phones. They told me where to go and what to submit. Three months later I decided I wanted to go with Cingular because of all the drop calls I was getting with T-mobile, then they came back and said you can't quite you signed up for a new 1yr plan in November. I called and wrote to them on several different occasions telling them I had no idea that this is what they did and felt that the deceived me. They now are charging me over $700 to get out of the contract. I think that they should be exposed for the fraudulent company they are, scamming people to sign up for programs they never even asked for. Is there anyone out there who can help the little guys like me?

Damage Resulting

The damage this has caused is that they keep sending me these threaten letters and leaving phone message at my home saying things like you haven't paid your bill and we are sending you to collections. I can not believe the harassment a big company can do to just about anyone they want. Does anyone know who I can turn to?
 6th of May, 2007 by   Angela Kay Marts +1 Votes
T-MOBILE SUCKS!!!

I signed up with T-Mobile in June of 2006 and got the smart-access family plan. I got rather low end phones, the samsung t319, the reception was often bad and dropped calls often and many dead zones! Even with this I didn't complain much, as I originally got the phones to stay in contact with my teen daughter. I signed a 2 yr contract just like most people do, but had no idea what I would be facing 10 months later! In April of 2007 I went to use my cell phone and noticed it had this yellow/orange leaf looking object on the outer lcd screen. I immediately called T-Mobile, a rep tried to help me clear the screen to no avail. She had me check the battery for the red dot, it was not red. So, she said your phone is still under the one year warranty, so we will send you a replacement phone and you send the defective on back to us. I thought ok that was easy. A few days later I received my new (probably re-furbished) phone and returned the defective one. Now I was told to keep the battery and the sim card from my original and insert them in the new one, I did so and it worked fine. About 1 1/2 weeks later I went to use my cell to hear a message saying my phone had been suspended for going over my spending limit and was prompted to a rep, who then told me I had a $100 charge placed on my service as it was determined by their team that I had caused damage to my phone!! First of all I did not damage that phone, but more important I was never warned about this charge or given then chance to dispute it, it was simply placed on my account and my phone was suddenly suspended. I was angry and outraged. I was told by the rep I could pay this charge right then and have my phone turned back on. I said forget it I am disputing this charge. Then they got rude, and so did the supervisors. Basically calling me stupid and I would be paying this charge or my phone would be shut off. I talked to several different reps and supervisors who basically read me a script and told me tough you owe the money and you cannot do a thing about it. Well, I said yes I can. I said and you can cancel my account for not warning me of this charge in the first place and just suspending my service. That is just plain bad customer service! I filed a claim with the BBB and that got me the $100 credited back to my account for their bad customer service and lies about me breaking my phone, but they still want me to pay $200 per phone for early termination. Oh and get this one email I received from a rep actually said " These devices are electronic and with the small size it does not take much to damage them" Charleen S. Rep. #7265682

Customer Care Specialist
T-Mobile USA

They also called my $100 credit a "courtesy credit", meaning they were not admitting they were wrong, the just didn't like being called on the carpet and reported to the BBB.

The people (reps,supervisors) are horrible and do not care about the customer, only the money!! I also understand the BBB is back logged with complaints on T-Mobile and finding it hard to keep up with them all. What a surprise!

I am still in dispute over the $400 they want to steal from me for canceling my account for poor customer service and the horrific way they treated me!

I have also filed a complaint with the FCC and am writing a letter to Robert Dotson the CEO of T-Mobile. His phone and address is as follows: 1-800-318-9270
12920 SE 38th Street
Bellevue, WA 98006-1350

I have also filed a complaint with my State Attorney General. I suggest if you are having trouble with T-Mobile you take these same steps to get your problems with this TERRIBLE company solved.

Oh go with Cingular they are great!!! They also try really hard not to screw over their customers!

Good luck to all of you!
 8th of May, 2007 by   Tim Oliver 0 Votes
I recently switched to tmobile. They sent my initial bill to the wrong address. By the time it was forwarded to me, I had two days to the due date. Of course my payment was late. I just got my second bill and I see that they charged me $60 in "service restore" fees. I didn't even realize it, but evidently they suspended the service for the few hours or days the payment was late. They can call it whatever they want, but it amounts to a late fee, and to me it's an outrageous example of usury. Basically, it's a 100% per day late fee. And, of course, they've got me stuck in a contract so that I can't just switch away from them. T-mobile is a bunch of con artists and crooks.
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   Ny Johnson 0 Votes
I have been a t-mobile customer for several years and have had difficulty with phones and customer service regarding replacements and such each time. On several occasions my phones have broken and I've had to pay for the shipping for their phone to be replaced. This is something that I do not understand being responsible for, since the breakage was not due to me, but a defted that they were well aware of. They have the most minutes for the least price, so I have had no choice but to stay with them. But now, I am contemplating breaking my contract.

I was under the impression that my minutes after 9pm were free, which is what they advertise. I had a call start at 8:48pm (12 minutes before free time starts). They billed me for the entire call $92.00! Then told me that this was their policy and that if I had read the contract, which they know most people do not, I would know their policy. That their computer is designed to charge for the entire call even if your minutes are free after 9pm. I was so upset and I told them so. I was basically told that it was my problem. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who repeated the company line and told me that if I really wanted to know their policy it is always available for customers if they want to read it. He also explained that their computer is designed not to roll into free minutes at 9pm unless you end your call. He reported that many customers make this same mistake, understandably, but that this is not their problem. They were very condescending and rude. I informed the supervisor that this appeared to be a form of fraud and theft. That for them to design their system this way, they should advertise that fact as much as they do their "free nights and weekends". He offered to take $30 off the bill, but only after stating that this was a "gift" but that they felt no responsibility for not being clearer about this information.

To me this is a ridiculous money making scheme that they must get complaints on all of the time. They have rationalized and justified this dishonest and underhanded policy by stating that it's in the contract. I retorted by pointing out that their contract is 20pages long and in 4pt print. If they were really trying to be honest, they would put them in 12pt standard print and have you read them at home. But instead, they give it to you in the store, where you have to read it and sign it in front of the clerk. I am very upset and am not seriously considering breaking my contract just to get away from their company. This is BAD business and for them to justify it shows how dishonest and underhanded they really are.
 6th of Oct, 2007 by   Roosevelt W 0 Votes
T-Mobile has a Great Customer Service Department, as well as a Great Company. I have been with T-Mobile since the beginning, even When they Were VoiceStream. Whenever there was an issue concerning my statement, they were able to answer and correct minor issues due to a mistake on my behalf. Perhaps you and your daughter did not completely understand what was being offered to at the time of Purchase. We all are not perfect.

Roosevelt W.
 17th of Oct, 2007 by   Jennifer Norris 0 Votes
I am writing to complain about your customer service dept as well as the dept that does your top ups over the phone and with a credit card.

On Wednesday 10th Oct 07 I received a text from you to inform me that I had topped up my phone by £20 00 in April 07 (six months ago) and your company had not taken it iff my credit card so they were so doing on the 11th Oct 07 not given me any time at all to stop it if I felt I should. I rang your 150 no on my mobile phone consequently getting charged 25 pence for speaking to an operator which took me 15 minutes to get through to a real person who was no help at all her name was VCickie all she kept saying was you have aright to take money up to 6 months after the event which I strongly disagree with.

I usually only top up £10 00 at a time so I had no proof that I had topped up £20 00 I am very annoyed about this and I am strongly thinking about changing net works. It was your staff incompetence not my fault at all.
 22nd of Oct, 2007 by   alan brookes 0 Votes
When are the t mobile customers on Orkney going to get there network back. It has been un-available now for three weeks if I did not have a home phone it would have cost me quite a lot of work. So I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.
 23rd of Oct, 2007 by   alan brookes 0 Votes
Do you as a company have any consideration for your customers complaints. The t mobile network on Orkney has now been down now for three weeks. And nothing has been done to rectify this problem. There is a lot off tmobile customers on the island who will no doubt be thinking of changing networks due to this problem. I will be one of them. I would like a reply from you as soon as the problem has been fixed you have my e mail address!
 24th of Oct, 2007 by   Jen Davenport 0 Votes
I am still speechless over an outrageous exchange I had with customer care. I have been an excellent customer of T-Mobile's for four years. This August my husband and I moved out of the T-Mobile service area, and so on August 15th I called to cancel my service. I was extremely clear on that point: I am moving out of the service area so please CANCEL MY SERVICE. I faxed them all the appropriate documents showing the address change, turned off my phones, and started anew with Verizon that day. Imagine my shock when I received a $277 bill last week for the months of September and October! I was naive enough to think that if I just called them, they would acknowledge their mistake and release the charge. Wrong! I spent over an hour on the phone getting transferred over and over, and finally, here is what I was told: because I had ported out one telephone number to Verizon (my husband's), but not mine - I chose to let the number die and get a new one from Verizon - then the charge was still valid because I had not called back to cancel my number! I was flabbergasted. I attempted to explain repeatedly that I called and canceled the service on August 15th and the rep never told me once that I had to call back once more to specifically cancel my number; had she done so, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Of course they refused to acknowledge that they made any sort of mistake. I asked repeatedly to be transferred to a supervisor, or anyone who could release the charge, and was only given a fax number. I fail to understand how I terminated my contract and cancelled all service on August 15th, yet somehow have to pay for two months of service I did not use. Words cannot express how wronged I feel by this. It is their word against mine now and they are totally unwilling to admit their mistake.
 8th of Dec, 2007 by   lorick conley 0 Votes
I purchase a prepaid sidekick slide from t mobile on 12/5/2007 i paid 380.61, his incomed 100.00 for a activation kit. I returned the phone on 12/7/2007 and was informed i would not get the 100.00 back for the activation kit because i activated the phone. When i informed them i did not activate the phone, the salespersons activated the phone and he did not tell me i could not get 100.00 activation kit fee back. Both the employee and managers response were we can't give you the money back, and i was told to call customer service, i phone customer service and after staying on the phone over 1 hour i was informed i should have read page 24 from a book that comes with the phone, i informed customer service by the time you read page 24 you would have already purchased the phone and activated it. I was then informed before you activate a phone you should read the booklet, once again i told them i did not activate the phone the salesman activated the phone, and he did not ask me or tell me anything he just activated the phone... at this point the person hung up. I phoned again later that day and received the same response i have talked to supervisor and i still received the same response, this is rip off, and i will contact better business bureau, research other avenues to file a complaint... i normally use prepaid phones from t mobile because i don't care for the cost of plans they offer, but i decided to open a plan for myself the sidekick slide was for my daughter, but after this problem i canceled the plan, when asked for a confirmation number showing i canceled the plan customer service told me they do not have confirmation number and i should received something in the mail, i don't trust them, i have 30 days to cancel the plan without paying penalties they may try later to say i never canceled. After this problem with the return of my 100.00 i will never use a plan i will also stick to prepaid, they don't care about consumers, you would rather not return my money and lose more...

How to Invest Without Much Money