logo

Long John Silvers
Undercooked fish
2. (2 mins ago)
Sheridan Labs
Charging my Debit CArd without Auth.
3. (47 mins ago)
Rogers
Overcharge on bills
4. (58 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
5. (1 hr 15 mins ago)
Easy Spirit Shoes
Defective shoes

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Swiss Watch Expo, Alpharetta, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive Business Practice

Swiss Watch Expo Contacts & Informations

Posted:    pinoy_jim

Deceptive Business Practice

298 Clipper Way Dr
Alpharetta, Georgia
Phone: 1-800=7970634
swisswatchexpo.com
I bought a Cartier watch thru EBAY with the description "Original Cartier Box and booklets". When the item arrive, the accompanying booklet is not for the model that I bought but for a different model. I called them to report that they send a different manual and Jake, the owner, said that they do not pay much attention about the booklet when they list the item on EBAY which I think is BS. So I left a negative feedbak on EBay and they retaliated by leaving a feedback that I am an extortionist and a liar.
I am attaching the correspondence between us for your conclusion.

HERE ARE THE CORRESPONDENSE.

Thu, October 28, 2010 3:05:33 PM
From: eBay Member: snkycat <member@ebay.com>

Dear swisswatchexpo,

I received the item just 15 minutes ago and the enclosed manual is for Roadster not for the Santos Galbee.
Please advice.

Jimmy

Response No 1:

Re: swisswatchexpo sent a message about CARTIER-SANTOS GALBEE XL SS & 18K WATCH W20099C4 #330479916244 Thu, October 28, 2010 3:11:26
From: eBay Member: swisswatchexpo <swissw_jrn4395re@members.ebay.com>

Dear snkycat,

Wow,

Jimmy, let me talk to our associate responsible for the shipping, I'll find out. Of course we'll find the manual and ship it to you.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Best,
Victoria

Response No 2:

Re: swisswatchexpo sent a message about CARTIER-SANTOS GALBEE XL SS & 18K WATCH W20099C4 #330479916244 Thu, October 28, 2010 3:40:12 PM
From: eBay Member: swisswatchexpo <swissw_jrn4395re@members.ebay.com>
Dear snkycat,

I've checked the paperwork -- (and we have every box numbered in the office) -- you received the correct package.

I've spoke to Jake and he explained that as each Rolex comes with the paper certificate for this particular model/serial number (of course many of them lost and lot of pre-owned watches are sold without them), Cartier in many occasions are sold without the certificates, just general booklets which are "ORIGINAL CARTIER BOOKLETS" as described in the listing, but not necessary is about this model.

I actually opened several packages for other Cartier we have on sale, and the booklets have the description of 3-4 other models, not the one they came with. I've checked 5 different packages which we've bought from the different sources -- and mistake is not possible, each watch/package is labeled as soon as they arrive.

I hope that explains the booklet contents.

Best,

Victoria

- swisswatchexpo

Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Swiss Watch Expo complaints
Swiss Watch Expo - Misleading terms

Comments

17th of May, 2012 by   js1993 0 Votes
Was the watch authentic beyond doubt?
 1st of Nov, 2013 by   Rob Brown 0 Votes
swisswatchexpo have done the same to me, stated original but in fact most parts were not original to the watch just Rolex service replacement. Sent me a far cheaper bracelet than the one they advertised then refused to put the matter right when told. Told me I had the right to return the watch for a refund (at my own expense) and also having paid over £1000 import duty. Stated that the watch had recently been serviced, if that were true why did it require a new main spring to keep it running? I tried my best to resolve the matter amicably but they were not interested.

Simple Ways to Save $1,000